Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boxed Member
    Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 07:37 PM
    Are you sure these are not the gas powered air guns you are talking about ?

I want a proper air gun, that fires the little lead pellet that will kill small animals, rats. birds etc and scare the crap out of a dog.

You can buy the lead pellets at many places, but yet to see the real proper air gun for sale on the streets or markets.

Proper gun shops may have them, but then do you need a licence and shit ?

Interested in Thrilleds friend if they are in fact the proper air guns.
    I like poisoning my neighbours dogs till they die cos I'm a cnut

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawty
    I want a proper air gun, that fires the little lead pellet that will kill small animals, rats. birds etc and scare the crap out of a dog.
    They used to be available behind the scenes at Thasadet Market in Nong Khai. Unfortunately, they now only sell the lead pellets and the BB guns. I've been to every store and they all said go to Udon and try there. You can buy the cross-bows, though.

RIP
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    You can buy good quality air powered rifles, but you going to get one for the same price as a cheap low quality chinese made piece of junk.
    Good quality guns will cost you as much as a good qualith firearm as they are the same thing actually, just use pre compressed air instewad of instantly compressed with a charge of powder, more infact because the trigger mechinism has to be somewhat different.
    If you are planning on getting one for 2000 baht then it will be chinese junk.

I own in my collection 2 single shot 22 caliber rifles,, one I bought as a kid and it is a Stevens 22 single shot that I paid about $25.00 for,, years later I bought a Model 52 Winchester 22 caliber for $200.00 and sometime later I bought another single shot, Ruger 1-V for $700.00 in 22 caliber.
    I bought a .177 chinese model pellet rifle here thru my Bro in law for said 2000 baht, I later gave it away as it was useless piece of junk.

RIP
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:52 PM
    Very good thrilled if you can help me to got a good ari gun from your frind think 4,5 mm are the most common I'm right?
    I like also to fit an binoculare on the top so I can kill small animales far a way 25-40 meter.
    The cost are not any problem better to buy a good quality one time insted of buy a cheep one twice.

CHEEP IN NOT GOOD GOOD IS NOT CHEEP !!!!!!!!!
    sssfqt

Last Online
    18-03-2010 @ 11:42 PM
    there was a thai guy on youtube firing an airgun ,

so are we talking a PCP pumped up with a stirrup pump, a CO2 ,or a springer or a gasram rifle??
    then you need some good quality pellets as the cheapo pellets are cerap.
    the chinese springer rifles are pretty rough but they can be tweaked to be better .
    here is the best global forum on airguns .

Chinese Airgun Forum

chinese tweaking section >>
    Airgun forum

for ideas >>
    https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/
    i'd rather have a phlebotomy than a full frontal lobotomy

Last Online
    here is one of my PCP rifles in a .20 cal .
    i use a divers bottle to fill it up but i can use a stirrup pump

Last Online
    the thing is with springer rifles is that its hold sensitive, you cant grip it tite ,like any other rifle ,its a technique that has to be learnt before you can shoot accuratetly .
    you have to let it just rest in your hand under the stock and follow thru when you fire.
    i have a large collection of air rifles and pistols and i carve the stocks out of walnut to suit me.

if you wanted a small rifle for shooting pests i would recomend a crossman king ratcatcher as seen here ,its cheap and does the job and runs on Co2 refills

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showprodu...t=CO2%20Rifles

Last Online
    04-03-2014 @ 07:28 AM
    while were still on the subject of repelling animals ,anyone know where to buy an ultrasonic dog chaser in l o s

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    ^
    If the offer is good enough, my wife.

(But she has to be released periodically for cleaning and other things wives are supposed to do.)

Last Online
    04-03-2014 @ 07:28 AM
    this is for the little lady the local dogs dont seem to like her electric motorcycle,or at least most of them, one particular nasty bastard just does not like the wife,perhaps shee fed it something she cooked herself

Last Online
    07-05-2010 @ 06:25 AM
    I would go for a springer, more simple to repair,no rubber seal to perish in the heat. Ask to try one, before you buy.
    I'm thinking of getting an Air rifle to use in Thailand, but will do some research with the local police, before buying one.
    In the UK, I have 2 side by side 12g, 3 u/o 12g, 3 single barrel 12g, 1, pump action 12g, 1 selfloader/semi 12g and 1 side by side 410 shotguns,
    1 .22 rimfire rifle, 1 Mosin Nagant 7.62x54r rifle, 1 223 straight pull (uk spec)AK rifle, 1 7.62x39 straight pull(uk spec) AK rifle and a Mauser 7.62x51 rifle.......even an old .22 air rifle.
    But nothing more than an empty beer bottle in Thailand.

An ideal rat gun, would be a .22 rimfire rifle with .22 shotgun cartridges(yes they do make them). They use them for Rat and Snake shooting in barns in the USA.

Would anyone know if you can get/use .22 Rimfire in Thailand ?

Last Online
    16-01-2019 @ 09:46 PM
    Hi thrilled could you please message me re gushop in Korat? I went there today to do my 90 day report and tried to find a gun shop. But no go.

Last Online
    30-03-2013 @ 10:45 AM
    BlackBerry (BB) Curve 8900 / Bold 9000 is the BB shop. No licence required. Google translate the page and they have a direction map on the site. There are 2 gun shops in Korat, that I've been to, but it's difficult to give directions. They're near the town center by the statue of that woman, who they admire.
    They sell brand named airguns, but you need a licence. Send 'Thrilled' a personal message as there ain't much chance he come back on an old thread such as this.
    Death is natures way of telling you to slow down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information