Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Last Online
    13-08-2010 @ 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post

Jesus may have made a considerable sacrifice to save mankind, but then again he had considerable perks for that job.

Is Crucifixion considered a job perk ?

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Well Slackula /Ant etc etc etc ,

you won,t have any worries then being a little BUG (ger)
    Sorry, what? Again in English please. I don't speak Dribblenese.

I speak a bit- I believe he's saying you're not a human, but rather a 'bug' (hence the fine play on words 'BUG(ger)')- while the rest of us die a sweltering death, you and Slackula will continue merrily on due to the fact your arthropod-like exoskeletons will allow you to endure the increased temperatures that global warming will bring about.

Bastards...
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
    HST

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    I'm in Bangkok at the factory and it is steaming particularly when standing next to machines processing at 250 degrees C.

The factory manager reckons it is 41 degrees in some areas of the factory amd without checking I tend to agree with him.
    Used to work testing electronic equipment.
    1 hour at plus 50 then one hour at minus 50, all day.
    That screws you up.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    11-07-2021 @ 08:32 PM
    It may be hot there in LoS, but other places are a lot colder than usual,so the average temperature is possible the same.

Car windscreen this morning at 08.00,0 deg c in the U.K.

Last Online
    31-12-2010 @ 06:07 AM

Notice there's no information on what methane or other factors influenced these temperatrures, they simply concentrate on the most harmless one of the lot because it produces a scary-looking graph, designed to frighten the masses.

This Climate Change Racket was found-out years ago.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Overman
    This Climate Change Racket was found-out years ago
    Yes, so people on internet forums keep saying.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    GUEST POST by David Lappi
    65 million years of cooling
    The following two graphs (images created by Robert A. Rohde / Global Warming Art) are climate records based on oxygen isotope thermometry of deep-ocean sediment cores from many parts of the world [1]). On both graphs, colder temperatures are toward the bottom, and warmer temperatures toward the top. Significant temperature events on the first graph show the start and end of Antarctic glaciation 34 and 25 million years ago, and the resumption of glaciation about 13 million years ago. It is obvious from the graph that we are now living in the coldest period of Earth’s history for the last 65 million years. Despite recent rumors of global warming, we are actually in a deep freeze.

65 million years of global temperatures Image created by Robert A. Rohde / Global Warming Art
    Image created by Robert A. Rohde / Global Warming Art
    5 million years of cooling
    The last five million years of climate change is shown in the next graph based on work by Lisiecki and Raymo in 2005 [2] . It shows our planet has a dynamic temperature history, and over the last three million years, we have had a continuous series of ice ages (now about 90,000 years each) and interglacial warm periods (about 10,000 years each). There are 13 (count ‘em) ice ages on a 100,000 year cycle (from 1.25 million years ago to the present, and 33 ice ages on a 41,000 year cycle (between 2.6 million and 1.25 million years ago). Since Earth is on a multi-million-year cooling trend, we are currently lucky to be living during an interglacial warm period, but we are at the end of our normal 10,000 year warm interglacial period.

65 million years of global temperatures
    Image created by Robert A. Rohde / Global Warming Art
    The last 10 millenia
    To detail the more recent prehistoric temperature changes, scientists have drilled a number of ice cores in ancient glacial ice. Paleotemperature data from ice cores is considered to be our best continuous record of temperatures on the planet for time-spans up to about 420,000 years ago. Annual layering in undisturbed glacial ice allows us to precisely date the layers, and gives us a very accurate time and temperature sequence. The US government drilled the GISP 2 ice core in central Greenland over a five-year period, and the data is available here. This data set is useful because it reports temperatures (measured by oxygen isotopes) every 10 to 60 years — a good resolution. I sometimes see graphs of ice-core temperatures or greenhouse gasses that are based on measurements every 1,000 or 2,000 years: not nearly of close enough together for comparisons that are useful today. I downloaded and graphed these data in Excel myself. The following graphs have a time scale in years Before Present (BP).
    The next graph of temperature from the ice core for the last 10,000 years (the current interglacial period) shows that Greenland is now colder than for most of that period (vertical scale in degrees C below zero). We can see the Medieval Warm Period 800 to 1,000 years ago was not particularly warm, and the Little Ice Age 150 to 650 years ago was one of the longest sustained cold periods during this interglacial. We are now recovering from this abnormal cold period, and the recovery started long before anthropogenic greenhouse gases were produced in any quantity. The curved trend line in green shows that we have been experiencing declining temperatures for the past 3,000 years, and are likely to be heading down toward the next ice age. Temperatures are only considered to be increasing if viewed for the last 150 years, from 1850 onward, which is roughly when thermometers began collecting global data, and is also the period of time the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has chosen for its review. The red portion of the curve is the recovery from the Little Ice Age. The amount of 20th century warming is unknown, since it was recently revealed that unknown portions of the international temperature databases have been tampered with, and the amount and extent of the tampering has not been publicly documented. It is likely that some warming has continued into the 20th century, but it is also likely that the amount of warming is not as great as the 0.6 degrees C that the global warming advocates would lead us to believe.
    Our current warming is well within natural variation, and in view of the general decline in temperatures during the last half of this interglacial, is probably beneficial for mankind and most plants and animals. The graph clearly shows the Minoan Warming (about 3200 years ago), the Roman Warming (about 2000 years ago), and the Medieval Warm Period (about 900 years ago). Great advances in government, art, architecture, and science were made during these warmer times.

