Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345678910111353103 ... LastLast
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghandi
    but US Health care is considered the best and most advanced of anywhere in the world
    True as that may be -- and I don't think anyone disputes that or that it's really in issue anyways -- it's only of benefit to those who can afford it, which is an increasingly smaller number.

Actually it only serves to highlight the issue. The US for all its 'best and most advanced health care' lags behind the rest of the developed world (and even some developing nations) in health measures.

Something's quite clearly seriously wrong with that equation.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Wealthy people , i.e heads of state from other countries travel to USA for technical surgeries like open heart transplants , brain surgery , etc.
    They do indeed. It is the best for those who can afford it. Not the best for those who cannot.

^ping.

Whopping Member
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    US Health care is considered the best and most advanced of anywhere in the world.
    I don't know, Ghandi. I'd expect the country with the best health care system in the world to have the lowest infant mortality and the highest life expectancy at birth.

From the BBC. BBC NEWS | Health | Healthcare around the world
    The sleep of reason brings forth monsters.

nid aur yw popeth melyn
    Last Online
    @
    Nov will come dens will most likely lose house and senate. Repubs will repeal law, Bo will veto and repub congress will over ride it. Not to mention 34 states that challenge this all the way to the supreme court. Don't think yanks will get this sh*te mandate anytime soon.
    nid aur yw popeth melyn

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2024 @ 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkman
    Here's a breakdown (according to this source, on how the HC will be paid for):
    Thank's for posting this Milkie, I couldn't get my posting to save.

Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    That piece of shit so-call health care bill might have 'passed' but the bulk of it will be repealed by the Republican Congress that's gonna be in place soon. So fuck you and the horse you rode in on all you Marxist, commie pinko-liberals who rooted for this POS!
    A Deplorable Bitter Clinger

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Thats exactly what those ole' deep south Rednecks were saying after the Civil Rights legislation.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-01-2024 @ 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post
    That piece of shit so-call health care bill might have 'passed' but the bulk of it will be repealed by the Republican Congress that's gonna be in place soon. So fuck you and the horse you rode in on all you Marxist, commie pinko-liberals who rooted for this POS!
    Sounds like Marxism to me! Thesis - Anti thesis - Synthesis.

Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang
    Thats exactly what those ole' deep south Rednecks were saying after the Civil Rights legislation.
    Compared to what I heard back then, Booners comment here is the hieght of diplomacy.

Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    Last Online
    @
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee
    That piece of shit so-call health care bill might have 'passed' but the bulk of it will be repealed by the Republican Congress that's gonna be in place soon.
    David Frum begs to differ:

No illusions please: This bill will not be repealed. Even if Republicans scored a 1994 style landslide in November, how many votes could we muster to re-open the “doughnut hole” and charge seniors more for prescription drugs? How many votes to re-allow insurers to rescind policies when they discover a pre-existing condition? How many votes to banish 25 year olds from their parents’ insurance coverage? And even if the votes were there – would President Obama sign such a repeal?

We followed the most radical voices in the party and the movement, and they led us to abject and irreversible defeat.

I’ve been on a soapbox for months now about the harm that our overheated talk is doing to us. Yes it mobilizes supporters – but by mobilizing them with hysterical accusations and pseudo-information, overheated talk has made it impossible for representatives to represent and elected leaders to lead. The real leaders are on TV and radio, and they have very different imperatives from people in government. Talk radio thrives on confrontation and recrimination. When Rush Limbaugh said that he wanted President Obama to fail, he was intelligently explaining his own interests. What he omitted to say – but what is equally true – is that he also wants Republicans to fail. If Republicans succeed – if they govern successfully in office and negotiate attractive compromises out of office – Rush’s listeners get less angry. And if they are less angry, they listen to the radio less, and hear fewer ads for Sleepnumber beds.

Link to full:

http://www.frumforum.com/waterloo
    bibo ergo sum
    If you hear the thunder be happy - the lightening missed.
    This time.

Thailand Expat

Last Online
    20-10-2012 @ 04:24 PM
    USA seems to have negative politics down to a fine art, -- opposing everything the government tries to do just for the sake of opposing it. And of course it provides a good living for some media presenters.

