Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    13-04-2020 @ 05:52 PM
    Get well soon Ned...

No booze is a bummer but from ENTs list you might be able to get a nice buzz from the following:

DO take an opiate muscle relaxant.

DO take codeine for the headaches.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post

That site is wrong. No question.
    I have emailed the site. It will be interesting to see if they correct the entry.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailing into trouble View Post
    Can you get vaccinations for Dengue? Glad you are beating the bug Ned.
    No vaccine yet developed that I know of.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by rawlins View Post
    Get well soon Ned...

No booze is a bummer but from ENTs list you might be able to get a nice buzz from the following:

DO take an opiate muscle relaxant.

DO take codeine for the headaches.

Correct, don't OD.

god
    Last Online
    @

I have emailed the site. It will be interesting to see if they correct the entry.
    It will be.

Party Animal!
    Last Online
    10-05-2012 @ 09:17 PM
    A link to the NHS site regarding Dengue: Dengue - NHS Choices

Last Online
    07-02-2020 @ 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post
    nedwalk

Worst form is hemorrhagic, where all the little red dots on your skin connect up and you start to bleed under the skin,
    The thai expression for this condition describes the symptoms well:

Khai Luat Ork. Fever, blood comes out.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Apt!

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @

It will be.
    I am impressed, they have replied already and will look into it.

god
    Last Online
    @
    Here's Wiki's view on Immunity

To read while we wait for Nidhog's eagerly anticipated confirmation and blessings.

Dengue fever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Here's Wiki's view on Immunity

To read while we wait for Nidhog's eagerly anticipated confirmation and blessings.

Dengue fever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The wikki article is ok.

See this bit (particularly the bit I have highlighted in red):

Dengue is transmitted by several species of mosquito within the genus Aedes, principally A. aegypti. The virus has four different types; infection with one type usually gives lifelong immunity to that type, but only short-term immunity to the others. Subsequent infection with a different type increases the risk of severe complications.

which is correct as opposed to the other web site which proposes some type of gradual immunity which improves over repeated infections (which is wrong).

god
    Last Online
    @
    Of course subsequent infections increase the risk,
    If I'm imune to the worst, and suseqently become immune to other strains, a permanent immunity is induced.

No matter what several articles and posters claim on this, I'm sure you will continue to argue
    Last edited by ENT; 27-01-2012 at 05:38 AM.

god
    Last Online
    @
    There are plenty more references on the web nidhog, stop pestering.

DRESDEN ZWINGER
    Last Online
    @
    Good luck mate You'll have a great Burns Night yarn for the future about a Timorese beastie Burns Original Standard English Translation Wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie, O, what a panic's in thy breastie! Thou need na start awa sae hasty Wi bickering brattle! I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee, Wi' murdering pattle. I'm truly sorry man's dominion Has broken Nature's social union, An' justifies that ill opinion Which makes thee startle At me, thy poor, earth born companion An' fellow mortal! I doubt na, whyles, but thou may thieve; What then? poor beastie, thou maun live! A daimen icker in a thrave 'S a sma' request; I'll get a blessin wi' the lave, An' never miss't. Thy wee-bit housie, too, in ruin! It's silly wa's the win's are strewin! An' naething, now, to big a new ane, O' foggage green! An' bleak December's win's ensuin, Baith snell an' keen! Thou saw the fields laid bare an' waste, An' weary winter comin fast, An' cozie here, beneath the blast, Thou thought to dwell, Till crash! the cruel coulter past Out thro' thy cell. That wee bit heap o' leaves an' stibble, Has cost thee monie a weary nibble! Now thou's turned out, for a' thy trouble, But house or hald, To thole the winter's sleety dribble, An' cranreuch cauld. But Mousie, thou art no thy lane, In proving foresight may be vain: The best laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley, An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain, For promis'd joy! Still thou are blest, compared wi' me! The present only toucheth thee: But och! I backward cast my e'e, On prospects drear! An' forward, tho' I canna see, I guess an' fear! Small, sleek, cowering, timorous beast, O, what a panic is in your breast! You need not start away so hasty With hurrying scamper! I would be loath to run and chase you, With murdering plough-staff. I'm truly sorry man's dominion Has broken Nature's social union, And justifies that ill opinion Which makes thee startle At me, thy poor, earth born companion And fellow mortal! I doubt not, sometimes, but you may steal; What then? Poor beast, you must live! An odd ear in twenty-four sheaves Is a small request; I will get a blessing with what is left, And never miss it. Your small house, too, in ruin! It's feeble walls the winds are scattering! And nothing now, to build a new one, Of coarse grass green! And bleak December's winds coming, Both bitter and keen! You saw the fields laid bare and wasted, And weary winter coming fast, And cozy here, beneath the blast, You thought to dwell, Till crash! the cruel plough past Out through your cell. That small bit heap of leaves and stubble, Has cost you many a weary nibble! Now you are turned out, for all your trouble, Without house or holding, To endure the winter's sleety dribble, And hoar-frost cold. But Mouse, you are not alone, In proving foresight may be vain: The best laid schemes of mice and men Go often askew, And leaves us nothing but grief and pain, For promised joy! Still you are blest, compared with me! The present only touches you: But oh! I backward cast my eye, On prospects dreary! And forward, though I cannot see, I guess and fear!
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    your brain is as empty as a eunuchs underpants.
    from brief encounters unexpurgated version

Special member
    Last Online
    @
    Look after yourself Ned!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Hey Ned.... How are you doing?

god
    Last Online
    @
    He should be free of symptoms by now, 10 days.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nedwalk
    gonna contact, the UN also and let them know so they can organise a foggin program in the district
    I am not sure that works very well

the best way is to remove any breeding pools, stagnant water in cans, old tyres etc; fogging may kill a few mossies but it is fairly indiscriminate

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    It is a pity that developing some drugs/vaccination against Dengue is too difficult for the drug companies i.e. not profitable

the only research going on seems to be government sponsored and fairly hopeless. I wish I was wrong and there was something positive as Dengue causes much misery and a lot of deaths around the world
    I have reported your post

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    It is a pity that developing some drugs/vaccination against Dengue is too difficult for the drug companies i.e. not profitable

the only research going on seems to be government sponsored and fairly hopeless. I wish I was wrong and there was something positive as Dengue causes much misery and a lot of deaths around the world

Why a Vaccine | Dengue Vaccine Initiative

In recent years, however, the development of dengue vaccines has accelerated dramatically. Today, several vaccines are in various stages of advanced development, with clinical trials currently underway on five candidate vaccines. Trials in the most advanced stages are showing encouraging preliminary data, and the leading candidate could be licensed as early as 2015.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    let us hope so

god
    Last Online
    @
    Chiangmai University.

Trials of a vaccine against Dengue fever have been going on for a number of years.

PRLog (Press Release) - Dec 16, 2011 -
    Ministry of Science announces successful development of first dengue vaccine

Biotech NSTDA, Chiang Mai University and Mahidol University together announced the successful development of a dengue vaccine, the first of this kind in the world. Following the achievement, they signed an authorization for Bionedd-Asia to develop a dengue vaccine in the near future.

More.
    Ministry of Science announces successful development of first dengue vaccine | PRLog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information