Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @

Paedo Runs Kids Charity In Cambodia

PAEDO RUNS KIDS CHARITY IN CAMBODIA
    Andrew Drummond; Justin Penrose
    20/06/2010

Brit, 65, exploits poor girls

They are known as the rubbish dump kids... starving children who scavenge for scraps of food on a toxic mountain of waste.

He is a former hairdresser who runs a "charity" in Cambodia inviting you to send him money to save them.

David Fletcher, 65, appears to be the Good Samaritan, feeding hundreds of children who affectionately know him as "Papa".

But Fletcher hides a dark secret - he was jailed in Britain for the statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl and videoing the horrific crime.

He now uses the guise of his unregistered charity in Cambodia - where he fled to six years ago - to spend every day with little girls, some as young as eight. The pervert raises money from tourists who believe they are providing food and shelter for the hundreds of poor and hungry children.

But a Sunday Mirror investigation can reveal how Fletcher has become worryingly close to a number of young girls - and spoke to our investigators of an eight-year-old he calls his "favourite little girl".

Fletcher has even bought himself a 17-year-old Cambodian bride for £150 who he met on the dump - sold by her own mother to pay off debts. Genuine charities are so concerned they attempted to outbid him to keep the girl out of his clutches.

The Sunday Mirror joined Fletcher for one of his tours to the rancid rubbish tip on the outskirts of the capital Phnom Penh. We met him at the Flora Bar where he had his hand inside the bra of a young Cambodian hostess and was happy to tell us: "She's shaven, you know. That's how I like them. No pubic hair. I prefer Cambodian girls. I tried Thailand first... went there for years, but here it's much better.

They're more needy. You just have to be a little careful. I know I am being watched."

He added: "My two grown-up sons have disowned me. They did not like the fact that my girlfriends were younger than theirs. Who cares? It's their loss."

Fletcher was convicted at Norwich Crown Court in July 1997 of the statutory rape of a 15-year-old girl who he had plied with champagne and offered £250 for sex.

He also admitted possessing offensive weapons. He was jailed for 18 months. At a series of hair -dressing salons in Cambridge and Saffron Walden. When he was released from jail, he fled Britain.

When asked about his conviction he was unapologetic, saying: "Oh yes. She was just my girlfriend. They caught me. I just did it ahead of her 16th birthday. People will stoop very low to say bad things about me."

Fletcher runs the Rubbish Dump Project and has a website which tells the moving story of Phnom Penh's garbage dump kids. He invites readers to send donations to his private bank account and claims every penny is spent on the children.

The Sunday Mirror signed up for a tour of the dump and handed over US$50, the amount Fletcher says will feed 150 children.

When we got to the garbage mountain at Stung Meanchey on the outskirts of the capital he took a cream bun and some fruit to "my favourite little girl". With his tuk-tuk driver he dished out fruit to more than 100 desperate children amid the stench. The slum families try to survive on what they can scavenge, so flock to him when he has food.

The pervert preys on their desperation, building up the children's trust - including his 17-year-old bride to-be Yang Dany, who he met at the tip. We accompanied him to Yang Dany's home with a special bag of goodies for her mum. "I'm planning to marry her when the time is right," he said. "Where can a man like me get a girl like this?"

Earlier in the day our investigators saw British-born Scott Neeson, who runs the respected charity Cambodian Children's Fund, try to persuade Yang Dany's mother to change her mind about letting her daughter marry Fletcher.

Inside the corrugated shack in Dhamnak Thom Village No. 1, Mr Neeson, tried to negotiate with the mother.

Khaeng Sokun, 58, lost her first husband and baby twin daughters in the "Killing Fields" of the Khmer Rouge.

Now she is about to unwittingly give her daughter to a convicted British paedophile for £150 ($200) to help clear her debts.

She said: "But we owe $600. How else can I pay this off? Dany wants to help her family. Her future husband is a good man. She feels sorry for him. He comes here and gives everybody food." Scott says he will help the family with their debts and begs her to reconsider.

