Page 60 of 837 FirstFirst ... 1050525354555657585960616263646566676870110160560 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 20904
    Last Online
    @
    And more new projects from CBS:

Finally CBS has joined in on the pilot pickup action.

The network just picked up 'Person of Interest,' a thriller from 'Lost' co-creator J.J. Abrams and Jonah Nolan. They also gave the green light to sitcom 'Two Broke Girls' starring Kat Dennings.

'Person of Interest' follows an ex-CIA agent "who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes" in New York City, says Entertainment Weekly.

'Lost' veteran Michael Emerson is set to star alongside Oscar nominee Taraji P. Henson. The show is Abrams' second pickup of the week, with Fox ordering a full season of his other in-development mystery series, 'Alcatraz.'

'Two Broke Girls' stars 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' actress Kat Dennings as one of the titular broke girls trying to live the dream in Brooklyn. The show is from 'Sex and the City' writer Michael Patrick King and comedian Whitney Cummings.

Dan
    I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a fucking teaspoon than watch either of those. It's a distant dream, but it'd be nice if TV producers didn't target every programme at an audience composed soley of retarded 6-year olds who've run out of Ritalin.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a fucking teaspoon than watch either of those. It's a distant dream, but it'd be nice if TV producers didn't target every programme at an audience composed soley of retarded 6-year olds who've run out of Ritalin.
    I must admit, I actually enjoyed "Lost" at first until I realised it described the scriptwriters story thread.

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by 9999
    Anyone watched it who hasn't read the books? Do you know WTF is going on in the plot?
    Yep, I'm watching it and I haven't read the book. As far as I know, I know whats going on.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    it'd be nice if TV producers didn't target every programme at an audience composed soley of retarded 6-year olds who've run out of Ritalin.
    They're not going to when it's targeted at an American audience.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    21-07-2019 @ 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan View Post
    Poms in Paradise.
    A series detailing the poms that have left their previous loves in dreary land to emigrate to OZ.
    Showing just how their standard of life has improved dramatically since they discovered sun, lovely scenery, outdoor life and pleasant neighbors.
    I watched it, and it almost made me balk, watching that silly moo from Surrey. How far was she up her own arse? Other than that, it looked like a good show. Ive got plenty of pals who have moved to Aus, and all are doing great. I`d consider moving there. Flights to Thailand should be cheaper for a start.
    I aint superstitious, but I know when somethings wrong
    I`ve been dragging my heels with a bitch called hope
    Let the undercurrent drag me along.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by astasinim View Post
    Poms in Paradise.
    A series detailing the poms that have left their previous loves in dreary land to emigrate to OZ.
    Showing just how their standard of life has improved dramatically since they discovered sun, lovely scenery, outdoor life and pleasant neighbors.
    I watched it, and it almost made me balk, watching that silly moo from Surrey. How far was she up her own arse? Other than that, it looked like a good show. Ive got plenty of pals who have moved to Aus, and all are doing great. I`d consider moving there. Flights to Thailand should be cheaper for a start.
    God knows why they'd choose the Gold Coast though. It's full of the dregs of Aussie citizenry as well as most of New Zealand.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    It's full of the dregs of Aussie citizenry as well as most of New Zealand.
    You would know having had the extensive experience of 2 days in Perth.
    I on the other hand have lived there for a couple of yrs and as you know my Mother still lives there.
    The GC does have more than its fair share of tosspots, but our friends and associates over there are some of the most peasant people I know.
    Being retired gives one the luxury of being free to choose the people you socialize with.
    There can’t be good living where there is not good drinking

sabaii sabaii
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    Neighbours ? everybody needs good neighbours,just a friendly wave each morning

but would'nt moving to Oz mean you're gonna be living next door to some drunken abnoxious Aussie Galar

P.S What's a Galar ?

sabaii sabaii
    Originally Posted by 9999
    Anyone watched it who hasn't read the books? Do you know WTF is going on in the plot?

Kind of, but if you've read the book, doesn't that take all the intrigue out of it ?

P.S What happens to the midget ?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    It's full of the dregs of Aussie citizenry as well as most of New Zealand.
    You would know having had the extensive experience of 2 days in Perth.
    I on the other hand have lived there for a couple of yrs and as you know my Mother still lives there.
    The GC does have more than its fair share of tosspots, but our friends and associates over there are some of the most peasant people I know.
    Being retired gives one the luxury of being free to choose the people you socialize with.
    Actually, that annoying woman should fit in quite well. The daughter is enjoying the Aussie pies as well. I reckon the husband should make a run for it though, but he doesn't seem the sharpest tool in the box.

I noticed the life-saver from Wales has had the lobotomy, as he can't make the distinction between a statement and a sentence any more.

sabaii sabaii
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan
    but our friends and associates over there are some of the most peasant people I know.
    bet their happy though

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I just downloaded the social network and watched that, it's pretty good although I wouldn't actually be willing to pay to see it, just got to hope me and my chicken don't get exposed.

Last Online
    @
    IN: 3 new Reality Shows!
    'H8ER' -- which is a horrible name, by the way -- "gives celebrities face time with their most vicious detractors (who eventually come around, we're guessing)." Well, we hope so, otherwise isn't that what Twitter wars are for?

Then there's 'The Frame,' which is basically like 'Big Brother' but in one room: it's "a 'Truman Show'–like real-time competition series in which teams of two are isolated in small rooms, with their life broadcast on TV and the net as they compete against each other." Sounds ... claustrophobic.

