Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Geordie Girls "howay Man, Its Not Cold"

'Howay man, it's not cold!' As Britain shivers, Newcastle girls prove they're not frightened of a bit of snow

By Lewis Bazley
    Last updated at 7:02 PM on 29th November 2010

Temperatures have plunged across the UK, with roads blocked, school closures and heavy snow blanketing huge swathes of the country.

Not that you'd know it from these bracing pictures of female revellers in Newcastle city centre this weekend.

A passenger jet had overshot a runway at the city's airport on Thursday but on Saturday night the girls pictured showed they didn't mind some fog on the Tyne, or snow in the Bigg Market.

Who needs a coat? Partygoers hit the town in snowy Newcastle at the weekend

The north-east city's racecourse was closed on Saturday after at least six inches of snow fell and Chelsea FC were unable to fly home from their away draw with Newcastle United on Sunday due to the poor weather conditions.

But the cold winds and icy streets were no obstacle for city centre partygoers on Saturday night, as ladies hit the town in the skimpiest of outfits.

Newcastle's women were voted the sexiest in the UK in a 2009 survey and it seemed that the possibility of a coat ruining their revealing outfits was more frightening than freezing to death or having a painful skid on the slippery pavements.

Let's gan doon the Toon: Girls trudge through the snow and ice in Newcastle

No, I'm not cold, honestly: Geordie lasses try to keep warm on a chilly evening

According to new research, Northern women wear skirts that are on average 17cm shorter than those worn in the south.
    SKIRT LENGTHS: HOW THEY MEASURE

• Edinburgh 30cm
    • Preston/Glasgow 32cm
    • Liverpool 33cm
    • Newcastle/Blackpool 34cm
    • Manchester 36cm
    • Norwich 42cm
    • Reading 44cm
    • Canterbury/Southampton 46cm
    • Bournemouth 47cm

Even in the cold weather, short skirts remain the trend in Newcastle, with sales of mini skirts rising by 28 per cent at one Newcastle store in the last month.

Renowned as one of the friendliest parts of the UK, the Tyne and Wear region is also famed for its bracing weather and locals' apparent imperviousness to cold.

Controversial comedian Jimmy Carr once joked that 'owns a coat' could be used as a put-down in Newcastle and as girls hit the town in cowboy hats, sailor outfits and barely-there dresses, the city's reputation for wearing skimpy clothing whatever the weather looks hard to argue with.

So ingrained is the concept of Geordies' hardiness that researchers last year investigated whether Newcastle natives had naturally thicker skin than their southern counterparts.

Linda Conlon, chief executive of the Centre for Life, said: ‘We decided to investigate the reputation Geordies have for not wearing a coat in even the worst weather.

‘Is there a possible genetic reason for our bravery or is it simply because we like to show off our finery on a night out?’

Cowgirl in the cold: A reveller struggles with the slippery Newcastle streets

Whether the Geordie lasses can continue to defy the cold for the next few weeks remains to be seen, with forecasters warning of another fortnight of sub-zero temperatures.

Michael Dukes, of MeteoGroup, predicted readings of minus 20C in some parts of Scotland this week.

‘You are seeing some ridiculously low temperatures – like the middle of Scandinavia,’ he said.

‘This is certainly an extraordinary cold snap.’

Scotland and the north-east have been the worst affected by the wintry weather so far and police have advised people to stay inside for all but essential travel.

Read more: 'Howay pet, it's not cold!' As Britain shivers, Newcastle girls prove they're not frightened of a bit of snow | Mail Online

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-01-2019 @ 09:21 AM

have a look at the size of those heifers no wonder they can't feel the cold.

FarangRed
    Frozen Pussy

I am in Jail

Last Online
    22-10-2011 @ 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo746
    have a look at the size of those heifers no wonder they can't feel the cold.
    They're the perfect example of why we're all over here, fat over weight sweaty pussie even in sub zero temperatures!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    looking at the pics, there is not question in my mind why there are so many Brits spending time in Thai and hooking up with some of the local talent. Who goes out in the snow without a coat on anyway?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    17-12-2010 @ 12:06 PM
    They're protected by blubber.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by keda
    They're protected by blubber.
    spot on Keda, look like whales as well.

Last Online
    22-05-2014 @ 12:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post

Newcastle's women were voted the sexiest in the UK in a 2009 survey...

Really?

