View Single Post
Old 30-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
benlovesnuk
Thailand Expat

benlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailandbenlovesnuk is a glorious beacon of light in Thailand
Send a message via MSN to benlovesnuk Send a message via Skype™ to benlovesnuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
^ just like back home, boyo!

That looks a very large rice barn, Ben, nice too

I am sure you are not going to just erect it as it was before once moved, pointless unless it is architecturally special

Are you sure it is a rice barn as there seem to be lots of access for rats!

lots of excellent wood and posts
Hi Dr. A

It was a rice barn, it was very old and so had now been converted to a place for odds and ends by the family. It is in part of Chiangmai where there are a lot of ricebarns, if not the last area around. but I dont think they used it for storage of rice, they are not farmers anymore.

It does however fall under the category of rice barn, because storage barn doesnt sound as good.

I dont get what you mean, it will be architecturally special because in about 20 years you wont see any left. We are keeping the main rice barns size but changing it to a living quarters for lodgers. It will be extended with a terrace and outside sala. To me it seems a bit strange to take something that is well fit together(like a wood building) and change the shape. We as a family like traditional wood buildings, and they for us are what will make this building project special.

You are right about very nice posts, everyone of the builders were eyeing them up the whole time it was being dismantled.

Page generated in 0.09738 seconds with 19 queries