Greenland Temperatures - last 10,000 years
    Long-term, temperatures are now declining (for the last 3,000 years), and we appear to be headed for the next 90,000 year ice age, right on schedule at the end of our current 10,000 year warm period. We have repeated this cycle 46 times in succession over the last 2.6 million years. And in case you are wondering, the previous Antarctic ice cores tell a broadly similar story. The following graph of ice core data from Vostok (vertical scale in degrees C variation from present) shows that Antarctica is also experiencing a long-term (4,000 year) cooling trend mirroring the Greenland GISP2 cooling trend. Though the individual temperature spikes and dips are different than in Greenland, the long-term temperature trend on the planet appears to be down, not up. And since it is so late in our current interglacial period, we could be concerned about global cooling.

Vostok Antarctica, last 12,000 years
    The US is currently drilling a new ice core (see here), already at 1,512 meters where it is 7,700 years old, that is dated absolutely by counting annual ice layers, and each layer will be analyzed for temperature, greenhouse gases, and other constituents. This will give us the best Antarctic record yet. I believe the results will confirm the above. We geologists owe it to policy-makers to give them the benefit of our longer-term perspective. I believe we will regret regulating CO2, since doing so will not produce any measurable climate control, and may actually cause great harm to world economies. If we want to promote renewable energy sources (and I do), let us not penalize fossil fuel production and use. We may soon need all the energy we can produce, if the long-term cooling continues.
    My main point is that natural variation is so large, even if we cease all emissions completely, the climate will still change (just look at the graphs). The cost of (possibly) slightly influencing this change is so great, why not spend a lot less adapting to it? Since we don’t know if the long-term climate is cooling or warming (I bet on cooling long-term), we could spend trillions to cut emissions, only to have the climate cool catastrophically on its own. What then? Pump as much CO2 into the air as possible?
    Warming is not a killer, but global cooling is. It would only take a few years of global crop failures from cold weather to put populations at serious risk. Both the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets are thickening: Leave anything on the ice, and it gets buried pretty fast (for example: the US South Pole Base was recently reconstructed because the old base was being crushed by snow and ice, and WWII planes lost on Greenland’s southeast coast, were covered by 264 feet of ice in 50 years: see the image below). This is not rocket science. Sure, the sea-level edges are retreating (that is why we call them the ablation zones of a glacier), but they represent a minute portion of the continent-scale ice mass.

“Glacier girl” crashed on Greenland and became buried under 264 ft of ice.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    sorry the graphs are not working properly.

source The big picture: 65 million years of temperature swings « JoNova

En route
    Last Online
    24-02-2024 @ 04:47 PM
    This Climate Change Racket was found-out years ago
    Yes, so people on internet forums keep saying.
    It makes them feel better.
    As far as methane goes i've been a bit responsible for the rise in greenhouse gasses this week. Don't know what I ate but they'll be slapping a tax on my butt soon.
    Last edited by Cujo; 11-05-2010 at 03:45 PM.

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Wilson View Post
    Both the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets are thickening: Leave anything on the ice, and it gets buried pretty fast (for example: the US South Pole Base was recently reconstructed because the old base was being crushed by snow and ice, and WWII planes lost on Greenland’s southeast coast, were covered by 264 feet of ice in 50 years: see the image below). This is not rocket science. Sure, the sea-level edges are retreating (that is why we call them the ablation zones of a glacier), but they represent a minute portion of the continent-scale ice mass.
    NASA disagrees with him in their most recent report- he's taking a small area into account rather than looking at the big picture:

The West Antarctic ice sheet was found to be thickening in the west, thinning rapidly in the north, and probably losing mass overall by roughly 65 cubic kilometers (roughly 15.5 cubic miles) a year, enough to raise sea level by about 0.16 millimeters (0.006 inches) a year. InSAR observations show several major glaciers that are accelerating and contributing to sea level rise. Radar altimetry shows ice shelves in the Amundsen Sea Embayment are rapidly thinning, possibly in reaction to a warmer ocean, as suggested by recent oceanographic data. Melting of ice shelf bottoms is far larger than expected here due to intrusion of warm water on the continental shelf, implying a larger interplay of ice and ocean in ice sheet evolution.

NASA Study Finds Rapid Changes in Earth's Polar Ice Sheets : News

Last Online
    04-02-2017 @ 03:47 PM
    When the world's population stops breeding children that the world simply cannot sustain, I'll eat and drink my way to a pleasurable death sometime this century.

Jesus may have made a considerable sacrifice to save mankind, but then again he had considerable perks for that job.

