Thread: Volunteer work

Last Online
    28-03-2015 @ 04:31 PM

Volunteer work

Anyone know of any websites that can give me information on doing voluneer work in SE Asia?

Quick search in google and it's loads of firms trying to sell you the privilage whereas me and the missus have already booked our flights and are just considering taking a break from our travels for a few weeks or a month and volunterring some time?

Anyone direct me please?

Thanks in advance.

Knows fok all
    Last Online
    @
    I need my house painting fancy that ?

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    If you want to volunteer in Thailand my kitchen needs a good clean, probably take about 10 days, or for Cambodia there are these people.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I think starfish also expect you to pay for your volunteer work.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    Turtle Conservation Conservation Travel in Thailand

Do you love the beach? Do you love animals? Then why not help support this project and enjoy Thailand's Gulf coast while helping to sustain its turtle population.

The current stock of turtles in Thai waters is in desperate need of replenishment. The Rayong Turtle Conservation Project looks after baby turtles during their most vulnerable period, up to 12 months old. Once a turtle reaches 12 months it has outgrown all its natural predators. Did you know the success rate of a turtle egg hatching and reaching adulthood is just 1 in a 1000.

Wildlife Protection

Each day you will travel with your fellow volunteers to Koh Mannai island. The island is a 15 minutes boat ride. Once on the island you will provide assistance to the Thai staff. Tasks include feeding and administering medicines to the turtles living the hatchery, cleaning their tanks, helping maintain the island's facilities and acting as a guide to the tourists which arrive almost daily.

This is a fascinating placement where you will learn so much about these beautiful creatures. More so, you will be living and working with the local community, and learning so much about Thailand and its people.

Volunteer Travel

Volunteers work a 4 day week and have the long weekend to explore locally or further afield. Along with living minutes from the beach there other islands on Thailand’s Gulf Coast to explore. Ko Samet is the nearest by Ko Chang is reachable. Please email if you have any questions about this placement. This project has a maximum capacity of four volunteers at any one time. This project can be fully booked as much as six months in advance. If you are serious about coming along make contact soon to save disappointment later.
    • Fact File
    Arrival Airport:
    Bangkok
    Arrival Dates:
    2 or 3 Jan, 6 Feb,6 Mar, 3 Apr, 1 May, 2 Oct, 6 Nov, 4 Dec Availability: October - May
    Duration:
    4-8 weeks
    Cost:
    Deposit £300, 4 weeks £900, 8 weeks £1200
    What is Included:
    Airport pick up and transfers, Bangkok stopover, journey to location, accommodation, local coordinator
    What you need to arrange:
    International flight, visa, vaccinations, food, expenses

Sprayed On Member
    Last Online
    @
    Farther Joe is a good cause. Helping kids who have been affected by aids before they were born.

Last Online
    26-06-2014 @ 12:41 AM
    I have put a thread up on other sites for the same question I expect to be living in the pattaya area sometime soon and want something usefull to do with my life

Last Online
    Thanks for the responses so far everyone. Appreciated.

If anyone has anymore whack them up?

Ta

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I would have said father joe also, his foundation also looks after orphans and kids of drug effectted families, don't have the link right now but google fr joe klong toey foundation, I've also tried organising help with some of the orphanages in pattaya, they didn't want help, in fact asled for money only, apparently hiding poor condiitions and burmese workers.

Gohills flip-flops wearer
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    The Wildlife Friends Of Thailand operate a sanctuary near Hua Hin. They rescue abused animals and take care of them until rehabilitation is possible. Minimum of three weeks at a time.
    More info here......... Wildlife Volunteers - Wildlife Rescue Centre

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    ^^thats actually because Pattaya has such a bad reputation so they are extremely carefull on who they allow into the orphanage, ie they aint going to allow some guy off the street to take the kids to a day at the beach or anything like that.

