Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Time that climate alarmists fessed up

Time that climate alarmists fessed up

by: Andrew Bolt From: Herald Sun February 01, 2012

The data just doesn't support global warming, argues Andrew Bolt. Herald Sun

IT'S a bright new year, so let's see how the great global warming scare is panning out, shall we?

First, the planet hasn't actually warmed for a decade -- or even 15 years, according to new temperature data from Britain's Met Office.

Hmm. That's not what global warming scientists predicted.

Or look out of your window.

The rain that Climate Commissioner Tim Flannery said in 2007 "isn't actually going to fill our dams and river systems" any more has just flooded New South Wales and Queensland again.

The Bureau of Meteorology,which three years ago warned "we are just not going to have that sort of good rain again", now admits last year was our third-wettest on record.

The snowfalls that the University of East Anglia in 2000 said would soon become "a very rare and exciting event" are falling as hard as ever.

The monster hurricanes we were told to expect by Nobel Prize winner Al Gore are coming no more often.

The massive coral bleaching of the Great Barrier Reef, that warmist Prof Ove Hoegh-Guldberg predicted would occur every second year from 2010, hasn't hit in years.

Wherever you look it's the same wake-up-to-yourself story.

Sea levels have recently dipped, the oceans have lately cooled, Arctic ice has not retreated since 2007, polar bear numbers are increasing, global crop yields keep rising and now some solar scientists warn not of warming, but cooling.

So how do the warming activists respond to increasing evidence contradicting their theory that our carbon dioxide emissions are heating the world dangerously?

Simple. They close their eyes.

Take Prof Naomi Oreskes, the author of Merchants of Doubt who famously tried to prove that not one scientific paper dissented from the global warming "consensus".

Last week she complained people still "cling to the idea that it is reasonable to maintain an open mind", and insisted: "It isn't."

To have an academic demand a closed mind on global warming is a shock.

It shows she's talking not about science but a faith.

Yet her view is depressingly echoed by much of the media, which for years has whipped up the warming scare, refusing to report on scientists who queried it, and demonising the open-minded as "deniers".

They, too, believe a closed mind -- and closed ears -- is how to deal with inconvenient truths I've listed.

I once mentioned on the ABC TV's Insiders that the warming had paused, only to be heckled by one panellist while the other, The Sydney Morning Herald's David Marr, theatrically buried his head in a newspaper.

Not listening, la la la la la.

What has made the deliberate know-nothingness of such journalists so damaging is that in no other country has the media spruiked the warming creed so hysterically.

Warmist researchers from the Centre for Science and Technology Policy Research at the University of Colorado in Boulder have counted how often 50 papers around the world mentioned "global warming" or "climate change" and found that in every year from 2006 to 2011 our own beat the rest.

But see how some of the most obsessed outlets -- especially The Age and ABC -- resist reporting evidence that the late 20th century warming blamed on man's gases has halted, and few of the catastrophic consequences predicted have happened.

Man's gases do affect the climate is some small way, but not necessarily for the worst and certainly not by as much as natural influences -- some of which may have us heading for cooling.

Henrik Svensmark, director of the Centre for Sun-Climate Research at Denmark's National Space Institute, investigates the effects of the sun and cosmic rays on our climate, and last week said a recent cut in the sun's output could soon reverse any man-made warming: "World temperatures may end up a lot cooler than now for 50 years or more."

Who knows if he's right?

Keep an open mind on this and on man-made warming.

Time that climate alarmists fessed up | Herald Sun
    Last edited by kingwilly; 04-02-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Wilson
    Arctic ice has not retreated since 2007
    Checked this one

Not true

Record melting every year

Won't bother to check the others

http://aktuelnaturvidenskab.dk/filea...n4rekordgl.pdf

god
    Last Online
    @
    Both polar ice caps have shrunk by up to 34% since the 1950s
    Climate change involves great fluctuations in temperature and weather effects, not simply a drought, but great downpours alternating with drier than normal periods.

Global temperatures have increased, the last 10 years being the hottest on record, with 2010 the hottest.
    Sea temperatures have cooled slightly over the last four years, but not enough to draw any definite conclusions. Most recent measurements show consistent increase in ocean temperatures.

Sea levels are rising at an accelerated rate now that the polar caps are melting faster than predicted and also becoming more acidic due to less CO2 being absorbed at the North Pole.
    Most glaciers are retreating rapidly, a few anomalous incidents exist, but these are due to local environmental mini ecosystems.

Crop failures due to climate change in the form of either droughts or floods, have increased, especially in the last two years. Fluctuating weather patterns are predicted to continue.
    More and stronger hurricanes have been observed recently, some occurring where there has not been a normal record of these events.

Pretty much the whole of the article you've presented is pure denialist bunkum.

Judging by the source and some of its references, it's just Oz political hoo hah.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT
    Both polar ice caps have shrunk by up to 34% since the 1950s
    bollocks- unless you underline the up to

Global temperatures have increased, the last 10 years being the hottest on record, with 2010 the hottest.
    In the other thread I pointed out that the process of deciding about one period being the hottest is flawed.

Sea levels are rising at an accelerated rate
    no they are not
    again in the other thread i provided a link to an article in the spectator, showing this is false .
    no point in bothering to re link it as you did not read it the first time and are bigoted on this topic .

god
    Last Online
    @
    Well, you've posted a genuine "blue waffle"!
    Something most undesirable!
    Here's an answer to your Spectator garbage.

