Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Never been. Thing that has kept me from heading down there is the rep Indonesia has for being dirty. Like the expression "filthy as an Indonesia urinal".

The other thing I've heard is tourists get hassled to buy stuff when relaxing at the beach? Ala Jamaica and the Rasta's?
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    15-10-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Never been. Thing that has kept me from heading down there is the rep Indonesia has for being dirty. Like the expression "filthy as an Indonesia urinal".

The other thing I've heard is tourists get hassled to buy stuff when relaxing at the beach? Ala Jamaica and the Rasta's?
    That maybe the case if you stay around Kuta, but the rest of the island no.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by khun andy
    Taking a 3 day drive across the centre up to Lovina and back in a few weeks and if I can post a road trip report I will.
    Lovina is great. Very peacful with a black sand beach and you can see guys walking along there with their goats.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock
    When I last went to Bali Kuta was the major place to go.....where is considered the best beach for a family, nice resort, some shopping? I will also travel up to Ubud as well...
    I went in May of 200 and I travelled alone. I purposely avoided Kuta and I just kind of made up a route as I went along. I first went over to Sanur and spent a couple of nights there.

Then I went to Ubud and spent a few nights there. Ubud is really nice with its rice paddies anad the monkey forest. I was fortunate enough to have arrived just before a cremation ceremony. So, for free, I got to follow the procession to the cremation spot and watch the whole thing.

From Ubud, I hired a driver and went up to Lovina for my final few nights. I stayed about two blocks from the beach. Lovina has a black volcanic sand beach and is much quieter than the other spots. I loved it.

I also went into Singaraja with my driver so I had a taste of that town / city. This driver's uncle was my driver to go back to Denpasar to the airport. Since my flight was in the evening, we spent the day on this route back:

We stopped at Mt. Batur and Batur Lake then at Mt. Agung, then to the airport at Denpasar.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    @
    Two points: my year should read 2000

and

either I forgot to include the map, or it's just not showing.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    just read an artical on child orphanages which are mushrooming in bali.
    seems they are a front for scams and cheap child labour.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock View Post
    I'm looking to go to Bali for a holiday in February, been 24 years since I was last there.

Got an excellent quote on Thai Airways of 13,750 Baht so I wanna book early.

When I last went to Bali Kuta was the major place to go.....where is considered the best beach for a family, nice resort, some shopping?

I will also travel up to Ubud as well...
    Ubud is great,

on the beach stay in seminyak (one stop past legian) - you can still get a 15 min taxi to Kuta for the bungey jumps, markets, sports bars, water slide park etc. for the kids.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Wilson
    you can still get a 15 min taxi to Kuta for the bungey jumps, markets, sports bars, water slide park etc. for the kids.
    Not anymore mate the traffic is horrendous because of the smalll roads. But I still love the place

The ricefields Nat was talking about in Ubud.

Last Online
    @
    Been offered a 3br house in Sanur free of charge by a mate who has moved there.

Sadly though, the school in BKK has decided to cut half term to two days so a trip to Bali isn't possible now.

Last Online
    @
    Sorry, I have to say IMHO Bali is shit.

Far too many people like Tezza, way too touristified.

Crap, really.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    Sorry, I have to say IMHO Bali is shit.

Far too many people like Tezza, way too touristified.

Crap, really.
    only in Kuta.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread Information