Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Because as long as there have been kids there have been issues with kids and the problem with nostalgia is that it's almost always selective and always retrospective.
    Funny that.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Yet another thread turned into an Ant one, what a bore.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-01-2022 @ 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi
    Everything I write about I have seen personally ,have you seen the Work house or is just something you have just read in history books?
    Being that they were abolished around 1940ish the latter.

Not sure what your point is though?
    The point is quite simple ,I have personally seen the steady deterioration of standards of behavior in Children in the last 3 decades ,you can only lament about something you have never ever seen , juvenile crime is now in record proportions along with expelling.s from schools, I along with many others know what the cause is , lack of discipline both in the home and at school, of course if you think my statement is some how not correct by all means say your reason for it , Violent youth crime up a third - Telegraph the grim figures which spells it out quite starkly are there for you to completely ignore
    Totaly agree, also with Terry and Ozz.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by xanax
    Yet another thread turned into an Ant one, what a bore.
    All my stalkers seem to share the common trait of being irony deficient.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    How many stalkers have you got Ant boy? in your imagination.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    I putti down to opportunity, in the last few generations arose the opportunity, like never before, to be an unemployed chav and survive. In the old days, if you didn't work you starved, work and its rewards are great teachers where school has failed. Lots of blokes who were the undesirables in school went out, got trades and thrived.
    Now we are seeing, whether through social structures like the dole, or via a general rise in living standards, the results of chavs raised by chavs in a world of widening income gaps and flooded with desirable gadgets.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    09-01-2017 @ 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by piwanoi
    So you do not disagree that Juvenile crime and school expellings is rising at a rapid rate
    I really wish you'd stop trying to put words in my mouth. It's a waste of your time and mine.

I've already stated what I believe, inter alia: that corporal punishment in schools is not a necessary component of learning 'respect and discipline' for children.
    I am not putting words in your mouth one bit , but just asking a simple question which so far you appear to avoid like the plague to answer, , juvenile crime is increasing at a frightening rate along with with School expelling of which you do not deny , I say quite plainly that its down to lack of discipline and parental control,plus the lack of discipline in the schools which is the sole cause of it, all I want is your opinion as to just why this irrefutable fact is with us today ,were it would appear the only answer is that to "calm them down" they have to administer mind bending drugs which I may add was totally unknown when I was a young kid ., just what you personally recommend ,more mind bending drugs?
    Last edited by piwanoi; 06-03-2013 at 08:14 PM.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    The question is quite simple ANT just how would you combat this modern day blight that is infecting our society ,my cure would be just the same as I and many others had to go through of the short sharp shock treatment to bring us to our senses ,which actually worked unless you believe that statistics are a load of bolloxs, just what would you recommend ?Forty primary school pupils expelled for violence every day - Telegraph Why not try and force yourself to read it

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-11-2020 @ 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Buksida View Post
    For all those that support adults beating kids with sticks, how do you feel about corporal punishment for adults?

The kid didn't do his homework, how about if your boss laid into you for turning up late of stuffing up a job? What about whipping for criminals?

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, bunch of gutless bullies.
    You don't have a clue about anything in ANY Thai NON international school here in Thailand, most of the the students know by 4th or 5th grade that they will ALWAYS PASS and it doesn't matter if they know the subject or not.

Hells Bells, they know that they don't even have to pass the THAI PORTION of their test.

NO RESPECT, most of these kids in school don't even respect Monks when they come into the classroom, how the hell is any regular Thai teacher or god forbid a falang teacher trying to get these kids to do any kind of REAL study.
    Eliminator
    1986 Kawasaki 900

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator
    how the hell is any regular Thai teacher or god forbid a falang teacher trying to get these kids to do any kind of REAL study.
    Convert.

Last Online
    26-06-2019 @ 02:44 AM
    I haven't read any solutions to the problem of today's disrespectful, undisciplined, out of control children--and I use that term loosely, since some of them behave like animals, from any of the posters that are against this kind of punishment. I'm open minded and and if you have some solutions let's hear them. It seems to me that the way society has been going with the new, "Let children do whatever they want, nobody's a winner/loser; you're perfect and the best in the world at everything, and you never do anything wrong" attitude, things are getting worse with teens now days. What's the answer if a well placed swat--or several, isn't? And don't say, talk to him about it, I'm sure she mentioned numerous times before this what she expected of him. Plus to the poster that says this action causes psychological harm to him and the other students, I see it as a positive thing as it sends a message/deterrent to the himself and the other students as to how not to behave in the future.
    Last edited by Sampattaya; 06-03-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    In the short of it, agressive physical violent acts will never be an answer.
    Those whom believe so, should check themselves again.

Perpetuates itself.
    Accepted generation after generation.
    Barbarians.

Last Online
    26-06-2019 @ 02:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    In the short of it, agressive physical violent acts will never be an answer.
    Those whom believe so, should check themselves again.