Let nature take its course. If mankind disappeared off the planet, it would be completely reforested within 300 years and CO2 levels would drop considerably as a result of the ensuing leap in photosynthesis, which gobbles up C02 and produces Oxygen.
    I'll drink to that.

You never hear the politicians say stop breeding. It's always handouts for those with kids.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    09-12-2022 @ 12:25 PM
    I'm with jandajoy - where I'm standing its to fekin hot now..

I need a beer..!

Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smug Farang Bore
    I need a beer..!
    Absobloodylutely. Ice cold Leo. Going down a treat.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    ^I'm on the Tiger.

Last Online
    02-11-2016 @ 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Smug Farang Bore
    ^I'm on the Tiger.
    Good on ya. Hope it don't bite.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    JJ better lay off now as we'll get told off for hijacking Ants Tread.

Last Online
    10-06-2013 @ 06:42 PM
    since 1998/1999 the warming up of the earth has stopped and we are now in the period of cooling down, This is the only data for global tempratures that are used though they are disputed because of it being measured in the atmosphere or something lol.

They cant even predict how the wether is going to be in a few days how do they do it for centuries ahead? looooooooool

I don't dispute that we are really screwing up the earth but there are more evidence against the warming of the earth and it's correlation with the increase of co2 than there are evidence for it.

The co2 seems to have decreased since the 70's...? i read once
    anyway a scientist who is famous for providing data about the earth ( he seems not to intefere with the discussion as a whole !!??) has stated that the co2 increase follows the warming of the earth ( this has been the case for millions of years, he stated and showed his samples and explained in a documentary).

Anyway you have to be a real expert to understand the details, however the people against this theaory seem to get no reply on their objections about the global warming/co2 hypotheses....!!!??? that is always suspicious to me

Excitable Boy
    Last Online
    @
    ^^^

I don't know- there are some pretty smart people who believe in anthropomorphic causes for global warming (like Stephen Hawking, like the head of NASA, several others)- they may not be climatologists, but they're certainly capable of understanding the implications of the research of other scientists.

Last Online
    Good post, but this is what they will see when they read it.

Quote Originally Posted by aras View Post
    warming up of the earth/global tempratures/more evidence/increase of co2/scientist/global warming
    They're not interested in actual facts & prefer silly graphs which will tell you anything if they're fed the 'right' data.

there are some pretty smart people who believe in anthropomorphic causes for global warming
    There's some who don't.

Last Online
    @
    They're not interested in actual facts & prefer silly graphs which will tell you anything if they're fed the 'right' data.
    It's funny that you should mention facts because you've not actually presented any of your own.

In fact all you've done is rubbish the reports/studies/findings that have been cited without recourse or reference to anything else. You may think it scores you points on internet forums but it's hardly persuasive argument against climate change is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overman View Post
    there are some pretty smart people who believe in anthropomorphic causes for global warming
    There's some who don't.
    There are also some people who don't think that the earth's round.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    30-03-2017 @ 11:49 AM
    When the world's population stops breeding children that the world simply cannot sustain, I'll eat and drink my way to a pleasurable death sometime this century.

Let nature take its course. If mankind disappeared off the planet, it would be completely reforested within 300 years and CO2 levels would drop considerably as a result of the ensuing leap in photosynthesis, which gobbles up C02 and produces Oxygen.

The United Nations Flag indicates a flat earth, so that is good enough for me.

Last Online
    It's funny that you should mention facts because you've not actually presented any of your own
    Neither have you. That ropey graph doesn't constitute a fact. I've debunked this climate change racket a million times & so have many others but you simnply choose to ignore anything which contradicts your beliefs, so what's the point?

There are also some people who don't think that the earth's round
    The Earth's going to do its own thing, regardless.

Humans don't even come into it.

The idea we can influence planetery behavior is ludicrous.

Last Online
    @
    Neither have you. That ropey graph doesn't constitute a fact.
    Specious and incorrect.
    I've debunked this climate change racket a million times
    Exaggerate much? And I don't think that "What a load of shit" qualifies as debunking.
    The idea we can influence planetery behavior is ludicrous.
    Towns are polluted, cities are polluted, countries are polluted, yet it's too great a leap of logic for you to accept that the planet can be polluted. Guys just like you used to shout "Heretic!" and accuse people like Gallileo of witchcraft back in the day.

You read suspicously like a(nother) Shitman multinick.

Last Online
    Towns are polluted, cities are polluted, countries are polluted, yet it's too great a leap of logic for you to accept that the planet can be polluted
    You've just hit the nail on the head.

That's all it is - pollution.

It's not going to cause the destruction of the planet, like something out of Flash Gordon.

You read suspicously like a(nother) Shitman multinick
    Last edited by Overman; 11-05-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: He's for everyone of us, stands for everyone of us, he'll save with a mighty hand every man every woman every child - Ant!

pompeybloke
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson
    Towns are polluted, cities are polluted, countries are polluted, yet it's too great a leap of logic for you to accept that the planet can be polluted.
    you are soooo right! the sky the seas, everything is, and it's all man made. how can it be anything but the planet and how can its behaviour not be influenced by human mis-behaviour....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information