Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM

Pharmaceutical Companies

I have recently had a small run in with one of the major drug companies

no details here!

What do you think of these major companies?

Do they do good work and help people who are sick?

or are they just a bunch of money grabbing cold hearted exploiters?

Is all their research targetted to making money, as their shareholders demand?

or do they do good work and receive little compensation for many of their discoveries?
    I have reported your post

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    There is no doubt some of their products work. But let's face it, a healthy population isn't profitable and that's all I'll say before being called a conspiracy nut. My brother used to work for a large company that sounds like an 80s Vauxhall hatchback, and my best mates wife travels the world selling this stuff for another company. What my bro told me does blend in with the shit you hear about Big Pharma. And when doctors are paid bonuses to dish out pills and injections willy-nilly, it's not surprising we have so many people dependent of these corporations, funding their greed and power!
    Last edited by Jesus Jones; 08-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    You bullied, you laughed, you lied, you lost!

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Opened a proverbial Pandora's box, Andy...

I am in Jail

Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 08:15 PM
    in the first place its a business entitites, run on considerations as revenue, profit and loss... thats ok...
    second, they have to do a lot of costly research for many years often, sometimes without having a success (a market product at the end), so some risk involved...
    if they have found something, they get patents on it - all fine, in light of the risk and money invested...

basically, pharma companies are what they are - business units - and so they operate...
    though, there comes imo some recklessness with this - e.g. the ADHD thing...
    i believe, they do all they can to cover up...
    they are not interested in finding out the true reasons, as its (depression, schizo, fibromalogy (or so), adhd, autism) their cash cows...

i have just read, that many pharma companies have shut down their labs on mental/psychological disorders - as they cant find real cures...

and same time a new science field emerged - to study...
    neuroparasitology...

its about parasites in humans, that alter everything....
    thinking, behaviour, life...
    when you look into the things a bit, you will find, that its already undeniable, that parasites are responsible for most of the psychological disorders... yes, i know, it sounds schizo
    also, what comes along with it, or maybe even comes FIRST, are plain simple disfunctions, as with pancreas, liver, intestines etc...

it was all in an article of the new york times... some days ago... (shutting down labs, neuroparasitology)
    interesting, isnt it?
    Last edited by alitongkat; 08-12-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alitongkat
    i have just read, that many pharma companies have shut down their labs on mental/psychological disorders - as they cant find real cures...
    or maybe finding any "cure" has become too difficult and therefore not profitable

the same has happened to a lot of research, shut down as the goal was not easily achievable (within some set budget etc)

a lot of disease control has been taken up by governments in the past, for example malaria, as it affected their armies efficiency

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    A lot of the genetic-modification companies seem years in front of any legislation and check / balances via legal systems.
    The depression industry also has programmed a lot of people into thinking that they need life-long medication for anything other than being in a good mood.
    Still, life expectancy is way up on 100 years ago, so hey! - Better living through chemistry, eh?

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    ^agreed, but not with the life expectancy. Depending on whose charts you follow, the US has dropped way down. Obesity doesn't help and education apparently, or lack of!

I am in Jail

Last Online
    pharma companies produce what the market screams for...

i believe, the real problem is the medical profession behind...

if you look, how THEY operate, then you will find a true and real horror show...

they see, that your thyroid isnt working properly...
    then they DONT find the cause of it, but just REGULATE it up/down with medication...

its the doctors, that are totally dumb...
    medical doctors are the most unintelligent people i have ever encountered in life...

the nyt article...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/sc...anted=all&_r=0

Last Online
    @
    Chemotherapy is the biggest insight into how these companies work. Chemo is largely a waste of time, but having thrown their financial hat into the Chemo ring all of them are very reticent to identify other methods to combat cancer. There are numerous examples of other potential treatments all waiting to go through clinical trials, usually for the want of a couple of million USD, but because these treatments are all virus based (basically like a common cold) they would be incredibly cheap, and therefore not the cash cow that Chemo it. So they fight them, buy and hide them, and all sorts of nastiness to protect their share holders.

They have some good stuff, but on the whole, they are scum.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    for aids, cancer, many parasites there ARE more natural treatments one can imagine... at least same effective as chemotherapy...

but as said in a different thread, its difficult to research this...
    and this is, because they are so unintelligent...
    herbs and (traditional) mixtures do a LOT of things, and when you read about their current knowledge of blood, cell proliferation etc, you will see that they dont have much clue... its unbelievable and shocking...

i wish i could go to (another) chemo therapy... as it helped me once THAT much... just only briefly - as nobody found the cause of all the mess...
    today i would know more... and be prepared...

Banned

Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    Do they do good work and help people who are sick? or are they just a bunch of money grabbing cold hearted exploiters?
    Answered your own question. No need to go any further.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    I do work for 3 major Pharma companies and they're all Satan's little helpers. So are the major 'food' producers.

Still, it pays for lao kao and somtam so I'm not going to get too cut up about it.

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    Do they do good work and help people who are sick? or are they just a bunch of money grabbing cold hearted exploiters?
    Answered your own question. No need to go any further.
    'Tis almost rhetorical in nature.
    Most comprehend what the gig is.

Last Online
    02-04-2013 @ 06:58 PM
    I think it's all bs mostly. You get something but very rarely solutions. It's the same across the board. Today's toothpaste is supposed to be better than last years and its the same story all the way back 60 years. The laundry detergent is supposed to make clothes even cleaner and whiter than it did last year and has for every year back to WW2. The washing machine we had when I was a kid lasted 10 years and so did the dryer these days they are supposed to be better but fall apart in 5 years or less. Every product seems to be this way and few really give you a better deal. All corporations are in the same game of not really solving problems and pushing lies to manipulate buyers.

