Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ranger

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-05-2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo
    one of the reasons I got the Honda City was the high resale value. The Honda City is exactly the kind of cheap City car that comes under the umbrella of the 100k back 'idea'; so, I was not best pleased when I was offered far less than I expected when I thought about selling/trading-in my 18 month old vehicle - everyone offered exactly 100k less than I expected... Now, they were obviously trying it on, but the fact remains that a new 650k Honda City with 100k back is worth, to many, 550k, hence the resale value dropping overnight - why should somebody pay 550k (the prelegislation value) for an 18 month old car when they can buy a new one for that money... Thus, I was offered 450-470k.
    I scimmed through that and it came across as an annoying losiong hand of poker you gotta listen to

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:48 PM
    ^ mmm. It's just when I bought the car and factored in the costs, resale value, etc, I figured that I might change the car after 18 months to 2 years because the cars keep such a good resale value (you'd never consider such an option in the UK when so much value is lost over the first couple of years...). But, after the government scheme wacked 100k off my resale value it made my plan more expensive/less viable... Having said that, I'd still like to change it sooner or later...

Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    Why the sad face, its only gunna take 12 year to recoup the invested rather than 6
    Indeed. What happened to these 100mpg diesels???

Quote Originally Posted by 9999
    So can we put the 100K on pick-ups?
    I have heard some folks saying you can, but I thought it was engine limited (to 1.5?). It'd need to be the first car purchased in a Thais name, so Mrs Boo could do it too - I think the government pay you 100k at the end of the following tax year? Something like that, I don't know the exact details...

BTW, a Prius is fine for me and the missus to drive around Bangkok. The safety levels are very high compared to the other options, and with crash/death rates so high on Thai roads the safety features must be at or near the top of the list.

Having said that, no car here seems to be great value with excellent crash protection; this is part of the reason why the Ranger seems such a good buy at 800k or so. If only Ford could get the production sorted out; how many sales are they losing on a weekly basis - I'd suggest: many! When the new Toyota comes out then their window of opportunity will be gone, imo. Ford have done really well with their offering in Thailand over the last 2 to 3 years, it's a shame to damage that gain through production issues; they are not a premier brand that most folks will wait around for, so if a customer wants a Ford they should be able to order it there and then with deliivery within 6 weeks!
    Last edited by Bettyboo; 22-07-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    Cycling should be banned!!!

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
    So can we put the 100K on pick-ups? If so, I'm ordering one of those 2.2 orange WT's with a deposit and keep it on back order. That's what my Mrs. wants to do on a Mazda 2 'Elegance', as a second car coz she's too pissweak to drive the truck. Apparently you just need to put down a deposit / approve finance this year. I'd rather be a 1 car / 1 motosi family, keepin it green and all ya know.
    100k as in the rebate ?

Sorry to say the 2.2 Ranger only attracts a 65,000 rebate.

Last Online
    ^ that's better than a kick in the bollocks, but how many members want to put their truck in the wife's name?
    I wouldn't (unless she told me to...)

Have you got any cheese Thetyim's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    It's not on the list of eligible vehicles
    Has the list been updated ?

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetyim View Post
    It's not on the list of eligible vehicles
    Has the list been updated ?
    Fucks me, Am only relaying what the dealer told me I put down a deposit on mine.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    23-08-2021 @ 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
    BB just keeps making this thread gayer and gayer.

A friggin' Prius...
    Ya got that right, and the Prius put out an inordinate amount of smug!

Last Online
    ^ look at this:

ABS
    EBD
    VSC
    TRC
    Front airbags
    Side airbags
    Curtain shield airbags
    Driver's knees airbags
    Crash Body Safety GOA
    Rear Camera
    Head up dispaly
    Projector headlamps
    LED rear lamps

No other vehicle, for anything like the price, has this kind of extensive safety and safety related kit! Of course, you could buy a big heavy pick-up, but the breaks and traction systems are shite compared to a car (especially with all that extra weight), and you'd need to go for the Ranger 3.2D to get the maximum airbags.

The Prius for 1.1million is a good, safety conscious, buy if you live in or around Bkk. You may not like it, you may think it's ugly and gay, but with the limited options here it's a family car worth considering. If I had kids then it'd be near the top of my list. (Or I could just get a lovely Fortuner, with shite breaking and cornering ability and highly likely to roll over and kill everyone in the vehicle...)

