Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Can't green you again, BLD, but want to compliment you on yet another awesome thread.

I especially like the variety of your pics - a truly well documented trip.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    29-04-2023 @ 08:08 AM
    ^ Cheers mate glad you enjoyed it, we took something like 700 pictures between my camera and my wifes , will finish of with a few random ones

Chinese fastfood

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    The day we flew back from chengdu to Kunming an earthquake struck about 100 kms from chengdu, so we finished up delayed in the airport for about 6 hours while they waited for after shocks,

Punters in the airport watching news of the quake on the telly

Finally got the nod to Take of

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    Fantastic mate ,, making me late again for work ,, but this is more interesting than my daily grind .

Was just thinking to myself with the advent of the digital world how much easier it is for us to be able to do these picture threads ,, have nicked a few of your pics for a bit later on if and when I get time to paint some of them .

Cheers again its wonderful to sit up in bed in the morn and view with the wife , she is enjoying seeing it all to
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

Banned
    Last Online
    30-04-2016 @ 12:12 AM
    Kunming doesn't look that nice. I had a job offer there quite awhile ago that I turned down.

Glad you had a nice trip. How did you find the people towards you?

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTraveller View Post
    Kunming doesn't look that nice. I had a job offer there quite awhile ago that I turned down.

Glad you had a nice trip. How did you find the people towards you?
    Only been to kunming once, was there for 4 days and I loved it.
    very nice people, no staring or spitting and girls literally following me around and hitting on me right up to the girl at the cafeteria at the airport as I was leaving giving me her number.
    Admittedly I am hansum man, but not THAT hansum.
    I just found it a very aggreeable place.
    “If we stop testing right now we’d have very few cases, if any.” Donald J Trump.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beerlaodrinker View Post
    ^ Cheers mate glad you enjoyed it, we took something like 700 pictures between my camera and my wifes , will finish of with a few random ones

Chinese fastfood

Oh boy, I do like the look of that soup.

reminds me a bit of the beef noodle soup in Taiwan - so much better than anything the Thais cook up.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    That soup wasnt bad at all, We only went to the 3 cities Kunming, chongquing and chengdu , Chongquing despite the smog and traffic was the most interesting place for me , my wife preferred Kunming, The people in all those places seemed neither Freindly or unfreindly , a bit indifferent i suppose, The women in all those places were invariably dressed immaculately and were easy on the eye, I would definately visit china again perhaps next time shanghai or/ and Beijing Lao airlines fly vientiane to Guonggou now, Got a 2 week trip to the philippines planned in june coming up so will see how i get on for time after that

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    Top pics mate.
    I'm still boggled at how clean it is.Looks like you could eat of the pavement.
    Its like a themepark version of a chinese city..

Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 03:11 AM

The to blokes in the back ground look like their freezing their nuts off and you've just walked out the airport in a shirt.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron99
    I'm still boggled at how clean it is.Looks like you could eat of the pavement.
    Apparently, or so the story goes the chinese decided to instill a bit of civic pride after winning the bid to host the 2008 olympics,Campaigns were conducted across the country to curb public spitting, cursing and littering,and even queuing up in lines in order to showcase china to the world perhaps its working,
    They still spit a lot though. where else in the world would you have to put a sign in your smimming pool telling people not to spit in it, FFS

There was even a campaign to stop the hilarious bad chinglish Translations of signs and menus

In Beijing people caught spitting in public before the olympics faced fines of 50 yuan . The sinus clearing -phlegmy pre spit hawking sound is so common that one foreigner wryly dubbed it " The national anthem of china, lol

Quote Originally Posted by brisie
    The to blokes in the back ground look like their freezing their nuts off and you've just walked out the airport in a shirt.
    It was a bit nippy we landed at about 9.00 in the morning, warmed up nicely by lunchtime though.
    That hotel pool was heated to, and no fucker hoicking oysters in it
    Last edited by beerlaodrinker; 26-04-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    Really nice set of pics, China is quite surprising when one visits the joint.
    We had a good trip, get to wall and the terracotta warriors next time you go.

I must say mate, you and the ball and chain ain't shy when it comes to putting on the nose bag.

