Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132333575 ... LastLast

Thread: FOX "news"

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Well, if it were not for Fox News, we'd be fed the daily pablum of this kind of reporting:

CNN Runs More Stories on Cain 'Scandal' in Six Days Than it Did Obama's Ties to Ayers, Rezko and Wright Combined

Shameful...

A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Personally I think that Cain's umbilical link to the Koch brothers is far more significant, and sinister.

Suspended from News & Speakers Corner

Last Online
    15-02-2014 @ 09:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    Well, if it were not for Fox News, we'd be fed the daily pablum of this kind of reporting:
    • Published 07:50 04.11.11
    • Latest update 07:50 04.11.11
    Ultra-Orthodox spitting attacks on Old City clergymen becoming daily

Clergymen in the Armenian Church in Jerusalem say they are victims of harassment, from senior cardinals to priesthood students; when they do complain, the police don't usually find the perpetrators.

By Oz Rosenberg
    Ultra-Orthodox young men curse and spit at Christian clergymen in the streets of Jerusalem's Old City as a matter of routine. In most cases the clergymen ignore the attacks, but sometimes they strike back. Last week the Jerusalem Magistrate's Court quashed the indictment against an Armenian priesthood student who had punched the man who spat at him.

Johannes Martarsian was walking in the Old City in May 2008 when an young ultra-Orthodox Jew spat at him. Maratersian punched the spitter in the face, making him bleed, and was charged for assault. But Judge Dov Pollock, who unexpectedly annulled the indictment, wrote in his verdict that "putting the defendant on trial for a single blow at a man who spat at his face, after suffering the degradation of being spat on for years while walking around in his church robes is a fundamental contravention of the principles of justice and decency."

"Needless to say, spitting toward the defendant when he was wearing the robe is a criminal offense," the judge said.

When Narek Garabedian came to Israel to study in the Armenian Seminary in Jerusalem half a year ago, he did not expect the insults, curses and spitting he would be subjected to daily by ultra-Orthodox Jews in the streets of the Old City.

"When I see an ultra-Orthodox man coming toward me in the street, I always ask myself if he will spit at me," says Narek, a Canadian Armenian, this week. About a month ago, on his way to buy groceries in the Old City, two ultra-Orthodox men spat at him. The spittle did not fall at his feet but on his person. Narek, a former football player, decided this time not to turn the other cheek.

"I was very angry. I pushed them both to the wall and asked, 'why are you doing this?' They were frightened and said 'we're sorry, we're sorry,' so I let them go. But it isn't always like that. Sometimes the spitter attacks you back," he says.

Other clergymen in the Armenian Church in Jerusalem say they are all victims of harassment, from the senior cardinals to the priesthood students. Mostly they ignore these incidents. When they do complain, the police don't usually find the perpetrators.

Martarsian left Israel about a year ago. He was sent back home by the church, as were two other Armenian priesthood students who were charged after attacking an ultra-Orthodox man who spat at them.

The Greek Patriarchy's clergymen have been cursed and spat on by ultra-Orthodox men in the street for many years. "They walk past me and spit," says Father Gabriel Bador, 78, a senior priest in the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate. "Mostly I ignore it, but it's difficult.

Sometimes I stop and ask the spitter 'why are you doing this? What have I done to you?' Once I even shouted at a few of them who spat at my feet together. They ran away," he says.

"It happens a lot," says Archbishop Aristarchos, the chief secretary of the patriarchate. "You walk down the street and suddenly they spit at you for no reason. I admit sometimes it makes me furious, but we have been taught to restrain ourselves, so I do so."

Father Goosan Aljanian, Chief Dragoman of the Armenian Patriarchate in Jerusalem, says it is often difficult for temperamental young priesthood students to swallow the offense.

bout a month ago two students marching to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre beat up an ultra-Orthodox man who spat at them. They were sent away from the Old City for two weeks.

"I tell my students that if they are spat at, to go to the police rather than strike back" says Goosan. "But these are young kids who sometimes lose their cool."