Last Online
    06-03-2013 @ 01:13 AM
    but the breaks and traction systems
    with shite breaking and cornering ability
    Give us a BRAKE Betty

Last Online
    ^ Very punny...

ding ding ding
    Last Online
    @
    New Ford Everest?

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    So, has anyone received their 3.2 Ranger? Reason I ask is the wife and I visited 3 Ford dealers with interest on the new Focus but the price sheet on all has removed the 3.2 ranger from their listings.

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    ^

I'm still supposed to get my 3.2 Wildtrak in October- the dealer (who does business with my FIL and has no reason to lie to me) says he'll have it for me- we'll see- I know he's not taking any new orders- I'm giving him until Halloween.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
    HST

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe
    I'm giving him until Halloween.
    ..........and then...?

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE EXPAT View Post
    I'm giving him until Halloween.
    ..........and then...?
    I'll probably look at different trucks or maybe another SUV- did you think I was gonna go to the dealership and beat him up?

I had the wife call the dealer and confirm today- he said it's scheduled to be delivered on time- I will most certainly create a new thread about it if it shows up (or whine miserably on this thread if it doesn't).

Last Online
    06-08-2019 @ 05:23 AM

WT 3.2

My mother inlaw placed a order for the above in August. This was down south
    and she paid deposit and has been told delivery will be March 2013. The dealer
    told her that the problem is nearly all the WT are going to OZ!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    I spoke to the dealer in Udon today. He also reiterated that nearly all the 3.2s were going to Aus.

Banned

Last Online
    09-05-2021 @ 03:25 AM
    I'm still supposed to get my 3.2 Wildtrak in October- the dealer (who does business with my FIL and has no reason to lie to me) says he'll have it for me- we'll see- I know he's not taking any new orders- I'm giving him until Halloween.
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE EXPAT
    ..........and then...?
    did you think I was gonna go to the dealership and beat him up?
    I thought you were gonna dress up and trick or treat him.
    maybe set fire to a bag of shit on his door step and ring the bell and hide

Last Online
    18-04-2024 @ 09:45 AM
    Long delivery periods seem to be the norm.
    Ordered the New Camry Hybrid last April, told to expect delivery In October.

BMW is no better either. If you order 3 series (F30) today, expect it in Feb or March next year at best.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-04-2023 @ 02:34 PM
    I wanted to shag Jayne Mansfield when I was a little boy. I had a better chance of having her than people here have of getting a new Ranger. I have a better chance of laying Marilyn Monroe than anybody has of buying a Ranger which is of any use.

Pie in the sky, boys, pie in the sky !
    Why can't I make new posts?

Last Online
    I'll probably look at different trucks or maybe another SUV- did you think I was gonna go to the dealership and beat him up?
    That might be your best hope.

You can always get a Fortuner.......

By the way, where is he.....?

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    I'm not gonna give the name or location of the dealership- he's doing a favor for me (actually I'm hopefully going to benefit from a favor he's doing for my FIL- I've never met him or even been to his place)- obviously I wouldn't bet my life that the truck will show up, but I think I've got a very good chance, and- as I said- the dealer has no reason to try to deceive me in regard to being able to get me one, and he doesn't even have any of my money at this point- I do know that he does business with my FIL and wants to make him happy.

If it shows up I will let you guys know- I will also let you know if it doesn't.

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    ^Doesn't have any of your money. Guess he won't feel so bad when he tells you it ain't coming.

I think Ford have fecked up. I sure there are countless numbers that have given up waiting and opted for the next best thing.

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post
    ^Doesn't have any of your money. Guess he won't feel so bad when he tells you it ain't coming.

I think Ford have fecked up. I sure there are countless numbers that have given up waiting and opted for the next best thing.
    We'll see- I think my chances are pretty good knowing the situation (the fact that no money has changed hands actually means nothing- this is an agreement between business associates/friends, and there would be no deposit made regardless of the vehicle that was ordered- I'm on the sideline and content to let them handle it)- I can wait six weeks to see what happens.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Jones View Post

Yes Ford fecked up, they still marketed the new Ranger way back when when they knew they could not Deliver (Flood impact)

They are now playing catch up in AUS, Thailand takes second fiddle to production allocation.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223242526272830 ... LastLast

Thread Information