Page 1 of 76 1234567891151 ... LastLast
    I am in Jail

Last Online
    30-05-2014 @ 10:48 PM

English Premier League 2013/2014

When better to start talking about next season than on the last day of this season?

For those of you who miss their regular dose of footy each week, and count down the days until it all kicks off again, let's start next season right now with a good old chin wag.

How about starting with, what team you support. How did last season go for you, and what are your hopes for next season. Who do you think will win the league next year. What teams do you think will struggler, and who will be the surprise packages.

Heard any transfer rumours? Any confirmed signings hot off the press? Who do you think should go where and why?

Any thing you want to throw in the pot about the EPL, to help make the off season fly by as quick as possible, this is the thread to do it. Before we know it, it will be August 17th and everything will be back to normal.

EDIT: Forgot to say. Please can we leave the playground bullshit off the thread. My team's better than your team. No my team's better than your team, blah fucking blah.
    Last edited by Aberlour; 20-05-2013 at 04:07 AM.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    I've supported Chelsea for 30 years, and I'm very pleased with our season. Although I didn't want him there I think Benitez has been treated very poorly by the fans, and they were too stupid to realise our performances were suffering as a result of the poisonous atmosphere. He deserves a pat on the back for winning us another trophy and getting us the all important top 4 finish. Still glad he'll be gone next year of course.

It's now all about waiting for the news that the special one is coming back and who he may bring with him. I desperately want Falcao to sign but I don't think it will happen. City are interested as well, but the rumour is Monaco will take him, and it may be a stepping stone to Real Madrid, with a direct transfer from one side of Madrid to the other being a no no. That means one of the best players around, taking a huge step down in the level of football he's playing, simply for financial gain, and obviously not playing champions league football for another season. This is complete fucking madness and I hope it doesn't happen.

There is also a lot of talk about Rooney coming to Chelsea, with "name your price" type of quotes flying about.

I can't remember the last time I cried, but I think I will blub like a baby if that fucking fat, low life cretin comes to my club. Please say it ain't so.

I think next season will be even more of a roller coaster than normal. Just 90 days to go and we'll find out.

I am in Jail

Last Online

R.I.P
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    With both Swansea and now Cardiff in the Premiership the EPL is dead.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    ^ Fair point. On the other hand, we could be in for some real tasty derbies. I bet those two won't fuck around when they meet!

I am in Jail

Last Online
    I heard on the radio yesterday, some bloke from the EPL, saying they were introducing an American style of interaction with the players. Far more so than now anyway. Interviewing them as they get off the bus and that kind of thing. Could be interesting.

Last Online
    02-09-2017 @ 04:42 AM
    highlight of today; when the spud fans thought newcastle had equalized against us - priceless. heres to another off season of wenger buying unknown french players for a pittance

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Great season for the Baggies, finishing in 8th place, very happy for Steve Clarke being an ex-Chelsea legend. (longevity rather than ability) and a great season for Romelu Lukaku, finished off with a hat-trick against Manu Utd no less.

The big question now is whether Steve Clarke will have him for next season or not, or whether Chelsea will take him back, to sit in the reserves and on the bench.

Not sure what I think is best for us or him to be honest. Another season at WBA I suppose.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    I'm looking for a new team to support ,
    Anyone know which side has the fewest niggers in it ?
    I hate those racists

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I'm looking for a new team to support ,
    Anyone know which side has the fewest niggers in it ?
    I hate those racists
    Surely you're not abandoning Millwall just because they're shit (again)?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-08-2022 @ 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberlour View Post
    ^ Fair point. On the other hand, we could be in for some real tasty derbies. I bet those two won't fuck around when they meet!
    always a jolly day out,with a bit of light hearted banter..cant wait.

