Thread: Siam Legal

Last Online
    08-09-2018 @ 04:29 PM

Siam Legal

Has anyone used Siam legal for their immigration papers? They advertise 100% guarantee. 24/7 assistance in Thailand. Cost is appprox $800 USD for a marriage visa. As the good Doc has pointed out, the in-laws probably already have number 2 already picked out.

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    Mate there is no 100% guarantee from an agency ,, I so wish I could help you , as I know from your other post about your plight .

You can DIY with a bit of info off the net and save a fortune.

Siam legal aint cheap , they have a plush office in Times square and that reflects what you pay.

I used them some years ago for another matter ,, they cocked it up by missing a very important fact , it ended up costing me a lot of time and money for basically a mistake they should have spotted .

They could have re-imbursed me , they admitted that , but chose not to ,, so no I wont reccomend them
    I'm proud of my 38" waist , also proud I have never done drugs

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    If I am guessing correctly you possibly would be better to go back to your Country to get you first 1 year retirement visa , then re new it in Thaiand , surely that would be an option ,, sorry I dont know about applying in Thaialnd for your first one , not sure if you can change over visas like that , I dont think you can .

All the best mate hope things turn around for you soon

euston has flown

Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    As you have a thread about bringing stuff from the uk to Thailand, I assume you are talking about getting a Thai marriage visa for yourself.

If that is the case, just get in touch with the hull or Birmingham consulates and get a non imm type o visa, and apply for a 12 month extension when you get here. There's not much to it and well if this is what Siam legal what 800 dollars for well all I can say is the obviously have the greed and morals of Peter carter-ruck

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    ^ I missunderstood I thought he was from the USA,, if your from the UK mate then as Hazz says ,, retirement visa from Hull

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelandjan View Post
    ^ I missunderstood I thought he was from the USA,, if your from the UK mate then as Hazz says ,, retirement visa from Hull
    Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. I shall do as recommended and get the paperwork together without the help of Siam-legal. Lots of people figure it out, huh? And yes, I am from Texas.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Hardly much paperwork for a marriage visa.

Original marriage cert.
    Copy of ID's.
    Perhaps her Tabien Baan.
    Not much more.

For the 12 month extension in Thailand (which you will presumably want so not to have to do a border run every 90 days) you will need some basic financial statements.

Lord of Swine
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master Cool View Post
    Hardly much paperwork for a marriage visa.

Original marriage cert.
    Copy of ID's.
    Perhaps her Tabien Baan.
    Not much more.

For the 12 month extension in Thailand (which you will presumably want so not to have to do a border run every 90 days) you will need some basic financial statements.

You,also need the KorRor 2 from the amphur if married in LoS.
    Your passport and birth cert copies need to be notarized at your embassy then translated with red stamp at the Thai consulate in chaeng wattana.

It's a bit of running about mate, but not difficult.

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master Cool
    Original marriage cert.
    Copy of ID's.
    Perhaps her Tabien Baan.
    Not much more.
    I think if you read his other thread he has going I'm not sure if its that simple ,, I dont quite know how he stands now in his current situation , allthough he is technically married he is now a widower so mabe he is after a retirement visa .

euston has flown

Last Online
    I think he needs to be just a little more forthcoming about his circumstances and what he's after.

Last Online
    22-02-2018 @ 10:12 PM
    The concession of importing own houshold goods duty free does not apply to a retirement visa. You must have a work permit and you cannot have this on the retirement visa or extension.

euston has flown

Last Online
    But I do believe there is a thai returning to Thailand concession, which his wife might be able to use. I believe someone got 'found out' hiring returning students to bring in very expensive sports cars at a discounted import tax rate.

Last Online
    Bottom line, in-laws want me to move there, which was the plan all along. Sam, God rest her soul, is Thai. Am a few years younger than a retirement visa allows. Didn't matter when Sam was alive. No one can plan life though.

Have the money to move there. Not a problem.

As the good Doc said, in-laws are match making. Not into pre-arranged things as such but, that seems to be the way it goes there. Hence the inquiry into a marriage visa.

However, if being a widower counts for anything, that could change the whole equation as well. And, is the impetuous behind my inquiries. Just not sure how, if at all, that figures in.

Once again, thanks for the advice, gentlemen.

euston has flown

Last Online
    I don't believe that being a widower will count as you say.

By the sounds of it your options are

• education visa to learn thai,
    • back to back tourist visa's
    • a job teaching english at the local school.... for the most part a degree is required for this
    • get your in-laws to take you to court for damaging their furniture; spin out the case until the retirement visa cuts in.

The last one is mentioned in jest. but people have managed to stay in thailand for years because of these court cases.... often not wanting too. The down side is that you would need permission from the court to take a trip out of thailand. but if thats not a problem this could be one of the most effective ways to circumvent thai immigration rules around..... and there's not much short of a major overhaul of their justice system that they can do to close it.

ความสุขในอีสาน
    Last Online
    @
    As you have mentioned your age scenario mate ,, mabe just mabe you will like to take a breather for a little while , you have time on your side

Last Online
    Remember if you come here you will have to return to Australia and stay there for two years after getting the aged penion to keep it when you come here.

Ocean Transient
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrry View Post
    Remember if you come here you will have to return to Australia and stay there for two years after getting the aged penion to keep it when you come here.
    Op said he was from Texas? You a Gunners fan or somart?

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrry View Post
    Op said he was from Texas? You a Gunners fan or somart?
    Just have to put it down to a senior's moment.

And yes I am always gunna do something.

Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sranchito View Post
    Has anyone used Siam legal for their immigration papers? They advertise 100% guarantee. 24/7 assistance in Thailand. Cost is appprox $800 USD for a marriage visa. As the good Doc has pointed out, the in-laws probably already have number 2 already picked out.
    Using their service is a complete wast of your money.I used them for a visa and sponsorship all they did was send me the forms to fill out and than most of the time i had to take them in myself.On top of that they were vary slow and vary unorganized they filled for my visa witch i was denied for . after this they told me they will filled for my sponsorship and the sponsorship will have better chance getting my temporary visa . well they could have started my sponsorship application way before at the same time.8 month later i am no closer, all in all its a wast of time with them.

ps when i talked to them on the phone they gave me the response they are slow because they have so many application they have to do.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Three year old thread......

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Three year old thread......
    Yet, the firm is still practicing and seemingly stronger than ever.

So - maybe still relevant after a three year bump of this thread.

Last Online
    07-05-2016 @ 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sranchito View Post
    Using their service is a complete wast of your money.I used them for a visa and sponsorship all they did was send me the forms to fill out and than most of the time i had to take them in myself.On top of that they were vary slow and vary unorganized they filled for my visa witch i was denied for . after this they told me they will filled for my sponsorship and the sponsorship will have better chance getting my temporary visa . well they could have started my sponsorship application way before at the same time.8 month later i am no closer, all in all its a wast of time with them.

ps when i talked to them on the phone they gave me the response they are slow because they have so many application they have to do.
    Dont waste your money with this company.

Thread Information