Last Online
    04-12-2016 @ 04:04 PM

Internal water softeners. Where? How much?

I want to install an internal water softener in my apartment bathroom because the water is so damn hard.

Where am I likely to find one of these and how much am I looking at paying?

Last Online
    08-09-2018 @ 04:29 PM
    Don't know about water softener. But, I get a bottle of small Vixol, empty a quarter bottle in the toilet tank over night. Let it bubble. In the morning, take a crap and a shower, add a quarter bottle to the tank again. Works wonders. Wouldn't touch the stuff with bare hands, though.

Special member
    Last Online
    @
    Why would you want to install a water softener in an apartment, how big is it??

If it's showers you are concerned about get a few inline filters.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    14-10-2022 @ 11:11 AM
    It is not simple job to have a water softer for a condo.
    If you had the room to do it, you would need.
    A water tank a large filter & pump.
    a lot is to do with PH.
    If you use Resin you need a second small tank,for salt brine for regeneration.
    But if your PH is between 6.8-8.2 then you can use Birm single only.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sranchito
    take a crap
    Wouldn't touch the stuff with bare hands, though.
    Don't know about water softener.
    a useful post

as for water softeners, they are quite bulky and messy

in the Uk I use one of those electrolysing gadgets; you just wrap the electrodes around the pipe and it somehow stops the water calcifying. It doesn't make the water any softer though

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    You can order a KDF faucet or shower filter online. I ordered some for my place and there are great. It softens plus much more..

I started a thread on the filters somewhere.

pureshowers.co.uk
    Last edited by Jesus Jones; 14-03-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Last Online
    Cut up my plastic (credit cards) when I left the UK.

Is somewhere like Home Pro likely to sell shower filters?

Last Online
    ^Couldn't find any which is why I bought online.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by jizzybloke View Post
    Why would you want to install a water softener in an apartment, how big is it??

If it's showers you are concerned about get a few inline filters.
    Where from, bro'?

Home Pro, etc.

Cheers!

Last Online
    I tried both home pro and works in a few places between home and work. Neither had them.

Last Online
    Okay, how much for a main/external water filter then?

Maybe I can persuade my landlord to go 50/50 with me!

Special member
    Last Online
    @
    Sorry I got some from Amazon..

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    What is KDF
    Kinetic Degradation Fluxion Media
    KDF water filtration media is a high-purity alloy of both copper and,zinc used in a flaked or granulated particulate form. Usually appearing gold or brass in colour.
    used in water filtration applications. KDF is often used along side activated carbon to maximise the filters efficiency. Generally KDF is used in a purification systemas a pre-filter, before another, finer stage of filtration, for example, reverse osmosis, deionisationandion exchange

I have been reading that silver & gold are good in water treatment.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I do know if this is true

How To Make Gold Water, Silver Water And Copper Water - Metal Charged Water And Its Benefits In Maintaining Health

An Ancient Ayurvedic Therapy

Healing with metals is an ancient Ayurvedic therapy. Metals like gold, silver and copper have been used to treat various health problems in Ayurveda.
    Gold water, silver water, copper water means water charged with the healing qualities of these metals. It is known that copper, silver and gold have health benefits for the human body. These health benefits can be transferred to the water which comes in contact with these metals. Before I lay out the method by which this can be done, I'd like to present some information about this therapy.

In ancient times, it was a practice with the Kings and the affluent to use gold and silver utensils and cutlery to serve and eat food, and to store and drink water from these metallic containers.

Mahatma Gandhi said " It is health that is real wealth and not gold and silver ". So true! Not only ancient Indians, the ancient Egyptians too used gold, silver and copper vessels and cutlery for the very purpose described above. The Egyptians knew that the 3 metals apart from their aesthetic use provided innumerable health benefits as well.
    Ayurveda has from times immemorial suggested using a copper vessels to store water overnight and to drink this as soon as one gets up the next morning. Many Ayurvedic medicines even today use gold and silver ash (bhasm) as one of their ingredients.
    Also it was and is a common practice in India to put a gold or silver foil in murabbas, chyawanprash and medicines even today. Paan, the Indian betel leaf mouth freshener and digestive, is covered in silver foil before being given to the customer. All this just shows the importance these metals have on our health and well being.
    What Is Metal Charged Water

When metals like gold, silver or copper are put in water for a specific time period, the resultant water gets charged with the health benefitting qualities of the metal.

