Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Chonburi : Upsurge in retirement visas

Upsurge in retirement visas
    3 Feb 2013

The number of one-year retirement visas has surged by more than 30 percent, according to a source at the Chonburi Immigration Bureau.

Although there are more British applicants than any other nationality, there is a noticeable growth in the number of Russian applicants.

If the trend continues, more than 45,000 such visas will have been issued by the end of the 2013.

The Immigration Bureau source added that there are many foreigners living in Thailand who use other visa opportunities, including marriage visas, educational visas and work permits.

Other types of visas are available at Thai embassies and consulates around the world, including multiple entry “O” and “OA” visas.

bangkokpost.com

Last Online
    30-03-2013 @ 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid
    That's the way I'll be going come my renewal date. A 'Marriage Extension' is too much trouble.

Last Online
    18-02-2015 @ 11:40 AM
    I guess as the years roll by a lot more folk who are working here, or working offshore and living here are now passing the magical "50" and are eligable for a Retirement Visa based on monthly earnings...... so much easier than going the Marriage visa route.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    The other option is to do what I am this year, trip to OZ and then get a marriage visa No hassle no border runs just a quick over the bridge and back again. Granted not as easy as the marriage extension but necessitated by an Alzheimers induced fvuck up .
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    16-02-2015 @ 12:11 PM
    I have had both but because of all the hassel and keeping around £20000 in a Thai bank i now just do none im o , less hassel, and i work abroad a few months every year anyway so its great.

Last Online
    30-03-2013 @ 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nevets
    I have had both but because of all the hassel and keeping around £20000 in a Thai bank
    Why do you keep 20,000 Pounds in a Thai bank? Don't you use it once you've applied for your extension?

Last Online
    05-03-2016 @ 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid
    That's the way I'll be going come my renewal date. A 'Marriage Extension' is too much trouble.

What is the major difference between retirement visa and a marriage visa other than the amount of money required and being legally married to a
    thai?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Err, have a look at the thread a couple above this one on the board.

loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    The other option is to do what I am this year, trip to OZ and then get a marriage visa No hassle no border runs just a quick over the bridge and back again. Granted not as easy as the marriage extension but necessitated by an Alzheimers induced fvuck up .
    You mean a multiple entry non immigrant visa O based on being married but that will require you to leave the country every 90 days , hence trip over the bridge ?

Thread Information