Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Last Online
    05-07-2014 @ 10:06 PM
    ^ I just started a thread for the newbie politicos. She's on it. Ya, guess it's the extreme right-wingers trashing her, huh?

Tuesday night after rising GOP star Mia Love brought down the house with her inspiring convention speech, the stomach-turning Left labeled the black conservative a “token” and an “Aunt Tom.”
    Meanwhile, revoltingly racist, woman-hating Wikipedia vandals were hard at work updating her entry with disgusting slurs like “House Nigger” and “dirty, worthless whore.” But it’s the Right that’s waging a war on women and minorities?

Twitchy | Who Said What

SICK

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    ^
    Yeah, check this out: Mia Love tops Google searches after ‘rousing’ speech at GOP convention.

NBC pretended it never happened. Methinks they be RACISTS or what?

Last Online
    ^ And she collected about $125K overnight for her campaign.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2024 @ 01:10 AM
    We'll she is a unusual specimen considering the LDS church's racist past. Now the right wants to enshrine her because she is black instead of for the mediocre speech she gave. They take great pride in black republicans who are unique only in how rare they are. Let's remember that in the latest poll Romney scored a big fat zero in his support from minorites.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Maugham View Post
    MSM cut away from them to show Isaac and commercials coz they all be minorities.

how's that tinfoil hat fitting these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Maugham
    Christie was fat.

You keep doing a libbie and rewriting my posts to fit your commie agenda, I'll report your sorry a**. Grow up, ray.
    settle down, precious.

you wrote his speech was 'fab', i changed it to 'fat' (which is true) and wrote FTFY underneath it...thus making it clear to everyone knows you didn't write it

Last Online
    The difference (there are many tho) between Romney/Ryan & the Obumblers is they will take responsibility. An excerpt of Ryan's speech:

“We have a plan for a stronger middle class, with the goal of generating 12 million new jobs over the next four years. …. “My Dad used to say to me: ‘Son. You have a choice: You can be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution.’ The present administration has made its choices. And Mitt Romney and I have made ours: Before the math and the momentum overwhelm us all, we are going to solve this nation’s economic problems. And I’m going to level with you: We don’t have that much time. But if we are serious, and smart, and we lead, we can do this."

The. Bro. Gotta. Go.

Difference between leadership and waffling, entitlement-pandering losers, eh?
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

Last Online
    @
    the right wing blogosphere is aflutter with the prospect that thursday night's 'mystery' speaker will be a hologram of reagan.

seriously.

btw, there was a hologram of tupac at this year's coachella, and apparently it was pretty amazing.

another possiblity for the 'mystery speaker' is clint eastwood.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2024 @ 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey
    thursday night's 'mystery' speaker will be a hologram of reagan.
    Sounds like they are getting help in their propaganda efforts from the North Koreans. Kim Il Reagan the dear leader.

Last Online
    @
    ^
    it might just be eastwood, but a reagan hologram would be fantastically illustrative of how the GOP is forced to looks backwards for inspiration.

btw, did anyone watch ryan's speech tonight? it was simply amazing to watch the guy tell lie after lie after lie. he should be referred to as paul lyin'

Fact check: Closer look at words spoken by Paul Ryan, others at Republican National Convention - NY Daily News

Last Online
    Loved Condi Rice's speech last night where she said America’s narrative has never been one ‘of grievance and entitlement.’”

The. Bro. Gotta. Go.

No shit. But where's my free stuff?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    According to the UK Guardian politicos, the convention, like the speeches, was flat.
    The only bright spot was supporters of Ron Paul leaving noisily in protest.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui
    this didn't get much play in the US media.

i was listening to an interview with some paul people today, and they're really pissed off about how the romney campaign has sidelined them....so much so that they're not going to vote for romney.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by chassamui View Post
    According to the UK Guardian politicos, the convention, like the speeches, was flat.
    Erm, The Guardian is as left-wing as it gets. Can't you listen/read the speeches all by yourself and make your own decisions?

It was a great night, IMO. Condi, Martinez, RYAN and even Pawlenty gave great speeches and McCain underscored the need for a strong military -- yep, peace thru strength, Bebe.

