Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast
    I am in Jail

Last Online
    19-06-2023 @ 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mao say dung View Post
    So I suppose you would have to ask whether racism against "white, middle class, middle aged, educated, law abiding hetreosexual males" is justified or not.

In my opinion, it would be, as seeing a privileged wanker whine on in such a fashion is more than a little disgusting.
    Interesting : So you feel that discrimination is acceptable against people whom you dislike . You are not anti racist/ predujice / discrimination as a whole , you just disagree with it when it happens to people whom you like, but you participate in it when its against people whom you dislike .
    You are the same as everyone else who discriminates .
    You have no qualms about abusing people based on their social standing , although its safe to say that if any "privileged wanker" would ever criticise a person of less standing , you would label them as being prejudiced .
    You feel that its acceptable to abuse White , middle aged , heterosexual males.............which makes you racist, ageist and hetrophobic and classist.......as well as being a hypocrite .

Last Online
    @
    Not to throw cold water on this wonderful circle-jerk about race and racism, I'd like to inject a little science into the discussion. The rest is just opinion, IMO, and an opportunity to pontificate about who they are superior to.

This is one article, but there are links to other sources to this rather old, well established fact.
    Negroid, Mongoloid and Caucasoid. These are the three races, right? Not so, according to science. While the American concept of race took off in the late 1600s and persists even today, researchers now argue that there’s no scientific basis for race. So, what exactly is race, and what are its origins?
    snip
    There was really no such thing as race then,” explained anthropologist Audrey Smedley, author of Race in North America: Origins of a Worldview, in a 2003 PBS interview. “Although ‘race’ was used as a categorizing term in the English language, like ‘type’ or ‘sort’ or ‘kind, it did not refer to human beings as groups.”
    snip
    In the 1800s, Dr. Samuel Morton argued that physical differences between races could be measured, most notably in brain size. Morton’s successor in this field, Louis Agassiz, began “arguing that blacks are not only inferior but they’re a separate species altogether,” Smedley said.
    Thanks to scientific advances, we can now say definitively that individuals such as Morton and Aggasiz are wrong. Race is fluid and thus difficult to pinpoint scientifically. “Race is a concept of human minds, not of nature,” Relethford writes.
    Unfortunately, this view hasn’t completely caught on outside of scientific circles.
    http://racerelations.about.com/od/understandingrac1/a/WhatIsRace.htm

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Cannabis just seems to knock out the last spark of energy and ambition in them , the filthy thick chavs , they just lazily wonder around with little zeal for life , stupefied after free basing some crap tranquilizing substance in public - perhaps that was the governments plan .
    lol at "free basing" cannabis.

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post
    Cannabis just seems to knock out the last spark of energy and ambition in them , the filthy thick chavs , they just lazily wonder around with little zeal for life , stupefied after free basing some crap tranquilizing substance in public - perhaps that was the governments plan .
    Maybe he's thinking of a 'bomber'?

Elite Mumbler
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Due to mass immigration and Londons local governments policy of giving immigrants almost exclusive priority in cheap social housing
    I suppose I could spend the time to refute this myth, again, but the mods will probably delete it.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM

Banned
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    I think all normal people inherently think that their race is the best race.

That is probably a carryover from the instinctual characteristic that helped with survival back in the olden days when different tribes were automatically enemies that killed off the men and boys, and took the women as sex slaves and workers (provided they were pretty).

(On the flip side, I would hate to be a person, who really felt that their race was inferior - talk about low self-esteem).

Just my opinion tough.

RickThai

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    back in the olden days when different tribes were automatically enemies that killed off the men and boys, and took the women as sex slaves and workers (provided they were pretty).
    I think you are mixing up real history and the Chronicles of Gor......

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    [QUOTE=nidhogg;2464933]
    back in the olden days when different tribes were automatically enemies that killed off the men and boys, and took the women as sex slaves and workers (provided they were pretty).
    For a moment I thought that was a description of today's Britain by invading hordes.

Last Online
    @

RickThai
    I think you'll find it's racists who inherently think that their race is the best race.

