Out there...
    Last Online
    @

Buri Ram: 'Lucky' dead kitten in foot-long sausage

Dead cat in sausage proves lucky for lottery buyers | Bangkok Post: breakingnews

'Lucky' dead kitten in foot-long sausage

BURI RAM - A woman who found the body of a young kitten inside a sausage she was eating made a small shrine for it in her home and neighbours later came to worship it - after which some won money on the lottery.

A woman who found the body of a young kitten inside a sausage (inset) made a shrine for it in her home and neighbours later came to worship it - after which they won the lottery. (Photo courtesy of Thai Rath)

Krod Yotchomrang, 52, told reporters that she bought some foot-long sausages from a local market in Satuk district of Buri Ram province, according to a report in Thai Rath.

She said her family really liked the sausages and they were all enjoying their meal.

"I was cutting the third sausage when I noticed what looked like a small cat," Mrs Krod said.

When she looked closer she saw its eyes and nose, and a chunk of cat hair.

"We almost threw up when we realised we were eating the body of a kitten for dinner," she told reporters.

After thinking it through, she set up a small altar in her home, placed the kitten's body on it, burned incense and prayed before it.

Her neighbours, and even people she did not know, began visiting her home to see the shrine, she said.

"Several of them won money on the lottery playing the number 52", her age, she said. The two-digit winning number for the March 16 lottery draw was 52.

Local police said Public Health officials had begun an investigation to find out if the local sausage maker was mixing cat meat with pork, or if it was an isolated incident and the kitten fell into the sausage making machine and contaminated the food.
    "Slavery is the daughter of darkness; an ignorant people is the blind instrument of its own destruction; ambition and intrigue take advantage of the credulity and inexperience of men who have no political, economic or civil knowledge. They mistake pure illusion for reality, license for freedom, treason for patriotism, vengeance for justice."-Simón Bolívar

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by StrontiumDog
    After thinking it through, she set up a small altar in her home, placed the kitten's body on it, burned incense and prayed before it.
    I mean you'd have to be an idiot not to really...

Last Online
    15-07-2021 @ 04:44 PM
    Betwixt Orientals, Occidentals & Accidentals
    Does anyone here really believe these stories?

A better headline:

"Attention starved 52 year old gets visited for first time in years."

euston has flown

Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    I guess it makes a change from an horse

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    What was the size of the original sausage,to house a kitten. There's more than one way to skin a kitten. Wait till the maggots eat the kitten,even more luck.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    The cat has my tongue.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    no pics ?

Tax Consultant
    Last Online
    @
    Imagine, you go into a shop and buy a hot dog but find some joker has sold you a cat instead.

This place is in dire need of consumer protection.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    she should be filing a lawsuit,

pics removed by mod ?

Last edited by Butterfly; 19-03-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Last Online
    02-04-2013 @ 06:58 PM
    This will make international headlines keeping Thailand on the monkeyland list. I don't know how a cat could be made into a sausage. Maybe it was supposed to be a dog sausage. When she saw the kitten inside, she was disgusted.

Speaking of sausages. I bit into a Esarn sausage from a street vendor in Pratumthani and found a finger from a plastic glove a few years back. No doubt most cheap prepared Thai food is loaded with bugs and other things that fall into it.

One more note, notice how the Bangkok Post looks at this. No shock or upset. It's okay to eat cat in Thailand by their standards. No biggy.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    why remove the pic ? maybe blocked by the Bangkok Post

Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz
    a foot long sausage from horse does not bear thinking about

Last Online
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz
    a foot long sausage from horse does not bear thinking about
    There is a scene in Black Adder where the Scarlet Pimpernel is eating a large sausage and says " This sausage is terrible and it looks like a donkeys dong."

ding ding ding
    Last Online
    @
    These people look the same, they walk upright and use mobiles and drive cars and stuff like that but they're not the same as you and me are they?

Last Online
    22-02-2018 @ 10:12 PM
    To me it sounds worse if it was an accident. What else could get in the food if a bit of pussy can.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    they are not dissimilar to medieval serfs, having the superstitions of the uneducated, the beliefs of the naive, the deference of the downtrodden and the hopes of the foolish, but living in a 21st century world which must confuse them awfully.

however, in their defence, had this happened in a "civilised" country, there would have been a full blown country wide panic, a health scare, the press would have gone into overdrive, the prime minister would have made a statement and food production would have come to a halt, thousands of tons of food would have been thrown away in case it might have been tainted, and a baying population would be calling for the heads of scapegoats to roll.

sometimes, its not so bad here after all.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Things like this can be a godsend for the poor shopper involved.Set up a shrine and locals will be queueing around the block to get their next Lottery Numbers.
    A nice little earner,I guess the local Public Health officials will be the first in the line looking for that magic number and couldn't give a fook about the unsanitary whereabouts the sausage came from .
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

Last Online
    22-03-2021 @ 04:00 AM
    Alternative headline would be

52 yr old Woman Eats Pussy !

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    they are not dissimilar to medieval serfs, having the superstitions of the uneducated, the beliefs of the naive, the deference of the downtrodden and the hopes of the foolish, but living in a 21st century world which must confuse them awfully.

however, in their defence, had this happened in a "civilised" country, there would have been a full blown country wide panic, a health scare, the press would have gone into overdrive, the prime minister would have made a statement and food production would have come to a halt, thousands of tons of food would have been thrown away in case it might have been tainted, and a baying population would be calling for the heads of scapegoats to roll.

sometimes, its not so bad here after all.
    Yup.

Avoid sausages / all processed meat everywhere it seems.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steve down under View Post
    Alternative headline would be

52 yr old Woman Eats Pussy !
    FFSMuslim Pussy - Picture Pussy complete with her bangers

Thread Information