Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online
    21-03-2012 @ 12:00 AM

Mayweather Ortiz

Did anyone see this fight, I am glad I didnt pay for it what a rip off.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    Bizarre ending to say the least. Disgraceful headbutt by Ortiz to start the debacle then an equally shameful sucker punch by Mayweather to finish the fight. Entertaining, for sure..

FarangRed
    Boxing: Mayweather beats Ortiz

Floyd Mayweather Jr maintained his perfect record with a controversial fourth-round knockout of Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday night.
    Mayweather improved to 42-0 and claimed the WBC world welterweight title as he blasted Ortiz (29-3-2) to defeat amid sensational scenes.
    The controversial finish came after Ortiz was deducted a point late in the round by referee Joe Cortez for an intentional headbutt. Then Ortiz, clearly full of regret, cuddled Floyd and apologised.
    As the two fighters then broke, Mayweather unloaded with a left hook and a right that sent Ortiz crashing to the canvas. TV replays appeared to show that neither Ortiz or Cortez were looking at Floyd when he unloladed.
    The controversial ending may well take some of the gloss off what had up to that point been a virtuoso performance from 'Money'.
    Despite a 16-month absence from the ring he was in the groove right from the opening bell, and could hardly miss with that trademark right-hand counter.
    Ortiz tried to get inside and throw punches in bunches, but Floyd merely smiled through his gumshield time and again before countering and making good his escape.
    By round four it was a boxing lesson from Mayweather Jr, with Ortiz quite simply outclassed. And it appeared that frustration got the better of Victor as he butted Mayweather with Floyd on the ropes.
    Then, within seconds it was over, with the MGM Grand erupting into chaos as Mayweather delivered the knockout blow.
    The post-fight interviews in the ring, televised by Primetime were almost as high-octane as the bout itself, as Mayweather and HBO analyst Larry Merchant became engulfed in an angry slanging match.
    Mayweather said: "I got hit by a dirty shot. The rule is protect yourself at all time. We are not here to cry and complain about what he did or I did dirty."
    When Merchant pressed Floyd about how the fight had ended, the fighter erupted with "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know sh*** about boxing. You ain't sh***."
    The 80-year-old Merchant, clearly upset by those comments, responded tersely: "I wish I was 50 years younger - I'd kick your ass."

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    just seen the KO - hahahahaha. The kid got taught a lesson there. Cheap butt and got what he deserved. I've no love for Mayweather but he's a winner. I believe he had a bit of a to do verbally with Larry Merchant in the post fight too.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online

Last Online
    21-03-2012 @ 12:00 AM

Last Online
    @
    I can't take this cocksucker seriously when he keeps running scared from Manny Pacquiao. He's just, as his name suggests, a "pretty boy".

Last Online
    08-12-2011 @ 05:45 PM
    I fell asleep!
    Mayweather is a punk Governor Manny Pacquiao wants to fight Him!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Manny would not walk through Mayweather.

It'd be a very very close fight and a much as I prefer Manny, I wouldn't put an money on it.

Last Online
    08-12-2011 @ 05:45 PM
    That is the Fight we all want to see! Mayweather vs Pacquiao, these two have been teasing fight fans for years, gonna be a BIG payday for both.
    This fight could help revive Boxing.

Molecular Mixup
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Sure was a real dirty pair of punches Mayweather threw,
    but that first clubbing left did not travel far but it was POWERFUL,
    and as Hatton used to say '' it's not a tickling competition.''

That old interviewer should retire, 80 years old ?
    let some young person do the job.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post

It'd be a very very close fight and a much as I prefer Manny, I wouldn't put an money on it.
    Mayweather is a great fighter and a total asshole. I doubt I'll put money on an eventual Manny-Floyd fight because the odds will be too close in any case, favoring Manny, who I do think will show Floyd what a truly innovative fighter can do to a smoothie like Mayweather. It's a question of whether or not Manny can get to him- if he hits Mayweather early he'll spend the rest of the fight on his bicycle. I also don't think Mayweather is sure he can beat Manny, which will likely be the first time Mayweather has stepped into a ring feeling that way in a very long time.
    “You can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her think.” Dorothy Parker

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    31-12-2020 @ 05:03 AM
    Mayweather-utter [at][at][at][at], I'd love to see Manny smash his face in. Look at the ridiculous dickhead here, with his ridiculous dickhead mate 50 cent:

What a pair of pricks.