Normal people know there are good and bad, big and small, weak and strong, intelligent and thick all over the world, and a difference in skin colour or percieved race or ethnic group, does not make one person better than another.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    you may well laugh my friend, you may well laugh, but once we used to point at birds in the sky and go ooga ooga

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Shagnastier View Post
    you may well laugh my friend, you may well laugh, but once we used to point at birds in the sky and go ooga ooga
    Some still do........see DH.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    12-05-2022 @ 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    That is probably a carryover from the instinctual characteristic that helped with survival back in the olden days when different tribes were automatically enemies that killed off the men and boys, and took the women as sex slaves and workers (provided they were pretty).
    I see anthropology sits just above Buddhism on the long list of things you know fuck all about.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Shagnastier View Post
    ha ha maybe Blue is a visionary!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    29-06-2020 @ 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post

RickThai
    I think you'll find it's racists who inherently think that their race is the best race.

Normal people know there are good and bad, big and small, weak and strong, intelligent and thick all over the world, and a difference in skin colour or percieved race or ethnic group, does not make one person better than another.
    Normal people, what are they. Peopled raised from birth to believe in voodoo and human sacrifices, Cannibals and head hunters from PNG, maybe Palestinian kids raise from birth to hate Jews, or Muslims raised to hate all that don't follow their form of true Islam, perhaps the mass of Indians that follow the caste system.
    Yep normal people, or could it be that normal to you is white middle class. Jim

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I don't think Palestinian kids need to be raised to hate Jews. They just need to watch the TV. Jim

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Normal people, what are they.
    People whose world view is based on late-Victorian children's books.

Banned
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post

RickThai

The forum was about race, not individual variation within race.

Do you wish you had been born of a different race?

RickThai

Banned
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooheekock View Post
    I see anthropology sits just above Buddhism on the long list of things you know fuck all about.
    Actually my university degree is in Computer Science with a minor in Electronic Engineering. However, I do read a lot of books on various topics including anthropology.

Do you have a university degree? If so, is it in Comparative Religion or Anthropology?

Didn't think so.

RickThai

En route
    Last Online
    21-04-2024 @ 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooheekock View Post
    Actually my university degree is in Computer Science with a minor in Electronic Engineering. However, I do read a lot of books on various topics including anthropology.

Do you have a university degree? If so, is it in Comparative Religion or Anthropology?

Didn't think so.

RickThai
    He has a degree in literature, his major was one line comebacks about things I know nothing of.
    “If we stop testing right now we’d have very few cases, if any.” Donald J Trump.

Last Online
    @
    The forum was about race, not individual variation within race. Do you wish you had been born of a different race? RickThai
    The fact that a scientific definition of race has never been established here--let alone an agreed upon TD definition of race--your question...this whole thread, in fact, is about whatever fantasy you grew up with about the subject, about your own race or anybody elses.

Why don't you argue about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? It makes about as much sense.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    The whole concept of prejudice is a bit suspect. Part of your intelligence as a human being is making judgements based on past experience and knowledge acquired from your general life experiance. When that judgement involves encountering a fellow human being of a different ethnic origin then your expectations about that person will naturally and rightly be coloured by this knowledge.

Same same the supposed injustice of 'racial stereotyping'. It is not an injustice. The perceived unacceptability of the practise is just irrational political correctness, which is the real disease of modern conciousness.
    Nice one mate..and without using the word "Racism"

Racism is an overused catch all ......often bandied about as a derision by "reformed smoker" type nations and individuals. Gross hypocrisy....

Am I a racist?..By current definitions obviously yes .

Remember the old saw..."Foreigners may be nice people but I don't want 'em living next door or marrying my daughter"

Everybody knows Canadians are boring, Americans loudmouths, Brits whiners, Aussies uncouth, Jews poor downtrodden chosen, Arabs rich rag heads, Scots cheap, Irish/Poles dumb, Italians,Russians, Lebs are............ ..yadda yadda,yadda

Okay bored now ...nearly time for a beer.....

Last Online
    @
    It was a prediction from someone who knew exactly what was happening though. A bit like Atlas Shrugged......

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    It was a prediction from someone who knew exactly what was happening though. A bit like Atlas Shrugged......
    And yet, this individual insight is not cherish by the respective populations.
    I'd say that the learning curve is a bit suspect.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    So presumably you think (correctly - thereby proving the old adage about even stopped clocks occasionally telling the right time) that your degree doesn't wholly determine what you know and don't know. And in that case, only a fucking idiot would then immediately ask

Anyway, since you claim to have read many books on anthropology, which one caused you to believe

Is in 'the olden days' standard usage in these books? Do they have exciting copper-plate engravings of fearsome negroid creatures abducting suspiciously European-looking maidens? How wonderful.
    Last edited by Zooheekock; 30-05-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread Information