A few weeks ago four ultra-Orthodox men spat at clergymen in the funeral procession of Father Alberto of the Armenian Church. "They came in a pack, out of nowhere," said Father Goosan. "I know there are fanatical Haredi groups that don't represent the general public but it's still enraging. It all begins with education. It's the responsibility of these men's yeshiva heads to teach them not to behave this way," he says.

Father Goosan and other Patriarchy members are trying to walk as little as possible in the Old City streets. "Once we walked from the [Armenian] church to the Jaffa Gate and on that short section four different people spat at us," he says.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national...daily-1.393669

^ as NOT reported by FOX OR by those librul pablum-pushers at CNN, though Israel's biggest paper thought it newsworthy.

Boon, when is FOX and/or CNN going to disseminate this story to the American public???

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^ Actually it is an old, old story. This is just highlighting a particular incident, but it is a situation that has been commonplace in Jerusalem for years. To be a Christian or Moslem theological student or priest in Jerusalem is to be slagged on by orthodox Jewish theological students, routinely.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    ^ Actually it is an old, old story. This is just highlighting a particular incident, but it is a situation that has been commonplace in Jerusalem for years. To be a Christian or Moslem theological student or priest in Jerusalem is to be slagged on by orthodox Jewish theological students, routinely.
    Exactly.

As opposed to this I would offer...

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    26-03-2024 @ 02:28 PM
    Fox news is ok as long as you don't go for Hannity or that cock sucker O'Rielly. Both need somebody to smack 'em in the mouth when they get lippy.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    Fox news is ok as long as you don't go for Hannity or that cock sucker O'Rielly. Both need somebody to smack 'em in the mouth when they get lippy.
    I haven't watched Fox News for so long now...definitely have Jones for it though. CNN is horrible!

Last Online
    @
    ^CNN is horrible. I get my news online.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    ^CNN is horrible. I get my news online.
    Me too aside from Bloomberg & once an a while Squakbox on CNBC but they pontificate too much for more than a few minutes viewing.

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    ^You get your "news" from far right extremist blogs first if we trace your posts on this forum.

Last Online
    ^
    B.S.

Fox News On Top - as always!

CABLE NEWS RACE
    MON., NOV. 14, 2011

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,185,000
    FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,207,000
    FOXNEWS BAIER 2,104,000
    FOXNEWS SHEP 1,969,000
    FOXNEWS GRETA 1,669,000
    MSNBC SCHULTZ 907,000
    MSNBC HARDBALL 866,000
    MSNBC MADDOW 814,000
    MSNBC O'DONNELL 766,000
    MSNBC SHARPTON 734,000
    CNN COOPER 565,000
    CNN PIERS MORGAN 544,000

Does anyone actually watch MSNBC or CNN

Source

Last Online
    31-08-2012 @ 07:47 PM
    Fox news has some sensational coverage I guess.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    Fox News On Top - as always!
    Yes- of cable news channels. But more people watch Jon Stewart's comedy show- and that mostly takes the piss out of Fox.

I think most US people get their news from their local or regional TV station. The average age of the Fox News viewer is 65- ask any advertising guy, and he'll tell you that is no lucrative advertising franchise. Looking at the fairly obscure list of companies that still advertise on it rather confirms that view.
    Last edited by sabang; 16-11-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Last Online
    31-08-2012 @ 07:47 PM
    I can't say I know any younger people who watch it. Most people I know who watch it probably wouldn't mind having a bomb shelter in their back yards. Fox news should pay tribute to its dying viewer base more often. By the way, the morning show is basically snatch TV. How can you watch the following clips and say that they are not selling pussy on Fox. You know Boonme is there taking in all the news with a big shanker.

It's comical

Skirt TV.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Yeh, those Foxbot's. Gotta love 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hampsha
    the morning show is basically snatch TV
    Sold. I'm gonna watch me some on youtube.