Last Online
    @
    Mayweather and his team have been hiding from Manny for years, putting no end of ridiculous obstacles in the way - because they know it's a one-fight only deal once Manny smacks the shit out of him.

Last Online
    15-03-2021 @ 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I can't take this cocksucker seriously when he keeps running scared from Manny Pacquiao.
    He isn't running scared. Pacman won't agree to the terms of the strict pre fight drug testing Mayweather wants.

Last Online
    @
    I was taught to defend myself at all times.

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    Fuck this nigger trashbag. Fuck them all.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    ^Drug testing, what a crock. What a lame-ass excuse.

Just watched the "knockout." Mayweather is a punk. It is going to be fun watching Pacman spank him.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by robuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post

Mayweather is a great fighter and a total asshole. I doubt I'll put money on an eventual Manny-Floyd fight because the odds will be too close in any case, favoring Manny, who I do think will show Floyd what a truly innovative fighter can do to a smoothie like Mayweather. It's a question of whether or not Manny can get to him- if he hits Mayweather early he'll spend the rest of the fight on his bicycle. I also don't think Mayweather is sure he can beat Manny, which will likely be the first time Mayweather has stepped into a ring feeling that way in a very long time.
    yup, and he's excellent at riding his bicycle too. that said ortiz was hitting mayweather and he's not as quick as manny. i think Manny can win, but, i think a lot of peoples dislike for Mayweather clouds their judgement re this matchup.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    I can't take this cocksucker seriously when he keeps running scared from Manny Pacquiao.
    He isn't running scared. Pacman won't agree to the terms of the strict pre fight drug testing Mayweather wants.
    Horse shit. Let WADA deal with the drug testing. Pretty Gay Boy is just trying to load the fight in his favour.

Last Online
    14-08-2012 @ 10:47 PM
    think Mayweather would drop Manny the Pinoy Pee Pee Boy

Last Online
    28-03-2015 @ 04:31 PM
    If PBF and Pacman get it on within the next 12 months or so I personally will be having a lumpy bet on Mayweather.

His style will be perfect for Mayweather.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by CB79 View Post
    If PBF and Pacman get it on within the next 12 months or so I personally will be having a lumpy bet on Mayweather.

His style will be perfect for Mayweather.
    What, wading through the jabs and pounding the shit out of him?

Perfect for a TKO at least.
    Mayweather proclaims 'I never dodge anybody' but he certainly ducked the question of Pacquiao’s declared willingness to submit to random blood testing for performance enhancing drugs.
    That has been Mayweather's pre-condition for accepting the challenge of trying to prove himself the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world but now he is rambling on about Pacquiao needing to sort out his business affairs.

It may not be long before he demands that the PacMan leaves his own former promoter, Bob Arum.
    Mayweather is a control freak. As such he is as oblivious to the impression all this gives is that he is avoiding Pacquiao as he was to the boos which condemned his unsportsmanlike pretence at accepting Ortiz’s apology for a headbutt only to knock him out while his hands were down at his side.

The widespread public revulsion at that and his insulting of the iconic 80-year-old HBO television commentator Larry Merchant will be so much sweat off his back.

Such is the economic reality of pay-per-view boxing that the publicity will only boost his box office earnings even higher than the £13m-£16million he is guaranteed for his four rounds of action this weekend.

The depressing reality is that Money Mayweather can afford to string Pacquiao and Khan along by imposing virtually impossible conditions, while continuing to make a fortune.
    I tell you, the fucking poof is running scared.

In Uranus
    Last Online
    @
    Mayweather is a hip hop rap chicken shit coward. Period.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    03-10-2022 @ 11:24 AM
    Nah, Mayweather is a smart dude, just letting interest (and money) build up to a crescendo before signing for the fight with Paquiao. He has perfected this obnoxious persona to wind people up and put bums on seats / ppv. He is also one of the best technical boxers that ever lived. A total defensive genius, yet with a 60% knockout ratio on his (perfect) stats; due to amazing speed and technique, rather than full-on power.
    He made the fight with Ortiz because Ortiz is also a southpaw and the closest in styles to Pacman at this weight and elite level of boxing right now.-Deffo in preparation for the fight to cement his legacy as an all-time great, by defeating Paquiao, which I think he will..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information