I loved Ryan: "Of the $862 billion stimulus, Ryan said, "That money wasn't just wasted. It was borrowed, spent, and wasted."
    and:
    "College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life."

Condi is just sheer brains and class. I know the left despise her because she is black, smart, female, and unlike some black folks, she grew up in Jim Crow land: Bull Connor's Birmingham, AL. Remember old Bull? He set fire hoses and dogs on black protestors during the Civil Rights era, among other outrages. Oh, and don't forget, he was a KKK member and a DEMOCRAT.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Maugham View Post
    "College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life."
    Looking at fading Obama posters?

Did they do a survey?

Ryan has been in Congress for 7 terms.

Where has he been? All of a sudden, he notes the issue of Youth unemployment?

Oh yes, it's a political convention.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Erm, The Guardian is as left-wing as it gets.
    Thers's no fooling you eh?

Can't you listen/read the speeches all by yourself and make your own decisions?
    I could but then I might carried away on a tide of empty rhetoric.

I prefer to look at the issue from every political aspect. For a more balanced view like.

Last Online
    "Now all that’s left is a presidency adrift, surviving on slogans that already seem tired, grasping at the moment that has already passed, like a ship trying to sail on yesterday’s wind.” -- Paul Ryan's speech at the RNC.

Don't sound too flat to me - just the simple truth.

Transcript of Paul Ryan's speech at the RNC | Fox News

I am in Jail

Last Online
    12-05-2022 @ 08:33 AM
    I watched the first 2 or 3 minutes of Ryan's speech. Perhaps he got better but he's an awful speaker. Half the time he looked like a confused teacher explaining long-division to a primary school class (though given the circumstances of the speech, perhaps that's not surprising).

Last Online
    ^
    If the majority of folks get their news from Lamstream Media e.g. NBC, CBS, ABC etc, it's no wonder that what you see is heavily biased. To wit:

ABC News Airs Less than Two Minutes of Condi's Speech

ABC cut into Rice's speech as she was speaking about how the United States cannot lead from behind on foreign policy. The RNC crowd roared after Rice delivered these lines. ABC showed the audience's reaction, then pulled the plug on their coverage.
    ABC cut abruptly to anchors Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos. The transition was not fluid. As Rice was still speaking, Sawyer and Stephanopoulos started a discussion with panelists George Will, Donna Brazile, and Matt Dowd about Paul Ryan's forthcoming speech.

Bias? What bias?

Last Online
    @
    well, eastwood is the 'mystery' speaker.

he's on right now, and i don't see how anyone could view his performance as anything but sad.

just what the GOP needed, a doddering old white guy on the stage.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    12-05-2022 @ 08:33 AM
    Poor effort. I watched the beginning of the speech (shown in its entirety) and then fast forwarded (very briefly) to the middle to see if it got any better. As far as I could see, it didn't.

Last Online
    @
    it was horrible.

he tried to go out an do something unscripted, and he looked like just another oldster wondering where he put his eyeglasses....when they're right on his face.

romney's up next....and i suppose he's lucky, because that's not a hard act to follow.

Last Online
    ^
    Heh...horrible to you is the truth, eh?

CLINT EASTWOOD: “We all know that Biden is the intellect of the Democratic Party.”
    Plus: “We own this country. . . . It’s not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours. . . . And when somebody does not do the job, you gotta let ‘em go.”

Indeed...

Fuck it
    Last Online
    @
    The city of angels, the great city, the eternal jewel city, the impregnable city of God Indra, etc..
    ^Yep, I'm watching on bbc news at the mo. I felt quite sorry for him as he looked frail but he made some decent points.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Ryan helps make up for Romney's utter lack of affability, but besides that his speech is just a continuation of the Romney campaigns main them- bare faced lying.

Lies, in fact, are an official campaign strategy-
    On Monday, Romney pollster Neil Newhouse, defending the campaign's blatantly false ads claiming President Obama removed work requirements from welfare, said, "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers."
    Paul Ryan Misleads With GM Plant Closure Tale

Sad, indeed.

Last Online
    @
    rubio is supposed to be introducing romney, but he's talking about religion...."faith in our Creator is the most important American value of all".

errrr....no, it's not.

not even close.

but i suppose this is what happens when you let religious zealots take over your party.

that sound you just heard was independents turning off their TVs

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information