Last Online
    01-08-2012 @ 06:37 PM

Hotels and Night Life in Surat Thani

Hello all, am looking for feedback on nice places to stay and things to do nightlife-wise in Surat Thani. I am an expat with a Thai g/f and so are quite comfortable in both Thai and western style bars and pubs. Am based in Nakhon Si Thammarat and like to escape once in a while for a change of scenery.

Any advice or guidance on where to stay and party a bit at night would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

bugsmasher76

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Last Online
    Ooo, thanks for that, will take a look.

Last Online
    23-08-2017 @ 07:28 PM
    Have only over-nighted in ST earlier this year.
    There is a excellent local restaurant behind the Diamond Plaza Hotel just as you enter ST by road from BKK called The Salanchon Restaurant (if the wife's translation was right)
    Huge car park, big seating capacity
    The local menu items were different, delicious and very cheap.
    Staff and service excellent.
    As for the Diamond Plaza and the accommodation offerings there, I'd check out the Trip Advisor web site for some pretty accurate opinions.
    It is not the epi centre of the Thai hospitality industry!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    If you find anywhere half decent, please let me know. I live in the middle of nowhere about 70kms west of the city. The only farang in the village.

Last Online
    Ha, ok, will do!!! Not sure when I'll get up there, but am thinking it won't be too long before I hit the road. Funny, a fair few of the Thai fellas that I fly offshore tell me Surat has some pretty decent night life. Maybe their definition is a little "different" from some of ours!!!

Last Online
    08-12-2020 @ 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmasher76 View Post
    Ha, ok, will do!!! Not sure when I'll get up there, but am thinking it won't be too long before I hit the road. Funny, a fair few of the Thai fellas that I fly offshore tell me Surat has some pretty decent night life. Maybe their definition is a little "different" from some of ours!!!
    Me think they probably frequent different venues.

Last Online
    04-06-2020 @ 10:25 PM

Hotel Surat Thani

Hello all, am looking for feedback on nice places to stay and things to do nightlife-wise in Surat Thani. I am an expat with a Thai g/f and so are quite comfortable in both Thai and western style bars and pubs. Am based in Nakhon Si Thammarat and like to escape once in a while for a change of scenery.

Any advice or guidance on where to stay and party a bit at night would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

bugsmasher76
    I have stayed in most of the hotels and mansions in Surat and the best value is the 100 Islands across the road from Tesco Lotus. Loi Koh pronounced Loy Gok. 590 baht per night with nice tropical garden setting and pool.

Last Online
    28-05-2019 @ 11:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nip View Post

Cheers,

bugsmasher76
    I have stayed in most of the hotels and mansions in Surat and the best value is the 100 Islands across the road from Tesco Lotus. Loi Koh pronounced Loy Gok. 590 baht per night with nice tropical garden setting and pool.
    Yes, before we bought the house at Wat Pradhu we used to use 100 Islands, its very reasonable and very comfortable, but the breakfast is shit ! unless you are a Chinese tourist.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Racin View Post
    Me think they probably frequent different venues.
    I was looking around Surat last weekend and apart from the GM Bar there was'nt much to shout about.

Last Online

Thats for sure, i find it very boring, but there are several Thai bars and "massage" parlours !

Last Online
    03-01-2012 @ 05:05 PM
    Hi i stayed in Surat-thani at the Wang Tai HOTEL TEL (077)283020-39 That was about two years ago,nice hotel 700BT and we tryed several places,alot of dumps,and tryed very hard,Got a nice in house massage and i would say i was asleep before the elevator got to the bottom floor,she wanted 1000 BT short time nothing to right home about,kept my money for another night

Thread Information