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Imminent View Post
    I think it's all bs mostly. You get something but very rarely solutions. It's the same across the board. Today's toothpaste is supposed to be better than last years and its the same story all the way back 60 years. The laundry detergent is supposed to make clothes even cleaner and whiter than it did last year and has for every year back to WW2. The washing machine we had when I was a kid lasted 10 years and so did the dryer these days they are supposed to be better but fall apart in 5 years or less. Every product seems to be this way and few really give you a better deal. All corporations are in the same game of not really solving problems and pushing lies to manipulate buyers.
    The wise old Mahatma once suggested:

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world - live your protests daily"

Last Online
    13-09-2016 @ 07:18 AM
    Almost all of my medical problems over the last ten years have been a direct result of side effects from pharmaceuticals that I was prescribed to prevent heart problems (cholesterol, high blood pressure). Stopped taking the pills and now feel much healthier. During my annual physical, the doctors still try to pressure me into taking more pills. I firmly tell them where they can stick their poisons.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:15 AM
    Sometimes the question needs to be answered; as parasites feeding off the earth and it's other life forms until we kill the system that sustains us, do we deserve a better, fairer, more moral system than the dog-eat-dog-at-any-cost one we got?

I doubt we can create something that is so alien to our nature.

Banned

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFree View Post
    Sometimes the question needs to be answered; as parasites feeding off the earth and it's other life forms until we kill the system that sustains us, do we deserve a better, fairer, more moral system than the dog-eat-dog-at-any-cost one we got?

I doubt we can create something that is so alien to our nature.

Not to worry. 21 December

Last Online
    02-04-2013 @ 06:58 PM
    You don't have to wait for someone to make decisions for you. If you really want something, you do it yourself.

Banned
    Last Online
    31-08-2023 @ 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    I have recently had a small run in with one of the major drug companies

no details here!

What do you think of these major companies?

Do they do good work and help people who are sick?

or are they just a bunch of money grabbing cold hearted exploiters?

Is all their research targetted to making money, as their shareholders demand?

or do they do good work and receive little compensation for many of their discoveries?
    Capitalism works. You either believe it or you don't.

Pharmaceutical companies are stuck in the middle thanks to mostly communist healthcare systems in the western world. The state run healthcare agencies are inefficient and rife with corruption that leaks into this industry.

Case in point... The new communist system in the US.

Meet Liz Fowler: Architect of ObamaCare Jumps Ship To Johnson & Johnson

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 12/07/2012 - 18:00 Insurance Companies Medicare Obamacare Following the passage of ObamaCare, several of the smartest people I know claimed that the bill was actually written by and for the drug and insurance companies rather than “the people” as Obama had claimed. In recent days it has emerged that Liz Fowler, who is said to have been one of the key architects of ObamaCare, is doing what any good revolving door crony capitalist would do. She is moving to the private sector to receive her payoff. Revolving door on Wall Street. Check. Revolving door at the Pentagon. Check. Revolving door in Healthcare. Check mate. Welcome to America. Check your freedom at the door.

Banned
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alitongkat
    or maybe finding any "cure" has become too difficult and therefore not profitable

the same has happened to a lot of research, shut down as the goal was not easily achievable (within some set budget etc)

a lot of disease control has been taken up by governments in the past, for example malaria, as it affected their armies efficiency
    In other words, there is no CURE.

Banned
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by alitongkat View Post
    pharma companies produce what the market screams for...

i believe, the real problem is the medical profession behind...

if you look, how THEY operate, then you will find a true and real horror show...

they see, that your thyroid isnt working properly...
    then they DONT find the cause of it, but just REGULATE it up/down with medication...

its the doctors, that are totally dumb...
    medical doctors are the most unintelligent people i have ever encountered in life...

the nyt article...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/sc...anted=all&_r=0
    The whole industry is stuck in a communist rut. Western governments around the world run these publicly funded systems that distort the price mechanism and cause shortfalls and lineups and the usual corruption.

Look at the healthcare sectors that the government stays out of.The cost of laser eye surgery falls every year. Same for plastic surgery.

How many lineups do you see at the Vet ? None. Veterinary costs fall every year too.

These same companies make veterinary supplies. Why don't we hear the same noise from farmers or pet owners ?

Banned
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Chemotherapy is the biggest insight into how these companies work. Chemo is largely a waste of time, but having thrown their financial hat into the Chemo ring all of them are very reticent to identify other methods to combat cancer. There are numerous examples of other potential treatments all waiting to go through clinical trials, usually for the want of a couple of million USD, but because these treatments are all virus based (basically like a common cold) they would be incredibly cheap, and therefore not the cash cow that Chemo it. So they fight them, buy and hide them, and all sorts of nastiness to protect their share holders.

They have some good stuff, but on the whole, they are scum.
    Thats BS

The cheaper something is, the more people have access to it. More people = more volume= more sales.

Do you think cell phone companies are hiding cheaper parts because it is more profitable to have higher prices ?

There is obviously something wrong with the pharma industry and the first thing people do is blame capitalism when its the polar opposites fault.

Whopping Member
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    Health science and the profit motive are very uneasy bedfellows. If you wanna do good, do good. If you wanna get rich, sell shampoo or computers. If you wanna do both, I don't think you can.

Banned
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaaa View Post
    Health science and the profit motive are very uneasy bedfellows. If you wanna do good, do good. If you wanna get rich, sell shampoo or computers. If you wanna do both, I don't think you can.
    If you think capitalism is bad then you are a communist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information