View Single Post
Old 30-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
benlovesnuk
Thailand Expat

benlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailand
Send a message via MSN to benlovesnuk Send a message via Skype™ to benlovesnuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necron99 View Post
What did the barn cost you Ben?
Do you have a breakdown of what you're getting out of it?
Ok, Well price is an interesting point. Im sure someone willa dvise me I spent too much and could have got it cheaper in a place that I dont live.
However I always like to know prices so this is a breakdown of costs that have been paid or are expected.

Ricebarn 100 years old - 10 posts, Teak wood. (6.5m w x 7.5 L) 125,000 badt

This was going through a middleman but we could not have found any ricebarns and I know that the posts if bought from a wood yard would have been 50-70,000 because this wood is not commonly found anymore.

This covered dismantling and moving to our site.

We esitmate the build to be about 250,000 badt to cover the labour and extra purchases including windows and wood for stairs and sala and terrace being added.

We already have water from the main house but a pump and tank are needed and these will be extra costs. We do however already have the septic tank.

so to summarise ricebarn 125,000
build 250,000
contingency 45,000
Sorry I cant be specific because Im awaiting an actual estimate from builders but this is what I have worked it out as. This is from previous experience.

Page generated in 0.11092 seconds with 19 queries