I have to wonder if there might not evolve a new generation of media presenters who expose the opposers? Could be an untapped market.

Nothing whatsoever to do with whats right or wrong for the country, but hell, who cares so long as it makes money! Its the American way.

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    18-02-2017 @ 10:41 AM
    It's everybody's way.

Last Online
    28-04-2013 @ 10:48 PM
    Let's see. We'll add 30 million more patients. I wonder where all the new doctors & new hospitals will come from to treat them?

O yeah & 99% of those new 30 million will be too broke to pay premiums. Hey I got an idea. We'll let the taxpayers get their tab.

Rationing & death panels are coming. No Question.
    Barack Hussein Obama lying polecat. Libs Only Comply With Laws They Agree With.

Last Online
    btw - the concensus is the the UK national health sucks bigger tham bambam sucks.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcom
    Rationing & death panels are coming. No Question.
    I am going to fly to the USA tomorrow for my abortion, I might have a few sex changes afterward just for the hell of it. My cat is shortlisted to head a death panel; do you have any advice as to how he should vote?

I am in Jail
    Last Online
    18-02-2017 @ 10:41 AM
    While you're getting aborted maybe we should go to the Falklands in your stead and save you from another embarrassment. A battle ship with a Styrofoam hull. Jolly good show!

Last Online
    Slackula. You're on the terror watchlist fucknutz.

Cancel your ticket.

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel Toe
    While you're getting aborted maybe we should go to the Falklands
    How on earth do you manage to pull the Falklands into a US abortion debate? Go look up a straw man argument.

Last Online
    @
    Let's see. We'll add 30 million more patients. I wonder where all the new doctors & new hospitals will come from to treat them?
    Yeah good point. Don't add them, let them get sick and die. That'll teach them for being poor or for having their coverage recinded by profit motivated and driven insurance carriers.

Last Online
    13-08-2010 @ 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Yeah good point. Don't add them, let them get sick and die. That'll teach them for being poor or for having their coverage recinded by profit motivated and driven insurance carriers.

How is the government run health care in NZ then ?

Whopping Member
    Last Online
    06-06-2017 @ 03:52 PM
    I'm looking forward to the Republicans getting back in and trying to take 30 million people out of the healthcare system.

I've been racking my brains and I can't think how they're gonna sell it. But it's gonna be fun watching them try.

Last Online
    @
    benbaa,

Good point.

If it's passed by the Senate, which it should be, the GOP cannot go back, IMO.

Politically speaking. Anyone have opinions on this?

Last Online
    @
    And....but.....

The House passed the overhaul — now what?

21 out of 22 times, reconciliation legislation has been sent back to Hous

analysis
    By Ken Strickland
    Senate Producer
    NBC News
    updated 11:36 a.m. ET March 22, 2010

So, now what?
    Relieved Democrats may still be celebrating the passage of landmark health care overhaul legislation, but Republicans in the Senate still have an opportunity to try to derail the bill.
    And if history is any guide, they are likely to force the House to vote on health care again before Easter. "Anybody that thinks that this is only going to be a one-time deal today in the House, I think, is grossly mistaken," said Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch on CNN's "State of the Union."
    Link & Entire: The House passed the overhaul ? now what? - Health care reform- msnbc.com

Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaaa View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Republicans getting back in and trying to take 30 million people out of the healthcare system.

I've been racking my brains and I can't think how they're gonna sell it. But it's gonna be fun watching them try.

And this should be the Dems theme when calling voters to the polls in November. Tell the voters the rethugs will try to repeal this bill. They will come out in droves to save it.

I am in Jail

Last Online
    22-11-2011 @ 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe
    Or maybe not
    Correct, I see now the link I posted is from the 2009 vote. My apologies to all.

Have at me Jet. I expect a proper thrashing.
    Nah, too easy. I am with-holding the case of home-made chokecherry jelly and syrup I was about to Fed-Ex you tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boon Mee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dotcom View Post
    I like Slack. He's a fekwit, but he's a nice fekwit.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbaaa View Post
    Easy, kick out the illegal aliens.
    Last edited by Jet Gorgon; 23-03-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 12345678910111353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information