Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Last Online
    13-10-2015 @ 05:32 AM
    The OP's analogy works, kind of though.

Can the US govt buy back the guns? No.

Do they have a legal framework to run the issue federally? For another month or so, a small window maybe. But not really.

Is there the political capital/will to expend on seeing the issue through? No.

Are there going to be more tragic incidences in the states? Yes.

Is the best thing for the NRA to do is be quite? Yes.

Will they? Gradually as something else will pop up and divert media calls away from them.

And then? .....First term for a republican

And? And what?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Hitler,Hitler,Hitler it never stops. This deceased last century statesman has had more publicity,books documentaries written and broadcast about him than Jesus or Allah. God,it just goes on and on. I like history,and Hitler and related subjects are on non stop. His woman, his pets,his books,his movies,his speeches,his shoe size,his toothpaste,his cars,his dandruff,his daggs,his mother,his virgin birth,his coffee,his fezz,his turban. How much mythological crap can be produced about one person.

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    so Hitler was alright then?

he did build some really good roads and made a spiffing car

he probably was alright until he was told joose were bad people, and took it to heart
    Sure looks that way.

Too bad 'bout them Joooos tho but don't tell HM that...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    His woman, his pets,his books,his movies,his speeches,his shoe size,his toothpaste,his cars,his dandruff,his daggs,his mother,his virgin birth,his coffee,his fezz,his turban. How much mythological crap can be produced about one person.
    mythological toothpaste

sounds good, does it contain fluoride?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Hitler was not a vegetarian, another myth. One of his doctors recommended such a diet but he never took it up and stuffed down sausages and game pie.

Ocean Transient
    Last Online
    06-05-2017 @ 02:55 PM
    Untied from dock. Heading South Down West Coast of Canada.
    Nice one Mid! But it does not address why all teachers should now be armed! Or why Armed guards should be in every Kindergarten. Hitler would probably arm the Kindergarten students as well. May be I should write the NRA. Na stupid idea, no one their could comprehend common sense.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    claymores in classrooms please

Last Online
    19-08-2018 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChookRaffle Jones View Post
    Mid, you are a dickead
    Why's he a dickhead?

the photo
    here is one of the most vile and evil people in the history of mankind in all his glory,
    giving us his famous salute. Why glorify the bastard.
    and who gives a flying fuck what the nazi laws were regrading gun control.
    Uncle sam's constitution including the second amendment works.
    the mentality of freedom the constitution forges in its people defeated fascism,
    communism and now radical islam.
    It may not be perfect but it works.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    23-08-2021 @ 06:47 PM
    It's all making sense now Mid has come out of his Nazi closet.

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Hitler,Hitler,Hitler it never stops. This deceased last century statesman has had more publicity,books documentaries written and broadcast about him than Jesus or Allah. God,it just goes on and on. I like history,and Hitler and related subjects are on non stop. His woman, his pets,his books,his movies,his speeches,his shoe size,his toothpaste,his cars,his dandruff,his daggs,his mother,his virgin birth,his coffee,his fezz,his turban. How much mythological crap can be produced about one person.
    The definitive created boogieman and reference to all evil.
    And keeps being repeated....kin to most historical/present day historical perspective and stimulation.

Last Online
    19-08-2018 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChookRaffle Jones View Post
    Mid, you are a dickead

This would translate:

I don't agree with your political/social philsophies and am intolerant of any alternatives that might lossen up my narrow world view.....

Naturally, this would qualify Mid as a dickhead.

There are numerous dickheads and cnuts without independent thought mingling through the halls at TD.
    You might direct your charming accelades towards truer suspects.

As, Mid is the much lesser of any such dickheads here.
    'lossen up my narrow world view.....'
    Narrow world view eih

Definition of dickhead: insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous
    Mid posts a photo of a defient looking Hitler at the beginning of this thread.
    I stand by what i said. I calls them as I see them.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    I appreciate your fatique, feeling the same about the Holocaust. Note however that all that trivia about Hitler is intented, planted to keep the facts of who was responsible for WW2, and what the agendas were of the parties involved under the rug. Ask yourself, why did Britain declare war on Germany over Poland, but not on Stalin who occupied it from the East?

Watch this if you can spare 1 1/2 hours

and you will be confronted with a lot of facts you have never seen before.

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
    I appreciate your fatique, feeling the same about the Holocaust. Note however that all that trivia about Hitler is intented, planted to keep the facts of who was responsible for WW2, and what the agendas were of the parties involved under the rug. Ask yourself, why did Britain declare war on Germany over Poland, but not on Stalin who occupied it from the East?

Watch this if you can spare 1 1/2 hours

and you will be confronted with a lot of facts you have never seen before.
    One might even go as far as to investigate and research whom the vested parties were that funded the growing Nazi machine.....it wasn't German and ain't pretty.

My kind of town
    Last Online
    @
    I guess wiki could be wrong.......

