View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #225 (permalink)
RickThai
Banned

RickThai has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatRickThai has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatRickThai has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatRickThai has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatRickThai has a great interest in being a Thailand ExpatRickThai has a great interest in being a Thailand Expat
[quote=DrAndy;2476868and did you know that anyone can improve their so-called IQ with a few hours of coaching?
[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most people can be "taught" things to improve their score on an IQ test, but if everyone takes the tests without any special training, than I would think that would be a good indicator of relative intelligence.

I once took part in some FBI and CIA training on how to conduct polygraph tests. After just a few minutes of study, I learned how to convince a CIA agent I was lying when I was actually telling the truth (it's much harder to do it the other way around).

Does that mean that polygraph tests are not valid? Of course not. It just shows that with special training, results can be altered.

As far as "racial intelligence", there is no such thing. People of all races are individuals and individual IQs vary. I have no doubt that there are a lot of people of all races that are a lot smarter than me.

And education and intelligence, I'lll repeat this again, are two totally, independent things. There are dumb people with advanced degrees (which Affirmative Action and other programs contribute to), and there are smart people who never graduated from high school.

RickThai
RickThai is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07980 seconds with 19 queries