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57
    I must say mate, you and the ball and chain ain't shy when it comes to putting on the nose bag.
    Hmm, you saying we is fat kunts? Anyway, she is in a good paddock, and as for me, been bunging on the kilos since i gave up the smokes, So much good nosebag around one tends to overdo it also,
    Bor pen nyang , as they say

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I can't get over how clean it is, in my day doing the round it wasn't like that. Spitting every where, because they all had emphysema, from smoking cheap fags, if a baby need a shit mum just held its ass out so it won't splash her, and then kid let go, on the pavement.

They ate and just spat their bones out on the floor. On the other hand I saw the tourist places before they were crowded, the great wall I walked on by myself, etc.

Thanks for taking the time BLD. its been enjoyable.
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    Thanks for taking the time BLD. its been enjoyable.
    Glad you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking
    You got that right

I'm in Jail

Last Online
    Chongqing porters

Kunming street
    Last edited by beerlaodrinker; 02-05-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Last Online
    16-09-2019 @ 07:58 PM
    Great thread, really enjoyable / interesting.

Hope you had more than the one white shirt (where's a smiley when you need one?)!

Last Online
    13-05-2013 @ 05:40 PM

Great Room!

Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus
    Chinese people, especially when drunk, are violent bastards.
    Thats what i thought, They seemed aggressive little fookers sober, got a couple of pics in here somewhere of 2 blokes having a fisticuff in the market, and saw it nearly come to blows on the plane with a couple of blokes

The work bench
    Great room - much batter than I expected there and you seem to be moving about freely!

Last Online
    13-05-2013 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks for posting. Good pics. I have been thinking of a trip around China. Gives me some good ideas.

Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Last Online
    22-09-2013 @ 02:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTB View Post
    Chinese people, especially when drunk, are violent bastards.
    Thats what i thought, They seemed aggressive little fookers sober, got a couple of pics in here somewhere of 2 blokes having a fisticuff in the market, and saw it nearly come to blows on the plane with a couple of blokes

The work bench
    Great room - much batter than I expected there and you seem to be moving about freely!
    No problem moving about in China and the hotels are the same as in the western world. The only time I got stopped going anywhere was with the wife visiting an Opium war museum as a part of it was on a Chinese navy base,they would let her in as she was Chinese but would not let me in as I was not but the armed guards were all smiling and very nice about it. I just thought no big deal as I could not get on a navy base in my home country without actually being in the navy.

I always found the Chinese to be very nice, I have had many of them thru the years smiling and saying hello in English,even got pissed a few times with some of the guys who just hang out on the street.

Anyway nice report and thanks for the pics, I know Chongqing,the wifes family live in a village just outside it.

Last Online
    25-09-2017 @ 08:32 PM
    Awesome pics. I live in China, and you did a great job with these pics. There's lotsa shit going on here, but there's also good stuff all the time (went sailing today).

Keep 'em coming..

Last Online
    26-03-2014 @ 12:01 PM
    BLD,

Excellant trip report!!

You covered the big 3; Kunming, Chongquing, and Chengdu. I have been many parts of China, and always wanted to go there (rumors of bad smog are really true). Now, thanks to you I can say I've (almost) been!!

Well Done!!!

Last Online
    @
    Well done, very interesting, very enjoyable

Last Online
    13-11-2020 @ 04:02 AM
    So there is plenty of Strontium in Chongqaing? It is used to coat Cathode Ray Tubes ... which are now Phased out by LED Screens.

Last Online
    29-06-2014 @ 03:39 PM
    Woeful beer, and the other shit you were drinking most likely gave you Hep a, b and c.
    ^ I couldnt get on with any of the chinese piss, i think the best out of a bad bunch was snow beer, couldnt find it everywhere though, ended up drinking heinekin or whatever imported beer i could find, found some dark chimay belgian beer one night, not cheap but at 9 % i didnt really need to many .Probably just got the Hep A and C , Im hep B resistant
    It may interest you to learn that do called imported beers such as Heinekin, Carlsberg, San Mig etc are actually brewed under licence in house.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information