Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM

Apple to return funds to owners for overcharging silly Gadgets

oops, I meant owners as shareholders, not gadget owners

isn't this beautiful, too much cash in the bank, about 100b so they decided to give the funds back to their shareholders instead of giving a discount to their silly crowd of gullible buyers

Apple to Pay 2.65 Dividend, Plans $10 Billion Buyback

Apple Makes Plans for Stockpiled Cash - WSJ.com

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    those muppets who pay those ridiculous prices for those apple accesories deserve to be fleeced.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    ^ actually you are raising a valid point, didn't think of it that way

Last Online
    03-02-2013 @ 04:42 PM
    But it feels so good to be able to afford overpriced gadgets. The dividend on top of the stock appreciation makes me feel giddy. I almost feel sorry for you bargain basement shoppers.

Tonguin for a beer
    Last Online
    25-09-2016 @ 09:58 PM
    I'd rather pay a premium for something I need that works perfectly for years looks and feels great to use than ty and do it on a cheap plastic inferior product that frustrates the hell out of people.

Have fun on your cut price product while you spend hours trying to figure out how to get it to do the most simple tasks.

It reminds me of people looking enviously at an Aston Martin while they drive a Ford and justify it by thinking "my car does everything that car does"......
    Fahn Cahn's

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    04-11-2019 @ 05:15 AM
    ^Wtf are you babbling on about?

Tonguin for a beer
    Last Online
    Are you stupid? Or is English not your first language?

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Equating price with quality and functionality is just plain dumb.

Tonguin for a beer
    Last Online
    Oh ok. I though things that were of a higher quality usually cost more....

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Bung View Post
    I'd rather pay a premium for something I need that works perfectly for years looks and feels great to use than ty and do it on a cheap plastic inferior product that frustrates the hell out of people.

Have fun on your cut price product while you spend hours trying to figure out how to get it to do the most simple tasks.

It reminds me of people looking enviously at an Aston Martin while they drive a Ford and justify it by thinking "my car does everything that car does"......

That post wasn't about quality, it was about brand/status.

That's a need that is better addressed than fed.

Last Online
    11-01-2014 @ 06:51 PM
    well i wouldnt invest in a company that has 100 billions in the bank and doesnt know what to do with it.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    apple gadgets have nothing to do with quality, only branding

actually in terms of specs, they are usually subpar, but in terms of packaging, they are at the top of the game

when you are dealing with simple creatures, all you need to do is wave some flashy thing to attract their attention, and that's what apple packaging does, it attracts them like mosquitoes on a light bulb.

No wonder Apple gadgets are so popular in Asian countries, it's all in the package. They are beautiful objects, I will give you that.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesch4ever View Post
    well i wouldnt invest in a company that has 100 billions in the bank and doesnt know what to do with it.
    that's actually a very good question,

this is indicating that they can't find any new companies to buyout or projects to finance in their search for innovation and they need to return money to investors

without the genius mind of Steve Jesus Jobs, it's going to be hard to find something new to attract the sheep to their Sheppard.

En route
    Last Online

Apple products need to be simple to operate otherwise the type of muppets that buy them wouldn't be able to use them.

En route
    Last Online
    They do.
    On the other hand, things that cost more aren't necessarily of a higher quality.
    Image and perceived status are also value added factors created by clever marketing, and even, as someone already mentioned, packaging designed to appeal to a demographic as motivated to buy by such factors (Image and perceived status) as they are practical concerns.
    Last edited by Cujo; 20-03-2012 at 08:13 AM.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    04-08-2012 @ 01:09 AM
    All apple products are quality, as for pricing, go look for a phone or tab with near the same spec, by Samsung for example, the price is near the same too, Galaxy s2 and galaxy tab ie

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwang
    go look for a phone or tab with near the same spec, by Samsung for example, the price is near the same too, Galaxy s2 and galaxy tab ie
    the specs on those non-Apple devices are for more superior than those Apple gadgets

but you do a raise a valid point about the pricing,

the difference and the premium on Apple is all about marketing and belonging to a brand. Nothing wrong with that, but let's call a spade a spade, nothing else. You are buying a stylish brand, not an electronic device. It's a fashion accessory.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo
    Image and perceived status are also value added factors created by clever marketing, and even, as someone already mentioned, packaging designed to appeal to a demographic as motivated to buy by such factors (Image and perceived status) as they are practical concerns.
    the only needs served by apple products are about status and the need to belong to a brand, period. It's not about email or portability. It could the be simplicity of use, but that's actually another marketing argument for the brand. The system is limited by default, so in terms of use, you are limiting yourself. Basically, you are buying status. Again nothing wrong with that, it's part of the herd mentality we are so familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Koojo
    Apple products need to be simple to operate otherwise the type of muppets that buy them wouldn't be able to use them.
    yes, a very good argument also.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-05-2018 @ 07:54 PM
    We've got to the stage now where tablets are as functional as small laptops / netbooks, so I'd argue they now have practical value as well as a trendy fashion accessory. They're supposed to be good learning tools for young kids and better than having them watch TV like a zombie.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by 9999
    They're supposed to be good learning tools for young kids
    this is highly debatable, mostly play games, so no different from before

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:54 PM
    I posted this news story before, but worth another airing.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    ^ hahahaha, I thought that was genuine for nearly 2 minutes,

spent 45 minutes typing an email

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    But it feels so good to be able to afford overpriced gadgets. The dividend on top of the stock appreciation makes me feel giddy. I almost feel sorry for you bargain basement shoppers.

You mean it feels good to be ripped off? Who was it who said "There's a sucker born every minute"?

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwang View Post
    All apple products are quality, as for pricing, go look for a phone or tab with near the same spec, by Samsung for example, the price is near the same too, Galaxy s2 and galaxy tab ie
    Yes, get a Samsung of similar spec and you get expandable storage, far more free apps, and much better value.

I downloaded a free app to show someone, and my friend with a nice iPhone 4S went to get it and had to pay 99 cents to download *exactly* the same app.

No wonder Apple are making fortunes.

Fortunately, she got pissed that night and left it in a taxi. I think I know what her next phone will be, once I'd had a chat with her and given her the facts.

The next post may be brought to you by my little bitch Spamdreth

I am in Jail

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    Yes, get a Samsung of similar spec and you get expandable storage, far more free apps, and much better value
    Have you heard of Jailbreak ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information