Last Online
    23-05-2015 @ 12:56 AM

Hongkong Excursion

Just got back from a flightcentre bargain flight deal,7 nights hotel and flight , 700dollars aus, including taxes, the wifes eyes lit up , oodles of shopping, lots of goodies for the grandkids and a new supply of frillies from marks and spencers, Brilliant markets, no touts, timeshare sellers , great public transport system 6 day octopus card covers underground, all buses and ferries, 30 dollars Aus, and at the end of the week any unused funds paid out , a great hassle free way to tour hongkong,san miguel beer litre 4 dollars aus, every bit as hectic as Bangkok ,but really clean and no taxi or tuk tuk drivers shouting at you , so as a shopping alternative hongkong is the place to go!!

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    @
    I agree, that's a great deal. and I quite like HK.

Last Online
    07-12-2022 @ 03:12 PM
    They sell really cheap Guinness in there 7-11's.

I like Hong Kong , plenty of action and some absolute horn cracking women.

Happy days.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    I like HK - it smells like a Chinky restaurant.

Last Online
    23-05-2015 @ 12:56 AM
    Another thing that is quite good about HK is, The postal service we posted a parcel by airmail on monday( aquarter of the price we pay in australia), it arrived friday morning in UK, here in aus it can take a week for post to come from brisbane to Bribie and thats only 40kmsall in all we found nothing to whinge about , it was a great week,only bad experience as always, is immigration and customs at Brisbane international, always allow at least 3 hours and a handfull of valium for themafter organised places like Hongkong and singapore even Suvannapoon looks great compairedto brisbane

RIP
    Last Online
    31-01-2011 @ 09:29 PM
    Landed in HK a few years ago ( 1998?)- jeans - work boots and a T shirt - China Southern had lost my bag .
    Got into Wanchi and the hotel at 4:30 in the afternoon. Had a meeting next morning at 9:30 with a BIG boss about a megga claim I was handling .
    Can't remember the name of the hotel but it was the one that the Suzy Wong was about or based upon.
    Concierge could see I was a bit agitated - I had stopped there a few times before and overtipped him one time so he was very attentive !!

He sorted my room out and then - understanding my problem - said come with me ! !!!

He took me through alleys that normal people wouldn't go down and sat me down at a chinese tailor shop.
    Sat me down with a large JD and I was surrounded by swarms of our colonial bretheren who measured every inch of me - including feet !!!
    Next was to a bloody great Dim Sum restaurant - only "roundeye" in there !- paid for by the concierge !!
    Totally stuffed ( and half pissed ) went back to the tailor shop after a couple of hours for check fitting of suit !!
    All ok so off to the Beer Castle for a total pissup with my mates - had been 2 weeks in the outback of Inner Mongolia for two weeks and was gagging for a bit of serious relaxation .

Got back to hotel and flopped out !

Room service brekkie arrived at 8 - also about 4 honkies

They fussed about making sure all fitted .

Yes all-
    Suit
    Shirt
    Tie
    Shoes ( Oxford Brouges )
    Socks and even underpants !!!!!

275 $US the lot !

I like Hong Kong

Last Online
    @
    Hong Kong is the first place I visited in Asia and I fell in love with the place immediately.

Arrived at my hotel about 2.00 in the morning, woke up about 7.00am and walked out onto Nathan Road at 8.30 and was engulfed into the early morning rush hour, the smells, the markets and the absolute buzz the city offers.

I knew right there and then I would most probably spend the rest of my life in Asia.

Thailand Expat
    Last Online
    20-11-2019 @ 06:38 PM
    Hong Kong' fantastic ! I'd live there tomorrow given the chance.

Cheers

Last Online
    20-04-2015 @ 10:55 AM
    Nice pictures

Last Online
    @
    Pervert!

Thread Information