View Single Post
Old 30-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
benlovesnuk
Thailand Expat

benlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailand
Send a message via MSN to benlovesnuk Send a message via Skype™ to benlovesnuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
FIL's design is pretty nice. Haven't seen any local builds with a three level porch system. what I don't care for are the bannister free steps.

I'm tearing down a Thai build in about three months and will sell off the wood and fixtures. Thai builds lack modern conveniences as well are windy during cold months. Also dirty all year long due to poor construction methods.

I find them to be unhealthy places to live.
Three level builds are quite traditional in north Issan, unfortunatley many Thai people with your sentiment exchange them for the quite ugly concrete buildings that seem to be replacing wood homes throughout the country for the last 40 years and more.

Thai builds are what you make of them, my house is a traditional build and yet has networking, inbuilt speakers, ensuites, walkin wardrobes and is more pleasent and easy on the eyes and heart then concrete.

From my experience wood houses are the pinnacle of construction methods for the tropics and craft of construction of great interest and awe with concrete being the oppposite. But Im sure that when we both generalise we are both wrong as there are also some Amazing concrete and modern constructions in Thailand. They are not to my taste in this specific project however.

Page generated in 0.08905 seconds with 19 queries