And there's also 'Re-Modeled,' which follows modeling industry vet Paul Fisher as he creates The Network, a one-stop-shop behemoth agency that consolidates hundreds of regional modeling agencies.

ALSO IN: a few familiar faces
    'The Ringer' marks Sarah Michelle Gellar's return to the small screen in a dual role as a rich woman running from the mob and her troubled twin sister. The actress formerly known as Buffy the Vampire Slayer appeared on The WB from 1997 to 2001 and UPN from 2001 to 2003, coincidentally those two networks merged to become The CW in 2006. The new pilot was originally commissioned by CBS, but in an interesting twist ended up getting picked up by its sister network.

'Hart of Dixie' brings Rachel Bilson back to TV as the lead in the Josh Schwartz-produced dramedy as a big city doctor who inherits a medical practice in a small Southern town. Bilson has guested on shows like 'Chuck' and 'How I Met Your Mother' since ending her four-season run as spoiled rich girl Summer Roberts on 'The O.C.' in 2007, but this will be her first leading role.

'Secret Circle' brings us Britt Robertson, from the recently-canceled 'Life Unexpected,' as Cassie Blake, a teen girl who moves to a small town and finds out she's a witch. The show is based on a novel by 'The Vampire Diaries' author L.J. Smith, and is written and executive produced by 'The Vampire Diaries' TV mastermind Kevin Williamson.

OUT: Hellcats.
    The on-the-bubble show wasn't very lucky. 'Hellcats,' the cheerleading drama starring Aly Michalka and Ashley Tisdale, was canceled.

RENEWED:
    'One Tree Hill' was picked up for a 13-episode ninth (and presumably final) season. The network has also given freshman drama 'Nikita' the green light for a second season.

With the exception of James Lafferty, the entire 'OTH' cast has signed on for next year, though a source told Zap2It that the actor will likely return for at least a few episodes in a guest-starring capacity.

'Nikita,' which saw a creative upswing toward the end of season 1, will get another year to tell the story of Nikita's quest to bring down Division.

Last Online
    @
    While ‘House‘ fans are excited to see the medical drama live on for another year, it will now be doing so without one of its leading stars. As first reported by TV Line, Lisa Edelstein, who plays Dr. Lisa Cuddy on the show, is not coming back for another season. While some may label this a “blow” to the series, it is not unfamiliar territory for aging shows. Not to worry folks, the rest of the main cast (including Hugh Laurie) are booked for next season.

House was ‘on the bubble’ quite a while this season, its fate was not dependent on ratings but rather on finances. Is this show viable to go on for another 20+ episode season? It was eventually renewed a day before FOX announced cancellations of a handful of shows, and was recently mentioned in FOX’s 2011-12 Schedule (see our thoughts). There has been no comment from any camp on where the show will go from here on Cuddy’s story arc. While perhaps her exit is mentioned in the finale, it’s doubtful as the episodes were produced weeks ago.

On more positive news (depending on how you take it), CBS has been reported to have renewed a good bulk of their freshman shows, most were pretty much guaranteed. While no formal announcement has been made, it seems like Blue Bloods, The Good Wife, Mike & Molly, and Hawaii Five-O are all set to return for sophomore seasons. All but Blue Bloods were pretty much set to return, but Tom Selleck will remain on television.

CBS has officially confirmed that CSI: NY will return next season after some doubt that it would end its lengthy run this year. Having made the move to Friday, the show has done quite well for Friday standards but has lost some of its audience from the transition. In disappointing news, CBS has cancelled the Forest Whitaker headlined spinoff to Criminal Minds – Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior. The show only lasted one season.

CBS loves to do spinoffs, having seen success with both CSI and NCIS, but Criminal Minds just couldn’t get it going. Are you sad to see it go? The network will formally announce all its new programs and confirm what shows are coming back tomorrow, we’ll keep you posted.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    ^ Come on Harry. What can you tell me about a 3rd season of "V" happening?
    It's really shit (acting wise), but I love it.

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    Yep, I like a bit of V also. As shit as it is.

The Pikey Hunter
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    ‘on the bubble’
    are all set to return for sophomore seasons.
    What fucking language are you speaking? What the fuck does 'on the bubble' mean?

Dislocated Member

Last Online
    @
    A couple of good comedies I've watched recently.

Tropic Thunder looks cack but is stupidly funny.
    Tucker and Dale vs Evil ^as above..

Last Online
    @
    Watched an interesting documentary yesterday called 'Divorce - Iran Style'.

Not new but very interesting.

Can be watched here. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7740102230188#

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    ‘on the bubble’
    are all set to return for sophomore seasons.
    What fucking language are you speaking? What the fuck does 'on the bubble' mean?
    I'm guessing it's 'Merkin, Gerbil. Haven't got a fucking clue. I would have thought it was obvious to the most retarded cretin that I didn't actually write it.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^ Come on Harry. What can you tell me about a 3rd season of "V" happening?
    It's really shit (acting wise), but I love it.
    Bad news I'm afraid:

Cancelled

Dislocated Member

Last Online
    @
    13 Assassins Jap samurai film with hard coded Eng subs.. bit slow but good action.

Last edited by ItsRobsLife; 22-05-2011 at 03:48 AM. Reason: add link

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Bad news I'm afraid: Cancelled
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

There were loads of loose-ends to tie up.

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    Hopefully some other network will pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogon
    There were loads of loose-ends to tie up.
    I know, I thought I was right on the verge of an alien, mother/daughter 3 way with Anna and Blondie.

Page 60 of 837 FirstFirst ... 1050525354555657585960616263646566676870110160560 ... LastLast

Thread Information