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    Faux is full of whores, no surprise here

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Yeh, those Foxbot's. Gotta love 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hampsha
    the morning show is basically snatch TV
    Sold. I'm gonna watch me some on youtube.
    Heh...now who wouldn't want to watch Gretchen Carlson et. al. on Fox than that miserable dyke Rachael Madcow on MSNBC, eh? Or, how about that huge monstrosity - Candy Crowley on CNN?

Last Online
    @
    Hannity: Osama bin Laden is dead ‘thanks to George Bush’

In Sean Hannity’s world, President George W. Bush succeeded in killing terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden.

The Fox News host on Thursday noted that bin Laden was dead “thanks to George Bush.”

During a segment on Time magazine’s top 10 news stories of 2011, Democratic consultant Joe Trippi lamented that the death of the al Qaeda leader didn’t make the list.

“Thanks to George Bush,” Hannity interrupted, ignoring the fact that bin Laden had been killed under President Barack Obama’s watch.

“You’d give credit to Bush?” he asked Trippi. “Because if Obama had gotten his way we wouldn’t have gotten bin Laden, you know that.”

“No matter what, Osama bin Laden — getting him is the number one story of the year, I would think,” Trippi replied.

This isn’t the first time that history has been revised in favor of President George W. Bush on Hannity’s show.

Appearing on Hannity in 2009, former Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino declared, “We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush’s term.”

and the right will just suck this crap up as fact,..why? because they want to believe (video in the link): Hannity: Osama bin Laden is dead ‘thanks to George Bush’ | The Raw Story
    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Elite Mumbler
    Last Online
    @
    FOX news making up the news again.

News bulletins around the world have been following Russia's election rallies. But one channel stands out - America's Fox News has been showing streets ablaze, violent clashes and firebombs thrown at security officers, but with one major problem - the images are not from Russia, they're from Greece!

Last Online
    Greek riots.
    Russian riots - it's all the same...

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HansuMan
    But Judge Dov Pollock, who unexpectedly annulled the indictment, wrote in his verdict that "putting the defendant on trial for a single blow at a man who spat at his face, after suffering the degradation of being spat on for years while walking around in his church robes is a fundamental contravention of the principles of justice and decency."
    It has been a long while since I've heard of some common sense by a judge, so I thought I'd highlight this - excellent explanation and judgment, imo.

Suspended from News & Speakers Corner

Last Online
    15-02-2014 @ 09:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by pickel View Post
    FOX news making up the news again.

reminds of when the Zio-banksters orchestrated the 9/11/01 attacks, FAUX News soon aired years-old footage of Palestinians in the streets celebrating a wedding, and the FAUX whores lied and said the Pal's were "celebrating the 9/11 attacks"... the whores all shaking their heads in FAUX-righteous indignation of course. I'll have to search for that clip...

Last Online
    MSNBC Online Job Applications Demand “Thorough Knowledge of Progressive News” & a full-frontal lobotomy a plus!

The blog Inside Cable News noticed new job notices at MSNBC.com. “One was more of a support position for Up with Chris Hayes and another that seemed more like a general editorial position” for the NBC/MSNBC Decision 2012 team. Both had a line that stuck out: “Must have thorough knowledge of political and progressive news."

Tilt! MSNBC Online Job Applications Demand 'Thorough Knowledge' of 'Progressive News' | NewsBusters.org

Last Online
    @
    Does Fox do this kind of thing on purpose?
    fair and balanced

Today In Dishonest Fox News Charts

It looks like Fox is trying to mislead its viewers on the unemployment rate. Again.

On Monday, Fox News displayed a chart illustrating changes to the unemployment rate during 2011:

Note how the 8.6 percent unemployment rate in November looks higher than March's 8.8 percent rate, and about the same as the 9 percent unemployment rate in October.

Here's how an honest chart of changes to the unemployment rate during 2011 looks:

they suck it up: Today In Dishonest Fox News Charts | Media Matters for America

Last Online
    I wouldn't put too much credence in Media Matters if I were you. They are the far left version of the spectrum. Heavy spinning.

Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1517181920212223242526272829303132333575 ... LastLast

Thread Information