Last Online
    10-04-2014 @ 08:22 PM

Volunteer Work in Thailand

Congratulations on your decision to do Volunteer work here in Thailand! I don't know where you want to go, but here in Chaiyaphum, and the surrounding area (Radius of 60 Km) there are many small villages, with older people that need and want help fixing up their living quarters. Some be living in a small lean-to, with very little cover or sides to the shack.

You did not mention your skills, but all of the Village schools would welcom the chance to have someone that speaks English in their class rooms for even a couple of weeks. As you know, when speaking a new language, it takes Practice,Practice, Practice.

I am not familiar with the National Parks system, but I am sure that they have a web site. On November 20,21,22, there is the Elephant Festival in Surin, and many Elephant farms look for Volunteers to help with the clean up and feeding.

Good Luck, (Choke dee Na) Please do not become discouraged if you don't find something. There is something out there if you really want to do this.

I am not a cat
    Last Online
    @
    Quote Originally Posted by CB79 View Post

Anyone direct me please?

Thanks in advance.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have any specific skills that you could bring to your volunteer effort?

Banned
    Last Online
    30-01-2013 @ 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    Farther Joe is a good cause. Helping kids who have been affected by aids before they were born.
    Yes. A friend just spent a month volunteering with this place in Klong Toey. Have one section of abandoned/orphaned HIV+ kids aged 0-6.

Baan Nor Giank - Baan Nor Giank is a residential home for babies and infants affected by HIV/AIDS. The children here are between two and seven years old and the home is always looking for volunteers who are willing to go and play with the babies. Children with HIV/AIDS are often
    ostracized, especially in a country like Thailand, so they miss out on normal social interaction. Volunteering to go and just play with the kids, give them hugs and treat them like normal children will go a long way to making them feel normal and giving them a healthy and happy life. Contact the home at 02-258-5252.
    I'll be doing the same as soon as I've time.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    Based in Northern Thailand on the Burma border, Blood Foundation run education, health and income-generation projects for Burmese refugees, Hill Tribe people and disadvantaged Thai children.
    http://www.bloodfoundation.org/

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post

Anyone direct me please?

Thanks in advance.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have any specific skills that you could bring to your volunteer effort?
    Good question.

Unfortunately, my background is mainly office based so I am not a builder or the like so don't have any specific skills of that sense, nor am I University educated or a trained teacher.

I am however more than happy to clean, paint, shovel shit, attempt to teach English or anything that anyone found worthwhile.

Like I say me and the missus plan to travel for a year (intending to fly onto New Zealand after 5 or 6 months in SE Asia) and we're just thinking that in that time it would be good to be able to do something worthwhile as opposed to just lazing on beaches, getting drunk, taking in the sights and trying to blag the missus to have a 3-some with a good looking bar girl.

Withnall, KhonKaenDan, Ghengis and Mao - thanks for the help and infomation.

R.I.P.

Last Online
    @
    I think your time would be better spent trying to blag the missus into a 3 some to be honest, much more fun than shovelling elephants poo

I am in Jail

Last Online
    02-07-2018 @ 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post

Anyone direct me please?

Thanks in advance.
    you mean cash ?

I am in Jail

Last Online
    02-07-2018 @ 06:46 PM
    .... and trying to blag the missus to have a 3-some with a good looking bar girl.
    indeed it's quite hard to find a good looking bar girl nowadays.
    Almost like finding a "volunteer" organization not charging you for your volunteering.

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    I think your time would be better spent trying to blag the missus into a 3 some to be honest, much more fun than shovelling elephants poo
    I've already approached the subject and got told politely where to go!!!

Oh well maybe a bit of sunshine, the sea air and a bucket full of Samsung might change her mind!!

Last Online
    Quote Originally Posted by wefearourdespot View Post
    .... and trying to blag the missus to have a 3-some with a good looking bar girl.
    indeed it's quite hard to find a good looking bar girl nowadays.
    Almost like finding a "volunteer" organization not charging you for your volunteering.
    Too be fair I ain't fussy, i'll take an ugly one.......

Thread Information