Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Last Online
    05-07-2014 @ 10:06 PM

Any NFL fans here?

I'm a Saints/Cowboys/Packers/Steelers fan. Won the pub pool for 10 wks straight, but am now losing.
    Any tips other than always bet against the Colts?

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    Browns all the way dude! if you cross me, I will brown you!

Is that a saying? because it should be!

I'm English and realise that the worst team in the league is the B's but!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Maugham
    I'm a Saints/Cowboys/Packers/Steelers fan.
    Is that one team or do you have all of your dick in all of the pies?

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    In football, Changing teams is not allowed. You pic one when you are 1.65 months old and then you stick with it!

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    Seahawks fan here. I am used to losing. Minnie you seem to be a bit of a bandwagon jumper.

Last Online
    Come on, Boys, I got a finger in a few pots. I'm over 21, etc, and if I wanna rah more than one team, let me, please.
    Mr Prince, Cleveland don't got no defense or offense and I don't think they got the real McCoy.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Seahawks fan here. I am used to losing. Minnie you seem to be a bit of a bandwagon jumper.
    Seahawks have a nice team logo......
    Bandwagon jumper? I'm just a chick.
    Oh, any Tebow fans here?

Last Online
    @
    Yes, they're all in the Sportsman whinging about how expensive it is to live in Pattaya, and pay no attention to the rubbish "sport" they came in for. Cheapskate cnuts. Next question?

P.S. Bad hair dye and syrups do not make you look younger.

Last Online
    08-12-2011 @ 02:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnie Maugham View Post
    I'm a Saints/Cowboys/Packers/Steelers fan. Won the pub pool for 10 wks straight, but am now losing.
    Any tips other than always bet against the Colts?

Hi mate. I'm a football/soccer fan. I support Barcelona/Real Madrid/AC Milan/Inter Milan/Bayern Munich/Ajax/Manchester Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Celtic/Porto/Benfica/CSKA Moscow/Brazil/Argentina/Italy/Germany/England/Spain/Holland and Crawley Town.

I am fucking amazing. My team wins all the time.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2024 @ 01:10 AM
    Ditch the other two and stick with the Packers this year. The Cowboys are pussies anyway - you'd know that if you were a real man.

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    ^^

Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    Last Online
    23-03-2013 @ 04:22 AM
    I have followed NFL for about 20 years now

My Uncle first introduced me to it, he followed the St Louis Cardinals, tuned in on a crackly radio.

I latched on the season the LA Raiders won the superbowl, and have stuck with them since, but always have a softspot for an underdog, so pleased to see some of the unfashionable teams come through.

I have been to the colloseum, house of pain, Nawlins dome, oilers dome, candlestick park,giants stadium, and some.

Raiders doing better this season though

Last Online
    @
    Hmmm....for once LB and I may have a common interest.

I am a Niners fan, I had a Season Ticket for them the year I lived there, but had seen them many times before and after, but sadly I haven't been to the States for 20 years this month.

This year we are rising from the Singletary Debacle and withanother former Bear and a couple of decent additions (particularly Goodwin at centre) the team are looking good, should clinch the Division this week.

As well as the Niners I have travelled watching games, been to the Coliseum, RFK, Orange Bowl, Texas Stadium, Soldier Field, Anaheim Stadium, God only one of that list is still an NFL Stadium!!

LB if you latched onto the Raiders when they last won the SB you've been watching for 28 years next month, about the same amount of time I have....

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by LooseBowels
    I have been to the colloseum, house of pain, Nawlins dome, oilers dome, candlestick park,giants stadium, and some.
    Oh and the House Of Pain was the Oilers Dome and it was called the Houston Astrodome....

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    I grew up watching and playing the sport. I can still hear the knock on the door. It was a bunch of buddies on the coldest rainiest day of the year wanting to get a game together at the local field. I was always in for those games. We would run, tackle and knock the snot out of each other until we were drenched to the bone and close to hypothermic. Pick up games where always the best.

I also remember being a loyal Seahawk fan from day one. As a kid the 1983 season was the most memorable. We beat the Broncos and the Dolphins in the playoffs only to lose to those wicked Raiders.

Love me some football.

Last Online
    @
    1983, I remember the playoff run but can't remember if Curt Warner with you then?

I saw the Thanksgiving Day game in Dallas circa 1986 when Warner ran the Cowboys ragged, amazing chage of direction like an early Barry Sanders.

But then, oh so sadly he blew his knee and was never the same again....

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    Yep Curt Warner was our back then and my second favorite player at the time. The first being Steve Largent. A yes a good Turkey day game that was. Seahawks kicked some Cowboy butt.

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    I thought the Jets had a real chance this year- now I'm just hoping they make the play-offs...

I'll also be rooting for the Giants to break some hearts this weekend.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe
    I thought the Jets had a real chance this year- now I'm just hoping they make the play-offs...
    C'mon....you have Sanchez.....he's hardly.....Alex Smith!!

Quote Originally Posted by bsnub
    The first being Steve Largent.
    Yup, Largent had a 100 yard catching game that day as well if I remember.... Steve Largent....white, slow, short.... open!!

Just after that I seem to reemember you drafted a stud of a wide receiver who with Kreig Largent and Warner was going to be the final piece in the jigsaw, but wasn't, can you remember his name?

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock
    Just after that I seem to reemember you drafted a stud of a wide receiver who with Kreig Largent and Warner was going to be the final piece in the jigsaw, but wasn't, can you remember his name?
    I think you are speaking about Brian Blades. He was supposed to be the replacement for Largent who retired after the '89 season. Blades never attained the level of Largent but was fine football player in his own right.

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcock
    Yup, Largent had a 100 yard catching game that day as well if I remember.... Steve Largent....white, slow, short.... open!!
    Largent showed the value of running perfect patterns- if you're where you're supposed to be and the QB makes the throw, you're gonna make the catch, even if you're a slow white boy- you can't cover a perfect route.

Last Online
    @
    Yep, Largent was a Master at getting open, Dwight Clark too and if not open, just jump higher than everson Walls and Hey Presto!

That said, I saw Jerry Rice play 20 times for the Niners and score 26TD's. He was a true true Legend!!

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Packers for me this year but since True dropped ASN, I've been having the Football Jones...

Last Online
    @
    It's not on at a viewable time for me, so I've just been downloading and watching the games I want to see.

Seen a few Packers games and boy do they look good, not much at RB but Aaron Rodgers is on fire.

I have a huge collection of NFL Films on my computer if anyone is after anything specific.

I'm trying to getall of the America's Game Series' if anyone has any, Got loads of In Their Own Words, Super Bowls, and many one off NFL Films Productions.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbert View Post
    Ditch the other two and stick with the Packers this year. The Cowboys are pussies anyway - you'd know that if you were a real man.
    Dunno, I always loved the Boys. Romo is a tad unreliable, but we can't all be Tom Brady.
    Congrats to Bsnub for the Hawks big win Thurs. But, bladdy h*ll, allowing Philly to get 2 TDs is just wussy.
    Sorry, Mr Boonmee, that you don't have a live feed. That's the best part of being home: NFL Sundays & Monday/Thursday nights. And, it's Sat aft, so I'm half watching college ball.
    Last edited by Minnie Maugham; 04-12-2011 at 06:13 AM.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Not my favourite team by any means...but the New York Jets have had a couple of important and entertaining wins back-to-back...over the last couple of weeks...I enjoyed watching them (which I find is better than just winning)...Good for an outside bet at least....

I have probably killed off their chances saying this...but what the hell...

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information