Scott, 51, said: "People like Fletcher are a continuous source of worry. There is little doubt Fletcher devotes his time here to befriending young girls.

"He tells their parents he wants to adopt them, care for them. They think because he gives out food he is good. But he is grooming them.

"The fact is that these children can be bought. It's difficult to stop it. The British Embassy have been told about Fletcher. Many organisations have files on him, but nothing has happened."

The abuse of children by foreigners in Cambodia is hampered by institutionalised corruption in a one-party state run by Hun Sen, who has locked up opposition leader Sam Rainsy.

Cambodia has become the favoured destination for paedophiles after several crackdowns on sex tourism by the authorities in neighbouring Thailand.

Last week the Sunday Mirror revealed that teacher Gary Robcoy became the first Brit to be deported from Thailand because of his paedo convictions in the UK. In contrast only a handful of foreign tourists languish in Cambodian jails for sex offences, despite a thriving child sex industry. Police take pay-offs to release foreigners on child sexual abuse charges and most cases are settled with cash payments to victims.

Fletcher used to run his charity from a bar called "Bogie and Bacall" but the two Australian colleagues he had quickly left. One of them, Ross Wright, said: "We decided to go our own way. He never once showed us the bank account into which donations were going. There were tens of thousands of dollars coming in. Cash was being donated by Rotary Clubs and big private donors. We also had complaints of him being too familiar with young girls."

Fletcher is now being investigated by Britain's Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, which has officers in South East Asia.

Ceop, part of the Serious and Organised Crime Agency, has established a presence there in the last two years and is working with Cambodian police. A spokesman said: "We are aware of complaints about David Fletcher and have been in discussion with the authorities."

THE DUMP CHILDREN

The hundreds of rubbish tip children of Stung Meanchey dump are among the most vulnerable in the world. Working 14 hours a day scavenging anything of value, they earn around 15p a day.

Their health frequently suffers as clouds of methane gas are emitted from the site. The 100-acre dump is up to five metres deep. The authorities have closed the area to more rubbish, but the children have nowhere else to go.

mirror.co.uk
    Last edited by Mid; 20-06-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Last Online
    20-03-2011 @ 07:45 PM
    Gee, grown men having sex with presumably sexually mature, consenting ( statutory notwithstanding ) 15 yo's is now a "horrific crime ".

Sorry, I don't call that pedophilia, just basic animal reproductive instinct " Young and fertile.." I bet plenty of men would do the same.

All this recent hysteria about older men with younger women, so what? Seems like it just feeds into a sexist scenario where women's pussies are things aside from themselves to be protected and bartered.

"Perverted" is buggering CHILDREN !!
    Last edited by Ripley; 20-06-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Dislocated Member

Last Online
    @
    Oops looks like your morals just slipped there Ripley. Too bad I couldn't red you.

Boxed Member
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid
    "My two grown-up sons have disowned me.
    No surprise and good for them.

Who cares? It's their loss."
    Their gain more likely.

sold by her own mother to pay off debts.
    Sad that it comes to this, but really....would you sell your child or be beaten to death yourself by the debt collector if you were a half decent person.

Where can a man like me get a girl like this?"
    On a rubbish dump by the looks....

Last Online
    25-06-2023 @ 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid View Post
    Fletcher has even bought himself a 17-year-old Cambodian bride for £150 who he met on the dump - sold by her own mother to pay off debts. Genuine charities are so concerned they attempted to outbid him to keep the girl out of his clutches.
    And these charities couldn't even come up with £150 to outbid him?!?!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    15-10-2020 @ 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Gee, grown men having sex with presumably sexually mature, consenting ( statutory notwithstanding ) 15 yo's is now a "horrific crime ".

Sorry, I don't call that pedophilia, just basic animal reproductive instinct " Young and fertile.." I bet plenty of men would do the same.

All this recent hysteria about older men with younger women, so what? Seems like it just feeds into a sexist scenario where women's pussies are things aside from themselves to be protected and bartered.