Last Online
    @
    Goal.com, I would suggest you put more faith in the Daily Mirror.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by barrylad66 View Post
    always a jolly day out,with a bit of light hearted banter..cant wait.
    You must be made up to see your team in the premiership mate. It's going to be a tough old season for you that's for sure. Can't see you doing as well as the Swansea boys but I hope you make a go of it and stay up for a few seasons.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Tony Pulis has left Stoke City after 7 years in charge.

BBC Sport - Tony Pulis leaves Stoke City after seven years in charge

Will next season be the record for how many clubs will be starting a season with a new manager? I wonder what that stat is.

Knows fok all
    Last Online
    @
    I predict a bright future for West Ham going to be moving into one of the best stadiums around big investment on the way.

Last Online
    @

Pulis leaves Stoke

I don't know if they will carry on playing their mangy attempt at football or if it will leave with Pulis.

Would be happy to see them both relegated to the conference where they belong.

Manager Tony Pulis has left Stoke City following talks with chairman Peter Coates on Tuesday.
    Pulis's future has been in doubt for some time and he has been told the club feels the time is right for him to leave after seven years in charge

Knows fok all
    Last Online
    @
    West Ham United are delighted to announce the signing of Romania captain Razvan Rat on a free transfer.

Hammers seal Rat signing | News | Latest News | News | West Ham United

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by daveboy
    I predict a bright future for West Ham going to be moving into one of the best stadiums around big investment on the way.
    You need to keep Carroll badly IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I don't know if they will carry on playing their mangy attempt at football or if it will leave with Pulis.

Would be happy to see them both relegated to the conference where they belong.
    Yes and know. They get a lot of stick and rightly so, but you have to do what ever you can do to get the results.

If you look at their league positions they more than deserve their place IMO

2012-13: 13th

2011-12: 14th

2010-11: 13th

2009-10: 11th

2008-09: 12th

It's the exact same way Chelsea beat Barca last season. Everybody gave them stick, but what's the point in trying to out play a team that you know is so much better than you.

It's a cop out when teams can't beat a worse team and then blame their "park the bus" style. It's the better teams job to adapt and beat them no matter what

I am in Jail

Last Online
    When you think about it, The Hammers had a pretty fantastic season this year finishing mid table. Lots of teams who do well first season in, or back in the EPL, then struggle the following season. Next season will be a big test for Big Sam.

The league is much better with them in it IMO, way too big a club not to be.

Last Online
    @
    When you think about it, The Hammers had a pretty fantastic season this year finishing mid table. Lots of teams who do well first season in, or back in the EPL, then struggle the following season. Next season will be a big test for Big Sam.

The league is much better with them in it IMO, way too big a club not to be.
    "Big"?

Last Online
    02-09-2017 @ 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daveboy View Post

i suspect the opposite. the atmosphere will be shit, a bit like when we moved from highbury to ashburton grove (mind you the atmosphere at highbury was shit most of the time). watched green street the other night - nowt better than watching little harvard elves playing hard man

Knows fok all
    Last Online
    @
    Highbury has always be known as the morgue never been an atmosphere there just like the Emirates today, difference with West Ham is local support don't you remember the 1980 cup final hardly saw an Arsenal fan all day we owned Wembley that day. When it comes to it West Ham supporters have always and will continue to turn up in large numbers. You've only have to look at our average attendance over the last 30 years whether in in top league or not. When it comes to support in London we're the guvnors.
    Last edited by daveboy; 22-05-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-12-2020 @ 05:03 AM
    I'm a Newcastle fan, and last season was a typical one for a Newcastle fan; Fucking depressing and full of disappointment.

So, I'm not holding out much hope for next season but I'll carry on supporting them, inevitably getting depressed and disappointed in their lacklustre performances and perennial lack of achievement.

Nothing else for it really. I mean, I'm stuck with the sorry shower, ain't I?

Knows fok all
    Last Online
    @
    You got to get rid of Pardew we had one good season with him after that he was shite.

Knows fok all
    Last Online
    @

Page 1 of 76 1234567891151 ... LastLast

Thread Information