Last Online
    05-03-2013 @ 04:19 AM

flights from bangkok to manchester

My niece is coming to England for 6 months.I have been looking for a flight for her in the UK but the flights seem to be a double the price I pay going to Bangkok from Manchester. Is this because I searching from the UK? The price from Manchester to Bangkok is £580 on the same day from Bangkok to manchester 54000 baht. This is very confusing can anyone help.

Last Online
    30-03-2013 @ 10:45 AM
    This is normal. For some unexplained reason flights from Thailand to the UK are more expensive than the other way round. Nothing can change that no matter how/where you buy the ticket.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    I have a friend does BKK to Manchester couple times a year. Believe on a mid east carrier (Qatar or Emerates). About £1000 round trip. One stop.

Last Online
    09-04-2014 @ 06:02 PM
    try farecompare.com for the best prices

Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 09:45 AM
    Don't know if thy fly to Manchester or not but quite a few (15+) years ago, EVA let you buy BKK to the UK flights at UK prices. Might be worth checking to see if they still do.

Also if your niece is Thai, check out East West, a travel agency based in Acton or somewhere like that. They (used to?) do deal for Thai nationals. They might be worth checking as well .... Google for their details.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    I'm going to Manchester on Sunday. I fly from Bangkok to Heathrow by Air India for B16,000. Then I'll get the Heathrow Express into London (20UKP) and first-class train to Manchester (50UKP, booked in advance). Flying to London and then taking the train instead of flying directly to Manchester adds about 5 hours to the journey time but saves a lot of money.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

euston has flown

Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    unfortunatly their is not a lot you can do about it. On one occasion it worked out cheaper for me to buy a single from bkk->uk and then a 12 month return uk->bkk->uk

sometimes air india and jet can be very cheap bkk->uk. But then these airlines are a bit crap, the security at the india transfers can be nightmarish and I would imagine if anything went wrong with the transfer you will be completely own your own. crap I put up with a year ago because they were 600 pounds cheaper than everyone else and for that money I am prepared to slum it for 20 hours and spend the money on something nice and less fleeting. Its worth noting that air india has new aircraft, whos interia they have not fucked up yet running between bombay, new deli and london.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    05-06-2013 @ 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    I'm going to Manchester on Sunday. I fly from Bangkok to Heathrow by Air India for B16,000. Then I'll get the Heathrow Express into London (20UKP) and first-class train to Manchester (50UKP, booked in advance). Flying to London and then taking the train instead of flying directly to Manchester adds about 5 hours to the journey time but saves a lot of money. __________________
    Not knocking you Bob, but I flew BKK - MAN return last December with Qatar for 40,000 Baht. Factor in your train fares & the return price would be similar.
    Difference being you fly on a far better airline & don't have to fuk around on 2 trains after a long haul flight.

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Finney64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b
    I'm going to Manchester on Sunday. I fly from Bangkok to Heathrow by Air India for B16,000. Then I'll get the Heathrow Express into London (20UKP) and first-class train to Manchester (50UKP, booked in advance). Flying to London and then taking the train instead of flying directly to Manchester adds about 5 hours to the journey time but saves a lot of money. __________________
    Not knocking you Bob, but I flew BKK - MAN return last December with Qatar for 40,000 Baht. Factor in your train fares & the return price would be similar.
    Difference being you fly on a far better airline & don't have to fuk around on 2 trains after a long haul flight.
    I'm going one way. Total is about 20,000THB. Next cheapest at the time of booking was 38,000THB, to Manchester it was about 54,000THB. Guess it all comes down to booking far in advance, which I didn't do.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    05-06-2013 @ 12:12 AM
    For sure advance booking are usually cheaper. I went on a weeks notice & got that price direct from their website. Supply & demand, I saw the same flight for next week for 33,000 baht, then when I checked 2 days later it was 45K.

euston has flown

Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    not leaving us drbob?

R.I.P.
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by hazz View Post
    not leaving us drbob?
    Yes, I am. Other than holidays I probably won't be coming back to Thailand until I retire, another 20 years or so.

Thread Information