Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FarangRed

Phuket Manhunt for Expat Killer:

Phuket Manhunt for Expat Killer: Englishman Knifes American to Death After Fight in Bar

By Chutima Sidasathian and Sert Tongdee

oday's Updating Report
    AN ENGLISHMAN and an American fell out and fought a drunken brawl at a bar on Phuket early today - and the Englishman later stabbed the American to death.

A manhunt is now being conducted on the tropical holiday island for the killer, who is on the run and possibly dangerous.

Police named the dead American man today as Dashawn Longfellow, 23. Officers say they know the English suspect only as ''Mr Lee.''

n the first accounts of what took place, officers say the two men, both muay Thai kickboxing exponents, met for the first time when they both went to the toilet at the Freedom Bar, a well-known haunt for expats in Rawai, the southern beach resort.

In the toilet, police say other patrons in the bar told them, the American bragged about his strength, without knowing that the Englishman was also a muay Thai exponent.

The two engaged in a drunken fight and the American won. Police said that about 4.30am, the American left the bar and rode his motorcycle to the Ya Nui Resort, in a quiet part of the island.

About 5am, police believe, the Englishman caught up with the American at the resort and stabbed the American twice.

Police across the whole of Phuket are hunting for the Englishman. Phuket International Airport and the Tachatchai checkpoint before the only road exit off Phuket were said to be under tight security. Checks are also likely to be made of vessels leaving Phuket by sea.

Another expat American, former US Navy officer Ronald Fanelli, faces a murder charge over the killing of a Phuket bar hostess earlier this year. He has admitted to stabbing her twice and stuffing her naked body into a travel bag that he dumped by an isolated roadway.

Bars on Phuket are supposed to close at 2am but there is a tacit understanding in some parts of the island that holidaymakers and expat residents can drink on until much later.

loob lor geezer
    Last Online
    02-05-2019 @ 08:05 AM
    I remember a former employer of mine believing that Phuket attracted a better class of tourist compared to Pattaya. I think he would have to agree that Phuket has well and truly caught up.

FarangRed
    I was on my way to the beach this morning 6-30am I wondered what the police were doing flying about they were everywhere

FarangRed
    Dashawn Longfellow, 23: Stabbed to death after a fight in a bar
    Photo by phuketwan.com

better looking than Ned
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FarangRed
    the American bragged about his strength
    Strange that a Americian with tickets on himself

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    22-02-2012 @ 03:37 PM
    Dashawn= negro.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^Correct. Da for males - La for females. Dashawn. Dajohn. Latoya. Lateesha. And on and on.

Last Online
    @
    Why don't you include a link in the OP so I can go and have a look at the story on the website rather than having to google it?

Last Online
    28-02-2020 @ 11:00 AM
    Yep Them Merkin Names Always Give Me A Giggle

FarangRed
    Bars on Phuket are supposed to close at 2am but there is a tacit understanding in some parts of the island that holidaymakers and expat residents can drink on until much later."

Only if the Bar Owner makes a monthly donation to the local constabulary.

Philippine Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^^^Not supposed to sound like Merkin 'slave' names. Negroes think if you put La or Da in front, it becomes African. They aren't real bright.......

Last Online
    @
    Rawai is noted for its slightly Bohemian edge

FarangRed
    I'll find out more when I go to the bar later, not going to the same bar see what the gossip is

FarangRed
    I'd like to know how the BIB are sure it was the English man stabbed him did somebody see him on the resort?

How did the English guy know which unit he was staying in, there are 40 units on that resort

sabaii sabaii
    Cowardly Act!!!!

sabaii sabaii
    Quote Originally Posted by ted View Post
    Looks like a wog to me with an American sounding surname

Ted what is it with you and all this racism?

Did you get gang fukked as a kid by a load of em ?

FarangRed
    Phuket 'Killer Brit' suspect named

WANTED: British murder suspect Lee Aldhouse, pictured above, is sought by police for the fatal stabbing of American Dashawn Longfellow in Phuket.

PHUKET: Chalong police have confirmed the identity of the prime suspect in the brutal stabbing death of American Muay Thai trainee Dashawn Longfellow in the early hours this morning.

Case Officer Anukul Nookate confirmed to the Gazette that British Muay Thai fighter Lee Aldhouse, 28, is being sought for arrest in the murder of Mr Longfellow at his room at the Ya Nui 2 resort near Ya Nui Beach.

For the previous report, click here.

Mr Longfellow's girlfriend, “Oi”, told the Gazette that he had come on his motorbike to pick her up from work at the Freedom Bar in Rawai at around 1am today.

