View Single Post
Old 15-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #3867 (permalink)
Mr Lick
Tongue and Groove Devotee

Mr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand ExpatMr Lick Thailand Expat
Talks between Alan Shearer and Cardiff City break down

Talks between Alan Shearer and Cardiff City over the managerial vacancy at the Championship club broke down on Tuesday.

The former England captain said: "I can confirm that I was one of the candidates that the club spoke to about the vacant manager's position at Cardiff City. During these talks I was most impressed with the vision, ambition and determination of the owner, Dato Chan Tien Ghee, and the board. Unfortunately those talks were unsuccessful on this occasion. Cardiff City is a great club and I wish them every success next season."

Shearer, who is keen to get back into management, two years after his short spell in charge of Newcastle ended in their relegation to the Championship, had been the bookies' favourite to take over at the Welsh club, who sacked Dave Jones following their defeat by Reading in the semi-finals of the Championship play-offs last month.
Mr Lick is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05311 seconds with 19 queries