The sooner you attract the attention of some authority the better. With views as you have stated there is no place for you in a civilised society.
    I do not enter into insults but this is no insult. You are a worthless wretch.

Developing Member

Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 12:20 PM
    Ripley, although I believe in free speech, views like yours should be kept private.

Last Online
    22-09-2017 @ 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post

Pathetic scumbag you are!

Last Online
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    I thought this mob Welcome was all over blatent pedos like this ?

Last Online
    03-06-2011 @ 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRobsLife View Post
    Oops looks like your morals just slipped there Ripley. Too bad I couldn't red you.
    If Ripley's statement upset you that much, then surely this article (the viewpoint of a female, interstingly enough) sent you running to find your cross, holy water and stake ...

Novelist says girls are ready to have babies at 14
    Hilary Mantel, the prize-winning author, has opened up a public debate over teenage sex by claiming that girls are ready to have babies when they are 14 years-old.

By David Harrison
    Published: 9:00PM GMT 27 Feb 2010
    The 57-year-old novelist said that society ran on a "male timetable" which dictated that women should have babies at an older age.
    "Having sex and having babies is what young women are about, and their instincts are suppressed in the interests of society's timetable," she said.
    "I think it is that men's lives have set the timetable. Men reach a sort of sexual peak when you are 20, a social peak when you are 40.
    "There is this breed of women for whom society's timetable is completely wrong."
    Mantel, who won the Man Booker Prize last year for her novel Wolf Hall, said that society was "incredibly hypocritical" about teenage sex and teenagers having babies.
    "I was perfectly capable of setting up and running a home when I was 14, and if, say, it had been ordered differently, I might have thought 'Now is the time to have a couple of children and when I am 30 I will go back and I'll get my PhD,'" she said.
    "But society isn't yet ordered with that kind of flexibility," she said in an interview in today's Stella magazine.
    "We were being educated well into our twenties, an age when part of us wanted to become mothers, probably little bits of all of us. Some were more driven than others."
    Last night the writer's views met with a mixed response amid growing concern that Britain still has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in western Europe, despite a 10-year Government campaign to lower the figures.
    Sue MacDonald, of the Royal College of Midwives, said: "Having a baby is a life-changing experience and 14-year-olds have enough to cope with just being 14.
    "Girls of that age can be physically mature but not necessarily psychologically mature to cope with being a mother. It is much harder to be a parent if your own childhood is not complete."
    Norman Wells, of the Family Education Trust, said: "The real issue is not the age at which women become mothers, but whether they are married to a man who is committed to supporting his wife through thick and thin.
    "When a child enters the world without a stable family home and without both a mother and father, it's generally not such a happy event – and that is the situation that most teenage mothers find themselves in."
    Juliet Hillier, of Brook, the sexual health charity for young people, said teenagers needed to be given "the support, education and skills" to make informed choices about relationships and pregnancy.
    A spokesman for the TaxPayers' Alliance said: "Taxpayers are concerned about teenage mums, and particularly about a benefit system that offers financial incentives which encourage single motherhood."
    The Department for Children, Schools and Families said the suggestion that girls should have children at 14 was "completely out of line" with Government policy.
    A spokesman said: "Our strategy is to reduce the number of teenage pregnancies and offer age-appropriate sex education to young people. There are no plans to lower the age of consent from 16.
    "Young people should delay sex until they are ready. Teenage parents and their children are more likely to suffer health, emotional and economic problems than their peers."
    However, there was support for Mantel from Dr Claire Alexander, editor of a study, Teenage Parenthood: What's the Problem?, published this month.
    Dr Alexander, of the London School of Economics, said teenage pregnancy could be a force for good since many young mothers were motivated to turn their lives around to provide for their children.
    "Young parenthood can make sense and be valued and can even provide an impetus for teenage mothers and fathers to strive to provide a better life for their children," she said.
    Last week it emerged that the Government had failed to reach its target of halving the number of teenage pregnancies within 10 years.
    The latest figures, for 2008, show that 40.4 of every 1,000 girls aged 15-17 became pregnant, a 13.3 per cent fall from the 1998 rate of 46.6.
    There were more pregnancies among girls under 18 in England in 2008 than there were in 2001, and pregnancy rates among girls under 16 have been virtually unchanged for six years.
    The Government promised last week to expand sex education and promote contraception, including condom vending machines in colleges and schools.
    Mantel, who was born in Derbyshire, was left unable to have children after suffering from a debilitating and painful illness during her twenties.
    It was eventually diagnosed as a severe form of endometriosis and the author is now patron of the Endometriosis SHE Trust.
    The novelist, who was awarded a CBE in 2006, said that women should be able to choose whether to have children when they are teenagers or pursue a career and have children later in life.
    "If there were some paradise for women both those models would be valid," she said.
    Novelist says girls are ready to have babies at 14 - Telegraph