The 1938 German Weapons Act

The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." Under the new law:
    • Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Writes Prof. Bernard Harcourt of the University of Chicago, "The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as well as ammunition."[4]
    • The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[5]
    • The age at which persons could own guns was lowered from 20 to 18.[5]
    • The firearms carry permit was valid for three years instead of one year.[5]
    • Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.[6]
    Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, passed Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.[7]

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Thanks Rainfall. Haven't watched it yet,will do. Got Me thinking,I am brainwashed that Britain declared war on Germany over a Polish treaty. But hold on,nobody mentioned the invasion of Poland by USSR. Britain sent war supplies to Russia.
    Yep I have Hitler fatique. Hitler is always bad,always bad,he has been used,overused as something worse than the Koran work of fiction,Satan the Devil.
    What got Me thinking was a documentry"Hitlers Rockets" He was no scientist,he probably in his life never even lit a fireworks rocket. But here he invented and built V2 rockets. Fuck me he was a man of many talents.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    This book really opened my eyes about what was actually going on in Europe from '33-'45 (caveat- if you are already leaning toward a dim view of humanity, this may seal it for you): Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Timothy Snyder put the death toll at 14 million victims of both Stalin and Hitler. Snyder pointed out that this is not a complete reckoning of all the death that Soviet and German power brought to the region. The victims were killed only as result of deliberate policies of mass murder such as executions, deliberate famine and in death camps. Snyder does not include deaths in concentration camps,deportations,forced labor, evacuations, people who died of hunger as a result of wartime shortfalls and civilians killed by bombings or other acts of war. The geographic area covered by the Bloodlands is limited to Poland,Ukraine,Belarus, the Baltic states and western Russian regions occupied by Germany. Regarding the figures, Snyder noted, again, my reckoning is on the conservative side.[11]
    Timothy Snyder provided a summary of the 14 million victims.[12]
    3.3 million victims of the Soviet Famines- Snyder uses the description the Soviet Famines in which the victims were mostly Ukrainians,he does not use term Holodomor. According to Snyder Stalin wanted to exterminate by famine those Ukrainians and ethnic Poles who resisted Collectivization in the Soviet Union.
    300,000 victims in the national terror in the Soviet Union from 1937-1938- Snyder uses the term national terror which targeted mostly Poles and Ukrainians killed because of their ethnic origins. (figure does not include and additional 400,000 Great Purge deaths outside of the Bloodlands) According to Snyder Stalin considered ethnic Poles in the western USSR as a potential agents of the Second Polish Republic; Ukrainian kulaks who survived the famine of 1933 were also considered hostile to the Soviet regime in a future conflict.
    200,000 Polish civilians were killed between 1939 and 1941 in occupied Poland, with each regime responsible for about half of those deaths [13] Most of the victims were the intellectual and political elite of Poland. According to Snyder both Stalin and Hitler wanted to eliminate the leadership of the Polish nation.
    4.2 million victims of the German Hunger Plan in the Soviet Union, largely Russians, Belarusians and Ukrainians including 3.1 million Soviet Pows and 1.0 million civilian deaths in the Siege of Leningrad. Snyder does not include famine deaths outside of the Soviet Union.[14] According to Snyder Hitler eventually intended to exterminate up to 45 million Poles, Ukrainians, Belarusians and Czechs by planned famine as part of Generalplan Ost.[15]
    5.4 million Jewish victims in the Holocaust.(does not include an additional 300,000 deaths outside of the Bloodlands)
    700,000 civilians, mostly Belarusians and Poles shot from 1941-1945 by the Germans in Belarus during partisan warfare and during the Warsaw Uprising of 1944.
    “You can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her think.” Dorothy Parker

Last Online
    Adolf Hitler: “The Most Foolish Mistake We Could Make Would Be to Allow the Subject Races to Possess Arms”

Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942:
    The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.”
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Adolf Hitler: “The Most Foolish Mistake We Could Make Would Be to Allow the Subject Races to Possess Arms”
    Yes BM. Do you have selective comprehension or something.
    The SUBJECT races. That is the conquered peoples.
    Like allowing the french to posses arms once they'd been conquered.
    Stands to reason.
    Do you consider the right wing gun holders to be a 'subject race'?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Adolf Hitler, dinner talk on April 11, 1942: “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order throughout the occupied Russian territories, and a system of military strong-points must be evolved to cover the entire occupied country.”
    Personal ownership of firearms was not restricted for citizens (it was however restricted for registered aliens, i.e. Jews). For citizens, it was encouraged, so much so that Axis partisans typically used standard home-weapons, hunting rifles and shotguns, during the waning days of WWII.

Talk:Adolf Hitler's political views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    Do you consider the right wing gun holders to be a 'subject race'?
    I don't but the Obummer does...

Last Online
    @
    ^ Many democrats have guns as well you know...it's not a right wing v left wing debate. It's a clueless mouth piece of the arms industry V people with a fully functioning brain debate.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-08-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    700,000 civilians, mostly Belarusians and Poles shot from 1941-1945 by the Germans in Belarus during partisan warfare and during the Warsaw Uprising of 1944.
    That is the accepted penalty for people violating the Hague and Geneva conventions, which governed the combatants entitled to warfare. Partisans were and are not. The Soviet Union never ratified the conventions, it's population was maybe not even aware of their existence. Stalin invaded during the early years of WW2 Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finnland, and Romania, and prepared to invade Germany. The preventive attack by the Germans met 6 million Soviet troops and 24,000 tanks near their Western border, and the defensive facilities removed.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    I don't know why people complain about people in prison having it so cushy these days. I was watching a documentary on the Nuremburg trials. All those Nazis on trial for such heinous crimes and genocide were allowed to listen to their iPods,sitting there with their headphones on,completely oblivious to the severity of the charges against them.Alright it was years ago so maybe they where Walkmans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information