When the Spectator does climate change, it does it prominently - often on the front cover - and it promotes views that don't reflect the broad scientific agreement on climate change.

This week's issue is no exception, with a front page article by climate skeptic and retired scientist Nils-Axel Mörner, in which he dismisses projections of rising sea level as "nonsense"

Read more here.

Rising incredulity at the Spectator

If you want to give some links to science journals instead of the Spectator, a rag, it would be better.

Last Online
    24-05-2023 @ 02:47 AM

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    One sensationalist seeking journalist V's multitude of respected scientists ...........

hummn difficult

god
    Last Online
    @
    Climate change, another unexpected flood in Oz.
    Moree in northern New South Wales has been cut off by floodwaters, isolating up to 10,000 people, the State Emergency Service says.

The Mehi River yesterday peaked at levels not seen since 1976, cutting the town in two and flooding some downtown businesses.

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell said the scene at the town was more like Venice than rural NSW, with surrounding areas turned into "an inland sea"

More.
    10,000 isolated as rampaging river cuts off NSW town - World - NZ Herald News

Banned

Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    One sensationalist seeking journalist V's multitude of respected scientists ...........

hummn difficult
    Ahhhh.....but you know the bottom line, Mid.

The whole debate, argument, and associated infrastructure of Global Warming and Climatic Changes has become extremely profitable for all concerned [pro and con].

god
    Last Online
    @
    Sorry mate, but the bottom line in the climate debate rests with the consensus of scientific opinion on it, not the uninformed bleatings of the insecure.
    As for profit and loss in that account, that is the playground of politicians and businesses.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    who cares, we will all be dead by the time of the end of humanity

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^

your children may and their children certainly will

makes your statement selfish don't it ?

god
    Last Online
    @
    Normal for that stalker.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    by the time of the end of humanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid
    your children may and their children certainly will
    everyone will...the end of humanity means exactly that
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid
    makes your statement selfish don't it ?
    no, just because I have doubts about vested interests on both sides of the debate doesn't mean I don't live within reasonable limits

I quite like the climate alarmists though, as they at least encourage recycling and living without excess

anything that reduces pollution, keeps the green spaces green (not replanted with oill plantations though) and the wild places wild, gets my vote

climate change is, I believe, out of our hands so I cannot influence it so I don't care about that
    I have reported your post

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    Normal for that stalker.

Ironic little turd, aren't you?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy
    climate change is, I believe, out of our hands so I cannot influence it so I don't care about that
    and this is where you are wrong , of course we can influence it , simply by reducing our waste output for starters .

or

do you think you are right and entire countries are wrong ?

Austria's recycling for just one example of many .

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    Sorry mate, but the bottom line in the climate debate rests with the consensus of scientific opinion on it, not the uninformed bleatings of the insecure.
    As for profit and loss in that account, that is the playground of politicians and businesses.
    ENt, you are either lying or completely ignorant if you say there is consensus, there is not.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-03-2024 @ 02:28 PM
    This really gets me.The Scientific community are completely polarised by the subject, yet some people, with no scientific background take one side or the other.

The name calling because somebody else has a different view is sandpit shite.

FFS.

god
    Last Online
    @
    ^^You'd make a rock weep.

The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change
    Naomi Oreskes*
    + Author Affiliations

The author is in the Department of History and Science Studies Program, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA. E-mail: noreskes@ucsd.edu
    Policy-makers and the media, particularly in the United States, frequently assert that climate science is highly uncertain. Some have used this as an argument against adopting strong measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For example, while discussing a major U.S. Environmental Protection Agency report on the risks of climate change, then-EPA administrator Christine Whitman argued, “As [the report] went through review, there was less consensus on the science and conclusions on climate change” (1). Some corporations whose revenues might be adversely affected by controls on carbon dioxide emissions have also alleged major uncertainties in the science (2). Such statements suggest that there might be substantive disagreement in the scientific community about the reality of anthropogenic climate change. This is not the case

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    ^ is this the same Ent who is into any hare brained conspiracy theory on AIDS and
    9 11 and yet here is using
    it must be right its the mainstream .....type of argument ,

Climate change, another unexpected flood in Oz.
    yes , you are finally coming around to the correct thinking ,
    It's CLIMATE CHANGE - not global warming-
    it's always changed and always will
    and we will cope
    so stop panicking

ENT spots a puddle and cries

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Indeed.

The Al Gores with their Carbon Offset scam should all be behind bars...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Last Online
    @
    consensus
    If you have doubts, then look at which side the big greedy corporations ( and Boon Mee ) is pushing, and the opposite is probably correct

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    Today @ 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post

hummn difficult
    Given that the multitude of scientists' funding relies on their continued slavish belief in the religion of global warming I should take the "sensationalist seeking journalist" every time.

The irony that one might term a divergent view to totemic orthodoxy as "sensationalist seeking " presumably eludes you.

I can't remember the chap's name but he was a leading scholar at MIT, significantly eminent in his own right to shield himself from the usual accusations of charlatanism levelled by so called respected scientists anxious to maintain their funding levels and role of Torquemada in the Great Global Warming Inquisition, who queried the interpretation of data on the fundamental ground that as yet no one could come up with what could reasonably be measured as a world average temperature.

I don't think we have yet moved on from that point, have we?

Last Online
    @
    you are either lying or completely ignorant
    Why aren't you commenting on the false info in your OP ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information