Thread: Halloween

Last Online
    31-08-2012 @ 07:47 PM

Halloween

Do your kids do anything on Halloween Day in Asia?

I mentioned it to my daughter and nephew and now they are excited. I think we are going to have some sort of little party with them dressing up in whatever way they can just for the fun of it. We are out in the northeast of Thailand so we don't have much access to the Halloween decorations and costumes you can find in other places. I told the kids yesterday we would make jack o'lanterns out of paper today so I picked up some orange paper for that. I'll buy a couple Thai pumpkins and carve them up with the kids, too. Just want to make a little fun of it. Someday, I really would like to create a haunted house in town with the school kids. Back in New Hampshire in the states, we had one in everytown at Halloween. The college and high school kids would run them and raise money for a charity. There's not a lot to do in our farming area so something like this could be a big fun hit for a week at the end of October prior to Loy Kratong in November.

Anyways, do you do anything on Halloween where you are in Thailand or Asia? Any plans for this year?

Last Online
    @
    we were allowed to dress up for work last year... the effort some people went to was ridiculous. I just wore a black shirt...

Special member
    Last Online
    @
    boo..

Last Online
    Armstrong are you in Thailand? What kind of work would let you dress up? A school, office, or something else? I know the clubs in BKK and the niightlife girls sometimes dress up. There's not too much happening up country.

Last Online
    For the kids...

Last Online
    @
    yeah, a school. i'm a performing monkey.

Last Online
    I was a Santa once at a school. I'd do it again if they asked me but up in the Northeast I doubt they will be asking me. Many people don't really care about the western holidays but I miss them. A few years of Thai holidays and I've had enough. The Songkran water festival isn't so bad if you have a few beers and can keep out of the sun.

Thread Information