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    for the bull necked, shaven headed, pot bellied, drunken ,blotchy skinned, pug nosed mr potato faced rooney lookalikes that represent british manhood in uk town centres on a saturday night, these girls are good matches.

no shortage of pretty girls in the uk, but you wont find them rampaging through town centres dressed like dockside whores.

Newcastle women 'sexiest' in BritainLondon | July 04, 2009 428 PM IST

Women from Newcastle, home of 'Girls Aloud' star Cheryl Cole, have been voted as the 'sexiest' in Britain.
    The Newcastle women pushed the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]London[/COLOR][/COLOR] babes down to second spot with [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Bristol[/COLOR][/COLOR] coming at the third.
    Liverpool women came in fourth in the survey of 2,578 men under the age of 30, followed by those from [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Manchester[/COLOR][/COLOR]

"Newcastle was the clear winner. And if all the girls up there look like Cheryl you can see why," the Telegraph quoted a spokesman for OPoll.com, who carried out the survey as saying.
    "Cheryl is a stunning example of the Geordie woman. She is jaw-droppingly beautiful and has a warm-hearted personality to go with it.
    "But the poll isn't good news for [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Birmingham[/COLOR][/COLOR] i'm afraid," he added.
    Birmingham women were voted as the ugliest, followed by Glasgow coming the second.
    Cities with the sexiest women:
    1.[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Newcastle[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    2.London
    3.Bristol
    4.Liverpool
    5.Manchester
    6.Cardiff
    7.Nottingham
    8.Cambridge
    9.Leeds
    10.Oxford (ANI)

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Good Lord, did Newcastle suffer from some sort of radiation leak that deformed the populace in horrible and disfiguring ways?

Last Online
    12-10-2017 @ 01:56 PM
    Love it. And I would say only 3 out of 8 girls pictured are overweight. How many expats living in Thailand would be hypocrites for calling a western woman 'fat'? The majority I've seen in CM certainly aren't trim.

Last Online
    @
    Have you ever been to Tynemouth? You have to stay with the pack, since these horrible hags only take the weak and the old.

They dance around their handbags and all sorts. I thought The Fat Slags in Viz was a parody, but they could almost do it as a photo strip.

R.I.P
    Last Online
    25-09-2014 @ 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile
    the survey of 2,578 men under the age of 30,

A national survey of under 30 lads wearing beer goggles doesn't exactly breed confidence in their suitablity to focus on the finer points of a lady's charm.

Nostradamus
    Quote Originally Posted by SEA Traveler
    looking at the pics, there is not question in my mind why there are so many Brits spending time in Thai and hooking up with some of the local talent
    Even the "heifers" in the picture probably wouldn't go with most of the Brits that end up in Thailand!

I'm in Jail
    Last Online
    12-06-2021 @ 11:13 PM
    when I see those pics, I can understand why all British men are fucking gay !!!

jesus, what a bunch of horrible cows. That one on the right look like "Predator"

:shiver:

Last Online
    12-12-2012 @ 07:16 AM
    I think it's a bit unfair to say that all Brits are gay. Just that some have different tastes. And there really is no need to travel all the way to Thailand if you want to find a prostitute in the UK.

For example, this 'working girl' who is also featured in today's Daily Mail. She's a spritely 82 years young and still going strong. She supplements her pension with the 250 GBP / hour she gets from servicing British guys who cant get enough of an experienced woman.

The Cat
    ^ Is that wayne's latest conquest?

I am in Jail

Last Online
    22-10-2011 @ 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    when I see those pics, I can understand why all British men are fucking gay !!!
    "pupa" a very bold and profound statement to make indeed although everyone knows your just trolling.

However nobody's going to bite on idiotic posts like yours (anyone educated and or sane that is!) so go back to your microscopic introverted little cocoon and dream up something original.

P.S. I seem to remember not so long there was avid speculation re your own personal sexuality (something about ladyboys?) ...and remember there's much truth in the old saying "it takes one to recognise one".

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Nice to see society opening up towards the acceptance of Katoeys.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Good Lord.....I go puke now.

Last Online
    @
    They are hard as nails though. You'd definitely want them on your side in a fight. I can never understand what they're on about though, most of them can't speak English.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-07-2020 @ 01:48 PM
    Chuck em a bone.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-12-2022 @ 12:25 PM
    OH my Bhudddda..!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Whats up with you bunch of picky arsed geezers, any one of these chicks would give you a real comfy ride, it'd be like fucking on a water bed

Nostradamus
    ^ two blokes could f*ck that blond at the same time and still never meet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information