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by khang
    Novelist says girls are ready to have babies at 14
    https://teakdoor.com/issues/66281-gir...=Hilary+Mantel

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Fletcher has even bought himself a 17-year-old Cambodian bride for £150
    Absolutely digusting and depraved, raise the age of consent I reckon, maybe make it 30, yep thats right, no sex till your 30 you dirty disgusting perverts, jees drumond, is this the best you can do?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Genuine charities are so concerned they attempted to outbid him to keep the girl out of his clutches.
    So concerned, hmmm $150 dollars bid and they couldn't raise the money even though they were so concerned 2 consenting adults were getting married.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    And drummond, the title?
    Paedo Runs Kids Charity In Cambodia
    I mean ok you were the fat kid at school, but us more athletic kids were doing 15 year olds whilst at the same age.

Last Online
    12-10-2017 @ 01:56 PM
    I think that fact that
    he is grooming them.
    and there is an
    eight-year-old he calls his "favourite little girl"
    are evidence of his sickness...

And these things are worrying as they would be for anyone that did this
    15-year-old girl who he had plied with champagne and offered £250 for sex
    videoing the horrific crime
    And his excuse was this
    She was just my girlfriend. They caught me. I just did it ahead of her 16th birthday
    I'm sure he knew the law, why couldn't he wait? And what 15 year old in her right mind would refer to someone his age as her bf? Doubt she was bragging to her mates about that...

This guy is predatory and what he's doing isn't right.
    and he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck straight through him, with LIGHT coming out of his mouth!

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGoodhead
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mid eight-year-old he calls his "favourite little girl" are evidence of his sickness...
    hmmm, I call my mongeral dog my favourite little girl, ok she was born from a female rottie so she does have some class, I have never had sex with her nor would I want to nor would she appreciate it, so should I stop calling her all the pet names that i call her because she isn't a real rottie?

Last Online
    12-10-2017 @ 01:56 PM
    eh?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    You are saying.
    eight-year-old he calls his "favourite little girl"
    is grooming, I used to say that about my mates daughter, he nor I considered that grooming, he worked for the kent Police, yet you consider it grooming. Strange.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    context DD

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    LOL another Drummond article, this time sold his soul to the Mirror, so Mr Drummond were you just in Cambodia 'researching' the story???

Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog
    I mean ok you were the fat kid at school, but us more athletic kids were doing 15 year olds whilst at the same age.
    This bloke is 65 and has already been convicted once, of statutory rape, and he videoed it, for gods' sake.

You calling him "innocent" DD?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    ^Context? How many guys shagged a 15 year old when they were that age?

Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    ^Context? How many guys shagged a 15 year old when they were that age?
    I've no idea. I'm not 65, but I'm suprised you're condoning his actions.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    two 15 yr olds shagging ?

heaps no doubt

15 and 65 , illegal - end of story

context DD

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jandajoy View Post
    This bloke is 65 and has already been convicted once, of statutory rape, and he videoed it, for gods' sake.

You calling him "innocent" DD?
    The author of the article has form for sensationalism, blowing things all out of proportion and twisting things to suit his own agenda, which is basically to sell his stories to tabloids in the UK, having met the man on a couple of occassions and know how his dirty little mind works i take everything he writes with a pinch of salt.

Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread Information