Perpetuates itself.
    Accepted generation after generation.
    Barbarians.
    So what's the solution(?)....and she didn't look that aggressive to me. I guess it's all perception; I see it as discipline, some posters see it as an aggressive physically violent act.
    And I have checked myself, and I've always been a respectful, friendly, non-aggressive, adult with no history of any kind of violent behavior.......and I got a lot worse beatings--for good reason, than this Thai kid.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
    For all those that support adults beating kids with sticks, how do you feel about corporal punishment for adults?

The kid didn't do his homework, how about if your boss laid into you for turning up late of stuffing up a job? What about whipping for criminals?

You don't have a clue about anything in ANY Thai NON international school here in Thailand, most of the the students know by 4th or 5th grade that they will ALWAYS PASS and it doesn't matter if they know the subject or not.

Hells Bells, they know that they don't even have to pass the THAI PORTION of their test.

NO RESPECT, most of these kids in school don't even respect Monks when they come into the classroom, how the hell is any regular Thai teacher or god forbid a falang teacher trying to get these kids to do any kind of REAL study.
    Even the teachers are fiddling their entrance exams , I am informed that the pass rate for students at some schools is 100% which we all know is laughable ,no wonder the kids do not bother to study and are disruptive in class ,the whole education "system" here in Thailand is a sick joke , when you are prepared to "cough up" the sky is the limit , that goes for students and teachers alike Deputy Minister suspects papers were leaked - The Nation this sort of thing has been going on for donkeys years I am informed by a good friend of mine's Thai teachers wife!.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    25-01-2022 @ 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampattaya View Post
    I haven't read any solutions to the problem of today's disrespectful, undisciplined, out of control children--and I use that term loosely, since some of them behave like animals, from any of the posters that are against this kind of punishment. I'm open minded and and if you have some solutions let's hear them. It seems to me that the way society has been going with the new, "Let children do whatever they want, nobody's a winner/loser; you're perfect and the best in the world at everything, and you never do anything wrong" attitude, things are getting worse with teens now days. What's the answer if a well placed swat--or several, isn't? And don't say, talk to him about it, I'm sure she mentioned numerous times before this what she expected of him. Plus to the poster that says this action causes psychological harm to him and the other students, I see it as a positive thing as it sends a message/deterrent to the himself and the other students as to how not to behave in the future.
    Well said, couldnt agree more.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzbie47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampattaya View Post
    Well said, couldnt agree more.
    Yeah Mozzie no doubt about it, Sampattaya is a breath of fresh air to us right thinking people!

Last Online
    02-04-2013 @ 06:58 PM
    Here's a new link to the clip for this. There are others on youtube that can be put up if this one gets pulled by Uncle Somchai.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    Just a sign of the times we live in I suppose , but nowt like this occurred when I was a kid in School , I wonder why its so prevalent these days? Violent school pupils attack 900 London teachers a year - Education - News - London Evening Standard

Last Online
    26-11-2019 @ 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Imminent View Post
    Here's a new link to the clip for this. There are others on youtube that can be put up if this one gets pulled by Uncle Somchai.

Some of these young punks have been allowed to run ferral most of their lives - Mum and Dad hand over the parenting to the grandparents who don't have to live with the consequences of their 'spoiling'!

My wife's newphew is well down this road! Given the lack of discipline at home, there isn't much option but pain.

Teaching in Japanese high schools I saw a young male teacher line up half a dozen boys and girls and had them kneeling on their palms on the concrete balcony outside the teachers' room. He paraded up and down berating them for half an hour. I'm pretty sure they won't forget that experience in a hurry - Try it yourself for 5 mins and you'll see what I mean

R.I.P
    Last Online

Corporal punishment for adults you say?, it would appear that its great success in Singapore as I have never ever read of second offenders! have you? http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3c9_1304013159
    Last edited by piwanoi; 07-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    It amazes me how many people on the thread think it's ok.

But it boils down to her not receiving adequate training and tools in the first place.
    That's where it's at.

Last Online
    09-04-2014 @ 06:02 PM
    Maybe she just likes giving boys bottom marks

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:24 PM

We're talking about children here. The sanction against adults is clear: dismissal. Recalcitrant children need discipline and corporal punishment introducing fear can work wonders. Ultimately, fear is the key and a lazy student will often buck their ideas up when pain enters the equation. Spare the rod spoil the child.
    I received many a beating and it didn't do me any harm.
    The youth today are self indulgent narcissistic pansies with absurd ideas about their worth which in most cases is scarcely more than a hill of beans.

A decent thrashing from time to time reminds some of their place in life which is at the bottom - a little bit of ritualised humiliation helps to reinforce that important lesson although crippling sarcasm and verbal abuse also are invaluable aids.

Last Online
    @
    I object strongly to violence because when it appears to do good as in teacher/pupil problems, the good is only very temporary; the evil it does is certainly psychologically permanent.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:24 PM
    Rubbish. Toughens one up and is character forming. If a bit of corporal fucks you then life is certainly going to be a challenge. Too many wimps these days are turning minor irritations into bloody melodramas. Fucking drama queens the lot of them.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information