When he arrived, he had a couple of beers while he waited for her to finish up work, which is usually around 2am, she said.

At some point, Mr Longfellow went to the restroom where he found the entrance to the toilet blocked by Mr Aldhouse and a fight ensued, Ms Oi said.

According to witnesses, Mr Longfellow got the best of his opponent in the brawl before it was broken up by bar patrons and staff.

Ms Oi said that after the fight, the American took her back to his room and left again shortly after to go to a 7-Eleven.

Mr Aldhouse – seeing Mr Longfellow enter and leave the Rawai 7-Eleven – went into the convenience store and obtained two knives and followed his victim home. Police neither confirmed nor denied eyewitness reports that the knives were stolen from the convenience store.

As Mr Longfellow returned home and opened the door to his room, Ms Oi saw the Brit approach her boyfriend from behind.

She said, “At first it didn't look like he [Aldhouse] had anything. We didn't know he had a knife because his hands were in his pockets”. She said a fistfight began between the American and the Brit and the latter pulled out a knife and stabbed Mr Longfellow twice in the chest.

Ms Oi said that her boyfriend rushed inside and shut the door to protect her from the murderous Mr Aldhouse. Ms Oi called the police and an ambulance, but it was too late to save Mr Longfellow.

Police are currently searching for Mr Aldhouse, a Muay Thai fighter who has lived in Thailand for several years and is based in Rawai.

Mr Aldhouse was scheduled to fight former world champion and long term Phuket resident Jomhod Kiatadisak at the grand opening of the Bangla Boxing Stadium last year but pulled out of the fight at the last minute due to injury.

Mr Longfellow, a US Marine, had been in Phuket following a combat injury sustained in Afghanistan, friends said.

Ms Oi said her boyfriend, whom she had been together with for three months, was a friendly, nice and funny guy with many friends.Phuket Gazette

Last Online
    15-08-2010 @ 11:45 PM
    I thought i could just walk away from this nonsense, but it kept eating at me, so i had to register here just to give a few of you a piece of my mind...

what is the matter with you people? this young man's senseless murder is tearing his family apart. Dashawn was a MARINE. he had ptsd from his TOURS in Afghanistan. i cannot believe anyone could be so callous!!

Davis
    nedwalk
    pol

shame on you guys. you don't even KNOW the kid. the scum who killed him probably has better manners than you three.

what does it MATTER what color he is? did he give himself his name? no, his MOTHER did. His MOTHER who is sitting across town dying a little bit inside...

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @

Phuket Lee Aldhouse

An earlier report about the killer from Phuket wan on April 23rd 2010

Hit-run victim Lee Aldhouse shows his wounds to a Phuket police officer
    Photo by Sert Tongdee

Phuket Hit-Run Driver Downs American, Then Flees

By Sert Tongdee
    Friday, April 23, 2010
    POLICE are keen to hear from witnesses in the hope of pursuing a hit-run driver who knocked an American from his motorcycle today in southern Phuket and sped off without slowing.

Lee Aldhouse, 28, reported the incident to Chalong police and showed an officer his wounds.

Unfortunately he could not remember the make or color of the pick-up and did not get the opportunity to see its registration number.

Mr Aldhouse as on his way to a fitness centre for a workout about 10.30am when the pick-up, travelling towards Chalong Circle from Rawai, knocked him flying near the new set of traffic lights at the t-junction turn-off to Nai Harn.

People at the Seven-11 on the corner may have been witnesses. Mr Aldhouse, who has an interest in an investment in a small resort, is hoping the hit-run driver of the vehicle can be caught and punished.

better looking than Ned
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wonthaveit
    what is the matter with you people?
    I think its the warm weather and Chang beer

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    ^I think it was the will of allah, making up for all those innocent dead Afghans.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Mr Aldhouse. . .is hoping the hit-run driver of the vehicle can be caught and punished.
    Perhaps they'll meet again in the Crossbar Hotel.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    19-12-2015 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    ^I think it was the will of allah, making up for all those innocent dead Afghans.
    Low blow, Americans join the military to find work. They are promptly brainwashed after joining and as such aren't really any more responsible for the deaths of Afghans than the busboys at Windows on the World were responsible for US support of Israel.

One young man has had his life cut short and another is about to. Not much to be happy about.
    “You can lead a horticulture but you can’t make her think.” Dorothy Parker

FarangRed
    Uptill last night they had not caught him I remember the same guy was boxing in another bar in Rawai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information