Some Health Benefits Of Metal Charged Water

Some of these health benefits are :
    • Gold
    People suffering from respiratory disease like asthma, breathlessless, diseases of the lungs, heart diseases, brain diseases, find it benefits to consume gold charged water.
    Gold benefits the brain, relaxes the body and mind. Cleopatra used it for its benefits to health and beauty. It is also used in China as medicine.
    • Silver
    People suffering from digestive problems and organs related to digestion like stomach, intestines, liver etc and those suffering from diseases of the urinary system and organs find it benefits to consume silver charged water.
    Silver has anti bacterial, anti viral and anti fungal properties. In olden times milk was preserved by putting silver coins in it since it kills pathogens of all types instantly.
    • Copper
    Those suffering from a number of chronic and complicated diseases like joint diseases, polio, leprosy, high BP, knee pains, stress and mental tension, paralysis find it benefits to consume copper charged water.
    Copper is needed by the body for various physiological functions like RBC synthesis, protein metabolism, enzyme activity and benefits the nervous and circulatory systems and bone health.
    Things Required & Precautions

Gold
    10 to 20 grams of gold coins or gold ornaments like bangles, rings, etc.
    Precautions
    Ornaments without stones or a lot of joints, like chains or necklaces should not be used for this purpose.
    Silver
    20 to 50 grams of pure silver coins, utensils like small plates or pieces of silver.
    Precautions
    Use only pure silver for this purpose.
    Copper
    40 to 50 grams of copper in the form of coins, utensils, small plates or pieces of copper.
    Precautions
    Do not use copper wires meant for electric work even if they are new.
    All these things can be got from jewellers who should be told that these things need to be pure and for what purpose they are being bought so that you do not end up buying the wrong thing.

Procedure For Making Metal Charged Water & Its Usage

• Wash the needed metal well with clean water.
    • In a steel vessel (do not use aluminium vessel), put 4 to 5 cups of fresh & clean water. Drop all the metal in this water and keep the water for boiling. Keep boiling the water till 2 cups of water remain.
    • Remove the metals from the water and strain this water through a fine muslin cloth.
    • The resultant water is the metal charged water.
    • Drink 1 cup of this slightly warm metal charged water in the morning and the other cup in the evening.

However it is better to prepare it fresh each time it is to be consumed. For this purpose take 3 cups of water each time and boil till just 1 cup remains. This can be consume after straining and cooling to the required temperature.
    • If the disease is chronic boil further till 1/2 cup water remains. This will be more beneficial.
    • Do not drink stale water that is water remaining from the previous day. Fresh metal charged water should be made each day preferably each time. also use pure metals.
    • It is not necessary to use all the 3 metals together for making the metal charged water. One can use the metal indicated for the specific disease and make the water.
    However many times we are not aware of the exact reason of the disease or health condition. It is therefore better to use all the 3 metals together to make the charged water.
    NOTE
    Do not consume sour things like pickles, lemons, limes and the like during the time you are consuming this water.
    If this water is taken along with Acupressure therapy then chronic diseases get cured faster.
    The link to my hub on Acupressure is given below.

Disclaimer
    This is for information purposes only. Please consult your health practitioner or medical doctor before embarking on any new health regime or alternate health therapy.

Some of my other hubs on Alternate Therapies
    • EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique Or Tapping - An Alternative Healing Therapy
      EFT or Emotional freedom Technique is an alternative health therapy very much like acupressure, in which specific points on the body are tapped in a particular way. To learn more about this therapy, read on...
    • Oil Pulling And Its Health Benefits
      Oil Pulling, also known as oil swishing, is one of the many ancient Indian Ayurvedic alternate therapies which have amazing health benefits. To know more about this simple, cheap and wonderful old world health practice, read on...
    • Acupressure For Migraines And Headache
      Acupressure or pressure points therapy is a simple and effective alternate therapy to get rid of many health issues, safely. Learn about the acupressure points for migraine and headaches in this article. Read on for more...
    • Health Benefits Of Water - Blue Solar Water Made In Glass Bottles
      Water is the essence of life. Did you know that this very water can be energized and made into blue solar water having all the healing properties of the sun? To learn how you can benefit from one of the many alternate therapies, read on...
    The link
    How To Make Gold Water, Silver Water And Copper Water - Metal Charged Water And Its Benefits In Maintaining Health

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-11-2013 @ 03:43 AM
    ^Next you'll be flogging homeopathy.

Last Online
    22-04-2017 @ 12:30 PM
    At one point there was a water softener in my basement, but for an unknown reason it was taken out. I am on a well and septic; water is fairly hard, measured at 250 ppm (15(gpg).

I would like to add a water softener again, but the choices and info at local stores such as Lowes, Menards, Sears, etc leaves something to be desired.

The house has a kitchen and three bathrooms, but at present only me living in it. Gas water heater. No dishwashers or whirlpools, though I do shower daily, sometimes more in summer.

Any comments from knowledgeable people about brands known for quality, features or other issues to look for are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Bella

Last Online
    @
    Where do you live, Bella?

Last Online
    @
    Wherever it is she's evidently very keen to get an answer.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...ly+appreciated!

Last Online
    @
    ^

Well, Bella, formerly known as vince, has a great deal of patience. He/she may have to wait another 6 years to get a definitive answer.

Thread Information