R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Indian food at golden beach

Now this is a friends of mines place, but I wont let that sway my review of the place well not a lot.

It's called Nyhaven, and is just before you get to the beach at hat sai torng, The husband and wife team run this place, he is a Pakistani and she a Thai muslim, this was a party on Friday night for one of their childrens birthdays.

So of course it was all free, buffet and booze, not that I would let that sway my opinion of one of the best Indian restaurants in the whole of south east asia.

Now as you can see from this picture the place is a bit spartan on atmosphere, but hell we are here to eat and drink and get pissed out of our heads, not look at pictures on the walls etc.

Obviously with Thai organisation my galfriend had this weird idea that it started at 7pm as opposed to 6pm which the orgainiser had said, when we arrived at 7pm it was like pigs at the trough and leftovers for us, the Dutch contingtent were there in full force forcing food down there throats nearly aswell as Americans can do, obviously these guys and gals were nowhere near on par with Americans obese, but they were trying real hard, I believe it will be in our childrens life times that us normal folks will have the same problems of obesity as the septics do.

anyway here is a picture of one of the waitresses carrying the cake out to these wannabe yanks

The Sea Falcon Restaurant for International Food right on the Beach

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    And of course we cant forget the birthday boy being surrounded by wannabe baby eating yanks

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    And of course we should mention the food, obviously being the best Indian restaurant in the whole of Asia the food was to be as expected, unfortuneately I ate it all before I took the picture

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    And of course we cant forget the birthday boy being surrounded by wannabe baby eating yanks

DD nice one of you bending over the table after your touppe had slipped off

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Anyway last night it was back to the old curry shop at Golden Beach, They mainly do International food which was quite a suprise as I had never looked at their menu before, I just normally have whatever they suggest.

Thats the name of the place, no idea how to pronounce it though.

The owner thought I was a bit weird taking pictures of her food and I didn't bother trying to explain why.

Anyway we ordered the chicken masala, a veggie curry,3 papadoms, 1 nan bread, 1 rice, 2 cokes and 1 beer, all this for 400baht, can't get that sort of deal in Bradford can you

Ok, I admit that the popadoms were a bit greasy, but a dab with the old napkin soon sorted that out, and the old spicey mint sauce was pretty damn good aswell, also that's 2 times this week my son hasn't been able to have tom yam krung, soon get him weaned off of that addiction

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Well it was the young chappies birthday again last night, lamb curry and chicken curry was my choice of food, and it was all free

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    23-08-2021 @ 06:47 PM
    Looks downright civilized!
    Good reasonably priced indian food is hard to find in Thailand.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Wow has it been a whole year already. Hasn't he grown!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Congrats dad, good review, and good pix. I told you I love these threads.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Looks good and reasonably priced. Definitely one to check out.

Thread Information